Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-20-2023, 01:33 AM -
For all of you who watched the game. What are your thoughts.??  Unfortunately, I missed all of the visual activity. Had to settle for the aural spectrum.

My thoughts— 1).. Luke Kuechly is easy to listen to. He KNOWS the situations, players alignments, play calls, everything. Impressive.!!  2).. Game was NOT close—not really. We were soundly beaten.  3).. Taysom Hill — WTH??  That guy can play every position. He played QB; RB; WR; TE.  Never seen anything like that. SMH…. 4).. Our Defense was solid (mostly), but had nothing for Taysom Hill.  5).. O-line was mostly solid.  6).. Pineiro is really accurate. Wish he had ‘more’ leg. Another 5-10 yds could make all the difference. 7).. Right now, I see the SAINTS winning the division. Of course, haven’t seen TB yet, but…..

That’s it. Pretty lackluster performance.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-20-2023, 02:25 PM -
Silence is golden, right.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-20-2023, 04:48 PM -
I loved what I saw on D. Luvu popped as normal. Cj played well, even on that deep throw to Olave, he was in position with an arm pinned. Just a great catch, imho. Kamu played ball as well. Just can’t keep it up with a lackluster O
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-20-2023, 07:11 PM -
(09-20-2023, 04:48 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I loved what I saw on D.  Luvu popped as normal.  Cj played well, even on that deep throw to Olave, he was in position with an arm pinned.  Just a great catch, imho.  Kamu played ball as well.  Just can’t keep it up with a lackluster O

Yeah… “O” is definitely a problem. Good personnel overall, but not meshing. Young is really green. He’s bathing in all the glory. He’s drinking the Kool-Aid. He’s believing all the hype. I’m really tired of hearing about what he did at Alabama. I’m tired of hearing about how ‘smart’ he is; how he’s such a good (fast) ‘processor’; how accurate he is; great arm; quick release…. etc., etc., etc.  Its time to stop talking about this kid. It’s time for him to start “doing”.
This is the NFL, Bryce. No room here for platitudes. “When the tailgate drops, the bullshit stops.”

Quote:Those who “can”, — DO; Those who “can’t”, — Talk about it

ENOUGH SAID. Time to produce. “Lead; Follow; Or get out of the way.”
This post was last modified: 09-20-2023, 07:15 PM by Hobbit99.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-20-2023, 11:13 PM -
I agree, for all the guys. Not good enough.

I do think it’ll get better.
This post was last modified: 09-20-2023, 11:21 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-21-2023, 10:14 AM -
(09-20-2023, 11:13 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I agree, for all the guys.  Not good enough.

I do think it’ll get better.

I think you're right--up to a point. Yes, we'll get better. Almost have to. Couldn't be much worse. So yes, we'll get better....... Every team starts off the season not REALLY knowing just how their season will go. There are always questions to be answered for every team. As the questions resolve, the play on the field gets better.  So, that's a good thing -- that we WILL get better.  However, there is always a caveat.....

As we get better, so does every other team. So what changes..??? We stay in the same relative position as compared to the rest of the league.  Unless the Panthers make a dramatic JUMP, we will play through the season and end up about where we started. Unless we have a meteoric rise in skill position play, and similar improvement in coaching, play calling, and team play ("O", "D", and "ST"...), well .... nothing really changes.  I expect the Panthers to end the season about where they started (overall). Somewhere in the bottom half of the rankings as determined by W-L record. I think that will be somewhere around # 22-27 -- somewhere in there.

Don't misunderstand.... We have the talent to make a run. But injuries, and mistakes by rookies (and YOUNG players), and coaching decisions make me wonder WTH is going on. Huh   What is going to happen next.??  ¿Quien sabe? (Who knows).
This post was last modified: 09-21-2023, 01:17 PM by Hobbit99.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-21-2023, 11:43 AM -
YOUNG players… nice one.