Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-07-2023, 04:59 AM -
I was just reading over the article on Panthers.com about Raheem Blackshear, when I skimmed across something that (at first) didn't jump out at me.  After feeling I had missed something, I scanned the paragraph again and found this about the "New NFL Rule".

Am I living in a bucket, or did anyone else not know about this "new rule".

Quote:With the NFL's new kickoff rule, allowing the ball to be placed at the 25-yard line on kickoffs if a fair catch is called behind the 25-yard line, Blackshear knows fewer opportunities could be around for players looking for roster spots.

The rule, which has been used in college football since 2018, could also help mitigate the chance of injury on kickoffs, and Blackshear said he sees that benefit as well. But his overall thoughts were a fitting statement coming from someone who benefitted from a special teams opportunity as an undrafted rookie last year.

https://www.panthers.com/news/raheem-bla...un-it-back

By the way, good article on Blackshear there as well.  It's always great to see an undrafted player do good things in the NFL.  I always think back to Brad Hoover and the career he had.
This post was last modified: 07-07-2023, 05:00 AM by PantherFan007.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-07-2023, 05:57 PM -
Yeah, they have been talking about that “rule change” for awhile. I did NOT know that college teams had been playing that way though (until I read that article…). It’s supposed to be a ‘trial’ for a year before possibly becoming a permanent change. Honestly, I have mixed feelings about these things. I don’t want any of the players getting hurt…… but they’re ruining the game.

I love Blackshear as a returner. In case no one remembers, he had over 200 K.O. return yards last year in ONE game.!! Over 500 for the season. GREAT kickoff return man. Every time he catches one he’s a threat to take it to the house.
CoolDance
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"