Bryce is done...edit...per the Athletic...will be traded
Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

636 posts 126 threads Joined: Oct 2023
09-15-2024, 03:34 PM -
This seems obvious to everyone. Tepper needs to give the staff permission to  move on. Until he does that there is no future for this team.
This post was last modified: 09-21-2024, 03:03 PM by Ladypanther.
OceanPanther

155 posts 17 threads Joined: Mar 2020
09-15-2024, 03:47 PM -
Yeah, he looks like a scared deer.

There’s a rumor out there,, the Panthers might accept the invitation from the PAC 12 for next season.. Just a rumor though lol.

Bryce has not once looked like he had command of the game,,

Maybe ( no I don’t believe this ) Plummer can be the next Jake Delhomne..

I’ve not seen our new Corp of receivers do anything magical to get open .. not that Bryce could throw it to them.
Ladypanther

09-15-2024, 03:55 PM -
Plummer made great progress in the preseason.  I would like to see more of him.. (note...he is tall enough to see over the line)
Firstchance
Posting Freak

764 posts 85 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-15-2024, 06:28 PM -
Come on. You have got to give Bryce a chance. He is our future. New coach, new scheme, new players around him. It’s not his fault that he is only five foot nine, 165 pounds with a weak noodle and inaccurate arm. He was the #1 pick int the draft, we gave up a ton to get him. Mortgaged the future and that mortgage is fixing to go into default.

(09-15-2024, 06:28 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Come on. You have got to give Bryce a chance. He is our future. New coach, new scheme, new players around him. It’s not his fault that he is only five foot nine, 165 pounds with a weak noodle and inaccurate arm. He was the #1 pick int the draft, we gave up a ton to get him. Mortgaged the future and that mortgage is fixing to go into default.

And Nicole must be made as Bryce was her favorite.
This post was last modified: 09-15-2024, 06:30 PM by Firstchance.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,341 posts 756 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-16-2024, 05:35 AM -
Sorry I wasn't on here yesterday. I was out of town for family business, but recorded the game and watched it last night. It was sickening. Disgusting. And, just like I mentioned last week about Bryce doing those little jump up and toss the balls, the announcers actually commented on it yesterday. He cannot see beyond three or four yards "downfield", even when receivers ARE open. I'm done with him as a quarterback in the NFL. The Panthers should be shifting their depth chart this morning with somebody else as QB1, or people are going to stop watching games period, me included. It was embarrassing.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,341 posts 756 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-16-2024, 05:37 AM -
(09-15-2024, 03:55 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: Plummer made great progress in the preseason.  I would like to see more of him.. (note...he is tall enough to see over the line)

I agree wholeheartedly.  Plummer looked MUCH better than Bryce in his last preseason game.
Ladypanther

09-21-2024, 03:00 PM -
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5783024...-benching/

It’s over for Bryce Young in Carolina

The NFC South is spicy right now and could have the most wins of any division after three weeks. They also have the Panthers…

Things are bad in Carolina right now. After just two games in a new offensive system with a new head coach, the Panthers made a bold decision and pulled the plug on 2023 No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young.

It’s over. No matter what Carolina says, rest assured: It’s over.

This isn’t an experiment.

This isn’t a Ross and Rachel break.

This is Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston over.

Bryce Young heads to the bench 18 games into his NFL career, with Andy Dalton (left) stepping in. (Grant Halverson / Getty Images)
The quarterback was stunned when told he’d been benched. On the field, the offense is frustrated. One Panthers player said, “Young was making the same mistakes over and over.”

Young was fully aware that he needed to improve, but he was reassured that he was still the guy. The coaching staff told him they were in this together. They told him that “he was fine,” and that they were all on board to reach their goals.

On Monday, it changed.

It’s why Young admitted he was surprised by the move — he thought he had more time. First-year head coach David Canales told the world it was his call, but it was hard to find anyone in the league who believed that owner David Tepper had nothing to do with this decision.

History in Carolina tells us that while Tepper has tried to be more hands-off and allow the football people to make the football decisions, it’s never that easy. Even people on the Panthers believe ownership said, enough. “Too much changed from Sunday to Monday,” one source added. Now, veteran Andy Dalton gets a shot at trying to give the offense some life.

Eighteen months ago, Tepper and the Panthers had a choice: Young or C.J. Stroud with the No. 1 overall pick. Tepper and company told people and were convinced that they found their Drew Brees in Young. The height and weight were always an issue for the team, but they were willing to pick outside the prototype quarterback in hopes of hitting the jackpot.
This post was last modified: 09-21-2024, 03:02 PM by Ladypanther.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,043 posts 566 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-21-2024, 03:58 PM -
I am not completely convinced.....

If we see the Panthers make a move for another QB somewhere, then maybe this makes more sense. Right now, the Panthers MUST have a #2 QB and one for the Scout team. Can these two players be the same person.?? Well, yes they can be. But without any time to learn the Offense, the problem is... Who will be #1 and who will be #2.?? If we trade BY, who has enough experience to backup Dalton AND run the scout team.??

I don't believe that Plummer is ready to take over the #2 spot as backup. If the team doesn't carry a third QB, then the backup has to not only command the playbook for our team, but they have to learn the Offense of our opponents every week. The "scout team" QB practices against the #1 Defense by presenting the opponents Offense each week. 

We might trade BY.... Maybe...  But truthfully, I can't see it happening in the short-term.  But, what do I know..? I am frequently wrong. So, there's that...
Bag
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,316 posts 68 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-22-2024, 01:05 AM -
I don’t know bout a trade. He’s here though the year at least. Let him sit n learn. If he can’t learn…
OceanPanther

155 posts 17 threads Joined: Mar 2020
09-22-2024, 07:18 AM -
I think we all love the person and character of Bryce Young. I understand there have been many many chefs in the kitchen giving orders. And if any of these chefs ( especially our current coaching staff ) thought there was glimmer of hope for Bryce here in Carolina, they'd still be saying all the right things. This time it seems like a done deal. Canales had plenty of opportunities to say things like, " he needs to sit an watch for a while , while still learning " etc,,, that type of comment was never made. I think he's done here. The longer we wait to trade him, the more likely we'll get something , instead if having to release him out right. I think he won't be cut this year.
No commentary or interviews or press conferences have I heard a word of encouragement . I may be wrong.
Should Andy Dalton lay an egg as well, or an immediate injury,, then he might be back out there. So might Plummer.