Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

18 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-07-2023, 12:46 AM -
We are now 1/4 of the way through the season (...meh.. More or Less..) and the Panthers are sitting at 0-4 (TRUTH), I thought this would be a good time to do another "prediction" thread.  So, lets concentrate on the schedule, four games at a time -- 1/4 season blocks. With the first 1/4 in the books, that leaves 3/4 left to play. We'll look at four games starting this week, then follow that with four more starting in Week 10, and ending with the final five games starting in Week 14.  So... Currently the Panthers are 1/4 of the way through --- W-L RECORD = 0-4

PREDICTION:

Week 5: AT - Detroit LIONS --- LOSS -- (0-5) 

Week 6: AT - Miami DOLPHINS --- LOSS -- (0-6)

Week 7:  BYE

Week 8: HOME - Houston TEXANS --- LOSS -- (0-7)

Week 9: HOME - Indianapolis COLTS --- LOSS -- (0-8)

You would think that the Panthers would be able to pull out at least ONE win in this stretch of games.  The LIONS will be a formidable opponent up in Detroit AND the Dolphins will be REALLY tough in Miami. I don't think either one of those games are winnable. Two teams with high-octane offenses will be hard to beat on the road. That leaves only two possibilities. The Texans have the #2 rookie QB (CJ Stroud) who is playing like the #! he should have been. The Panthers COULD win this game, but I don't think it will happen. The Colts have the #3 rookie QB (Anthony Richardson) who is looking more and more like a more athletic Cam Newton. IF the Panthers can take advantage of somewhat suspect throwing accuracy, they COULD win this game also. Sadly, I think the Texans and the Colts continue to improve and the Panthers, although improving in small bits and pieces, will not take advantage of these home games.

Lots of things can impact these games. Notably, injuries, contract disputes, returning players and ..... 'other things'. Have to wait and see.

The Panthers close out the halfway point of the season with an UN-surprising 0-8 record.

AFTER these games are complete we will look at the next four..!!
This post was last modified: 12-04-2023, 04:59 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Firstchance

716 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-07-2023, 11:15 AM -
Another reasoned response!
Those first two games could be trap game, who knows how “comfortable” they will prepare and how will they show up game day. The last two, well once again I believe if Dalton is behind center there is a greater opportunity for victory.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-07-2023, 02:47 PM -
(10-07-2023, 11:15 AM)Firstchance Wrote: Another reasoned response!
Those first two games could be trap game, who knows how “comfortable” they will prepare and how will they show up game day. The last two, well once again I believe if Dalton is behind center there is a greater opportunity for victory.

Yep.... anything could happen. I EXPECT both of these teams to come out guns blazing on their home fields.  ALTHOUGH, I will admit the Dolphins have been a little hot and cold. They're 3-1, but the scores tell a bit of a story. They beat the Pats by 7 but only score 24 pts. Then they put up 36 against the Chargers but only win by 2.!! Then all h*ll breaks loose and they drop 70 against Denver. Then lose to the Bills in their worst offensive showing of the year so far scoring only 20. It's hard to figure what we'll see, but on their field I don't think it matters too much. Too much offensive power for us.

The Lions are a NOISY place to play. Not as bad as Seattle, but NOISY. They lost a 'close' one against the Seahawks (37-31) then held the Chiefs and the Packers to 20 and the Falcons to 6, winning all three. Scoring 106 points in four games.  I just can't see us winning up in Detroit against that offense.

If I had to pick one game the Panthers might win, it would be the Colts game. Although truthfully, I think Richardson is going to punish us on the ground.

OH... And you're right about Dalton too. If he were playing, I think we could win two or three of these games..... Seriously.
This post was last modified: 10-07-2023, 02:56 PM by Hobbit99.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-07-2023, 03:34 PM -
Daultons a proven starter, of that there is no doubt.

Why he’s one of, if not the best, b/u’s in the league. He also signed on for that role.
This post was last modified: 10-07-2023, 03:36 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-07-2023, 05:19 PM -
(10-07-2023, 03:34 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Daultons a proven starter, of that there is no doubt.

Why he’s one of, if not the best, b/u’s in the league.  He also signed on for that role.

YES... You are correct. Dalton DID understand his expected role here.  But that does NOT speak to what bothers me.  Let me get this out in the open. I am going to tell everyone here what I think ... and why. Then I'll not speak of it again unless someone else brings it up.

Here are my thoughts. When the Panthers hired Reich as HC, everyone thought it was a great hire. And a lot of folks still do. I admit I was part of the Reich fan club. Still am, really.... Here is the problem though. Reich never says what he thinks. He says what other folks want him to say. You never know what the man is really thinking because he hides behind politically correct talk. He wants you to think that he's AWARE. He wants you to think that he's working on solutions for problems, when in reality he's just pandering to the front office, the media, and the fans.

I am tired of hearing about "the process". I am SO tired of hearing about "putting the players in a position to succeed". And finally..... I never want to hear "the greatest lie" EVER again.!!  Reich's biggest, greatest lie is ... "We're going to play the guys who give us the best chance to win."

