BRADY CHRISTENSEN TO IR - SEASON-ENDING (PROBABLY)
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

13 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-13-2023, 03:35 PM -
EDIT: Friday, September 15 -----

Brady Christensen announced on IG today that he had undergone surgery to repair a severe bicep tear.  Have to wait and see how long he'll be out. Most likely season-ending.....

As of today (Wednesday), the Panthers have placed starting LG, Brady Christensen, on IR. Christensen injured his forearm in the season-opening game against the Falcons. According to the Panthers website it will be a minimum of 4 weeks. But with IR, it could be longer. One of the Panthers reporters, Mike Kaye, posted on Twitter (X) that it would be "season-ending". The Panthers announcement (Darin Gantt) did NOT say "season-ending", but..... ????

PANTHERS.COM:  LG Brady Christensen To IR...

CSR (CAT SCRATCH READER):  Brady Christensen Out (Season Ending.???)

PANTHERS WIRE:  LG Christensen IR (For Season..??)
This post was last modified: 09-15-2023, 01:09 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Firstchance

716 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-13-2023, 05:50 PM -
Hate it for Brady. Hope it’s not season ending but not sounding good.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-13-2023, 07:03 PM -
FWIW panthers wire is reporting, on another report, it’s for the season. Bless that fella.

Sorry Hobbit, didn’t see that last link.
This post was last modified: 09-13-2023, 07:04 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-13-2023, 07:29 PM -
(09-13-2023, 07:03 PM)Josh21 Wrote: FWIW panthers wire is reporting, on another report, it’s for the season.  Bless that fella.

Sorry Hobbit, didn’t see that last link.

LOL... Thumbsup

Yeah, there are several prognosticators who are saying "season-ending".  They are all quoting Mike Kaye's original post on 'X" (Twitter). What exactly HE knows is up for discussion.  Panthers OG, Darin Gantt, said "4 week minimum" on the Panthers website. I have to believe the Panthers at this point. Of course, there could be some "misdirection" going on here.....
Firstchance

716 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-13-2023, 08:14 PM -
Looks like it is a bicep. Research shows 3-6 depending on severity. So maybe back by the conference championship. Don’t think so. Get well and right, see you next year.

This is a shame our online played as well as I have seen in years…a high school qb could have been more accurate than Bryce was with all the time he had, heck he rolled out the pick 3 times when he didn’t need to. Very concerned about our high price we paid first round pick. But no ready to throw the baby out with the bath water. But if guys recall Bryce was not I my top ten and predicted someone would draft him and he would be a flop…just didn’t know at that time it would be us. And I really hope I am wrong but I just have not see the NFL qb in college or since he has arrived here.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-14-2023, 12:11 AM -
YEP....Does not sound good.

Nothing "official" of course at this time, but the word on the street is a "bicep" injury as First said.. No details yet. No info on severity. But as we all know, 'soft tissue' injuries like this can be very problematic. Without knowing more about specific tissue damage, let's use First's info and just say it'll be a "long time" and possibly next year.

SMH.... Troubles just keep on coming.

Sick Depressed
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-14-2023, 11:32 AM -
You already know what I have to say.

“Blah blah blah….. Carolina Wet Paper Bags….. blah blah blah, DJax sucks…. Blah blah blah”
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-14-2023, 01:31 PM -
(09-14-2023, 11:32 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: You already know what I have to say.
“Blah blah blah….. Carolina Wet Paper Bags….. blah blah blah, DJax sucks…. Blah blah blah”

?????  Huh. ??? Ahhh...uhh, no.

I'm slipping. I don't get it. ***Sigh*** That's what happens when you get old -- SMH.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47k1c7gzh6kcpt8u0q0b...y.gif&ct=g]
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-14-2023, 08:58 PM -
(09-14-2023, 01:31 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 11:32 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: You already know what I have to say.

?????  Huh. ??? Ahhh...uhh, no.

I'm slipping. I don't get it. ***Sigh*** That's what happens when you get old -- SMH.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47k1c7gzh6kcpt8u0q0b...y.gif&ct=g]

I’m saying this is what I’ve been saying this season, we are going to have more injuries, because we sign injury prone players.  I.E. a wet paper bag not being able to handle anything. 

And I’m not a fan of Donte Jackson who gets “hurt” when he gets burned. I think it’s because he likes to talk crap(which I have no problem with) but doesn’t back it up.  He’s unreliable.  He says he’s fast, he’s elite yaaaada yaaada yaada.  But when he gets burned he grabs his ailment flavor of the week and is “day to day” in practice.  Therefore I say he’s not worth it.  Problem is, who else we got?
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-14-2023, 09:53 PM -
Ahh, gotcha…
Well, I don’t think Christensen is injury prone. First injury as far as I know. I’ve had a severe tear in my bicep. Not fun. And no indication that Corbett was either. 
DJax is sorta strange. He IS fast and he can go vertical. He can jump out of the stadium. I’m not sure about his little ‘nicks’ and ‘bumps’. I’ve never given thought to it. But a severed Achilles is not faked. I’ll take your word on the little convenience “nicks”. Like I said, I’ve never considered the situational aspects.

As far as “who else we got” —— well, we have a total of 16 DBs under contract (including PS). So, have to assume we have “someone”..????
Smile