WHO WILL BE THE DARK HORSE THIS SEASON???
Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-12-2023, 12:00 PM -
Each season (okay, well *most* seasons) we seen someone come out of left field and become an instant star on the field.  Usually it's some unknown player that went undrafted, or a lesser-known free agent signing during the offseason.  This thought has been nawing at me over the past month or so, and I'm curious to see who it might be.

Any thoughts?

I'm thinking maybe Hayden Hurst, but that would almost be expected.   I have a feeling it will be fun to watch Bryce Young find his brand new "favorite target". 

Jonathan Mingo is an exciting prospect for me.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-13-2023, 08:51 AM -
Dark Horse..??  Hmm...Interesting question.

If we're talking "Dark Horse", we have to eliminate the all-pros, the pro-bowlers, the high-ranked veterans, and the highly-regarded, highly-ranked draftees.  The Panthers have a LOT of talent like Hayden Hurst, Adam Thielen, DJ Chark, Jonathon Mingo, Bryce Young, and others.  But, sorry.... they don't qualify as a "Dark Horse". 

So my choice(s) are:  Matt Corral; Raheem Blackshear; Amare Barno; Brandon Smith; Tommy Tremble; Cade Mays.  There are other possibilities as well. Of those six guys, my favorites are:  Amare Barno, and Raheem Blackshear.  (I don't think Matt Corral will get to play much (if at all); Brandon Smith is great but he's buried in a morass at ILB; Tommy Tremble is fearless and has great hands but he's stuck behind Hayden Hurst; And Cade Mays will be swapped in and out of multiple positions, so...)

I will have to continue thinking about this.....
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"