So, you see, I DON'T CARE if Dalton "signed on as a backup".  Reich promised us that he was going to "play the guys who give us the best chance to win."  He is NOT doing that. He has no moral compass when it comes to the truth.  Bryce Young was supposed to be a "consensus pick." Frank Reich is choosing to play Young even though he knows Young is NOT "...the best chance to win."  The only reason Young is playing is because Reich has SO MUCH skin in that game he can't afford NOT to play him. The fans would 'draw and quarter' him; ROAST him alive. He has so much wrapped up in that draft pick, he HAS to play him, even if he is NOT "...the best chance to win."  You can't pay out Millions and trade multiple #1 picks and other high picks, AND trade a #1 position player and then talk and spew lies about how GREAT this guy is, ... and then NOT play him.!!  At some point you have to back up the talk with action. So yes, Young is going to play. But let there be no doubt --- Young is playing just to cover Reich's ass. It's strictly a CYA thing. It most definitely is NOT because he's "the best chance to win."  THAT ship has sailed....
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

11-07-2023, 05:48 PM -
WE ARE NOW IN WEEK 10 --- SO IT'S TIME FOR THE NEXT 1/4 SEASON PICKS (4 GAMES..).

Going back through the last set of picks, I am now 7-1. I had decided that the Panthers would be 0-8 at this point, but they surprised me and beat the Texans. So instead of 0-8 they are 1-7 and my record took the hit.  So let's look at the next four games in order...

PREDICTION:

Week 10:  AT - Chicago BEARS --- LOSS -- (1-8)

Week 11:  HOME - Dallas COWBOYS --- LOSS -- (1-9)

Week 12:  AT - Tennessee TITANS --- LOSS -- (1-10)

Week 13:  AT - Tampa Bay BUCS --- LOSS -- (1-11)

These are tough games to pick. Most decidedly because I have to put aside my 'anti'-performance bias against the Panthers. In any event, I'll stand on these picks and tell you why.  At first glance, ANY team ought to be able to win one out of any four games. So, there should be at least ONE winner in there.  The Bears are looking like the most probable win for the Panthers. They are 2-7 right now and their 'Bye' is in Wk. 13, so they're getting a little tired. Still, all teams play better at home, Soldier Field is an "open-air" stadium, and the weather will most likely be cold. Justin Fields will probably play. In addition, add in our TERRIBLE injury situation AND a TNF game (VERY SHORT week..). So, I think this game slips away from us.

The Cowboys game is HOME at BofA. So there's that. But everything else is against us. Between Dak Prescott, Trey Lance, and Cooper Rush, the Cowboys have the QB position WELL covered. Add to that the likes of Tony Pollard, CeeDee Lamb, Brandin Cooks as well as Micah Parsons, Stephon Gilmore, Trevon Diggs and DeMarkus Lawrence on Defense... __ well, I fear BofA will once again be a mostly quiet venue.

The Titans are a ??  They are 3-5 with wins over the Bengals, Falcons, and Chargers... not exactly push-overs. They have announced that Will Levis is their starter going forward. He has a cannon for an arm, although was a little wild in the beginning. They've beat good teams and lost close games to others. A lot of games opponents scored in the LOW 20s or Teens. So, a pretty solid defense too. Because this game is at Tennessee, I think the Titans win this one, although it will probably be close and could go either way.

The Bucs game is at Tampa Bay. While I don't think the Bucs are anything special, they will be tough at home. Division games are notoriously difficult to pick. Anything CAN and probably WILL happen. They are 3-5 and they've beaten the Vikings, Bears, and Saints. In their first seven games, no team scored more than 25 against them. Five teams scored 20 or less. Then they lost a 'shootout' to Houston 39-37.  If this game was at BofA I might give the Panthers an even chance (maybe..). But in Tampa, I just don't see it.

So.... Conclusion:  There are three games here the Panthers could win. The Bears, the Bucs, and the Titans. All three of them are road games. Depending on how they fall, if one of these teams underestimate us we could pick up a win in here...... BUT, I don't think it's going to happen.

OKAY..... Your turn.!!
This post was last modified: 11-07-2023, 05:51 PM by Hobbit99.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-07-2023, 08:42 PM -
I honestly don’t think we win another game this season.
Firstchance

11-08-2023, 12:16 PM -
I can actually see another victory maybe two. If we deflate the ball and play spotless. Even more if Dalton was behind center.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

11-08-2023, 03:05 PM -
(11-08-2023, 12:16 PM)Firstchance Wrote: I can actually see another victory maybe two. If we deflate the ball and play spotless. Even more if Dalton was behind center.

OK... But WHERE First..??  In these next four games.??  Or later in the last five.??
Huh
Firstchance

11-08-2023, 04:43 PM -
I think there is a chance this week, the Bucs and the Falcons. However, we have to really deflate the ball and run the heck out of it. Otherwise a normal game plan and we are toast. It’s fairly clear we have the worse overall team in the nfl but on any given Sunday.