Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

0 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-23-2023, 08:57 AM -
As the first Panthers arrived in Spartanburg, no veterans were expected to show up. The rookies get a four day head start into conditioning and acclimating to the NFL and the HEAT. That leaves the "rookies" as the only early arrivals on Saturday. The rules for "rookies" are a little obtuse... it takes some purposeful reading and a certain degree of "understanding" to be able to decipher who arrives when.....  So, "rookies" are any player who has not signed an NFL contract with a team in a prior year. However..... That is not where it ends... Teams can require any player who HAS signed an NFL contract in a prior year to arrive with the "rookies" IF that player does not yet have one "pension-credited season".

One other interesting note.... Teams can require "veteran quarterbacks" and "injured players" to report to Training Camp up to five (5) days early (before the required reporting date for all other veteran players). 

So, who are the players the Panthers have arriving early (with the rookies) this year.??  WELL,  I don't rightly know. I guess I COULD try to look up the "pension-credited" seasons for each young player, but really, who cares.??

SO... This year the Panthers have four (4) players starting Training Camp on the PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) list. Those four players are, in no particular order, Austin Corbett, Chandler Zavala, John Penisini, and Jalen Redmond.  These players can be activated at any time during Camp once they are cleared to participate.

PANTHERS.COM:  Panthers Active "PUP" List
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"