OMG!!! I am STOKED! The Panthers have signed WR Pharoh Cooper!
Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

0 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-21-2020, 08:55 AM -
I LOVED him at South Carolina!  He was a stud wide receiver and I had always hoped we could have him on our team!

https://www.panthers.com/news/get-to-kno...roh-cooper

The Panthers on Friday signed wide receiver Pharoh Cooper, who spent last season with the Cardinals. In Arizona, Cooper recorded career highs in receiving, hauling in 25 receptions for 243 yards and one touchdown.

Before Cooper gets started with the Panthers, get to know the team's newest wide receiver and returner:

[b]A Carolina boy[/b]

For Cooper, signing with the Panthers means coming home.

Cooper grew up in Eastern North Carolina and attended Havelock High School, before eventually heading across the border to play his college ball at South Carolina. Now Cooper gets to fully embrace the Panthers' motto of "Two States, One Team," and represent both of his football homes.

[b]Taking it all the way[/b]

Cooper may be listed as a wide receiver, but he's proven himself to be most dangerous when he's returning kicks. During the 2017 season with the Rams, Cooper earned All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors in just his second year in the league. That's what happens when you take a kickoff 103 yards to the house and lead the league in combined kickoff and punt return yardage.
Since then, Cooper has been electric to watch on return plays, and last year provided sure hands for the Cardinals' return units.

[b]The story behind the name[/b]

Pharoh isn't exactly a common name, but it's definitely a cool one. Yet the story behind Cooper's first name is fairly simple.

After Cooper's mother named her first child, it was his father's turn when the second came around. So dad settled on Pharoh. Why? Because it's a powerful name.

Since then, Cooper has fully embraced the title, donning a tattoo of the Egyptian ruler King Tut on his right calf and sporting a golden King Tut chain. Plus, his Twitter handle combines his Egyptian-inspired name with his passion for football: @KingTutt_chdown.
This post was last modified: 03-21-2020, 09:01 AM by PantherFan007.