Started by BlackCatzFan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10 posts in this topic
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-10-2023, 12:13 PM -
https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nf...-reich-nfl

There’s a clip there talking about how Tepper is “always engaging”. Dude needs to quit.  He knows business, not football.  Typical rich guy who thinks his way is the only way to be successful.  I wasn’t even high in him purchasing the team, and haven’t been a fan of him yet.  Plus the rock hill blundering.  Rich yankee bully, that’s all.

Note: I don’t agree with full article in its entirety just a good amount of the overall view
This post was last modified: 10-10-2023, 12:16 PM by BlackCatzFan.
Firstchance

716 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-10-2023, 02:00 PM -
Just for clarity. I was not the one who wrote that article! But I damn sure could have.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-10-2023, 07:01 PM -
U funny First! Good read BCF
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-13-2023, 11:28 AM -
I saw the interview with Coach Reich when he mentioned having weekly meetings with Tepper that are "anything but fun", and he states that Tepper makes him challenge himself. What I heard him saying was, "I wish that guy would STFU and stay out of football business".

Look, I understand that Tepper is a self-made Billionaire, but just because I am a Senior Engineer, it doesn't give me the right to tell Nascar drivers how to drive.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-13-2023, 05:41 PM -
(10-13-2023, 11:28 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: I saw the interview with Coach Reich when he mentioned having weekly meetings with Tepper that are "anything but fun", and he states that Tepper makes him challenge himself.  What I heard him saying was, "I wish that guy would STFU and stay out of football business".

Look, I understand that Tepper is a self-made Billionaire, but just because I am a Senior Engineer, it doesn't give me the right to tell Nascar drivers how to drive.

Hmm .... Apples ---> Oranges ....... Oranges ---> Apples

"...Senior Engineer ...right to tell ...drivers ...how to drive" -------   IMHO there is no exact correlation here.

If, for example, you were the owner of a Nascar team ..... You probably shouldn't tell an experienced driver HOW to 'Draft', handle 'oversteer', or hold on to a car that's 'pushing' hard.  BUT OTOH, You ABSOLUTELY WOULD have the right to tell any of your drivers to shape up. You would also have the absolute right to fire any employee who was not performing up to standards.

Right..????
This post was last modified: 10-13-2023, 05:53 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
10-14-2023, 03:07 PM -
I was not a fan of Tepper in the 1st place. A lot of people seemed to like the brass balls thing. To me it smacked of arrogance, ego, bullying, and misogyny. He wanted to be a member of the rich boys club and the team was his trophy. I wanted the guy from SC who was a panther fan...that was his motivation. NFL just wanted Tepper's money in the club and the Panthers have been the worse for it.

Can a guy with his ego change? Not likely. But all we have now is hope.
Firstchance

10-15-2023, 07:19 AM -
I’m sure we all have differing opinions, to some degree.
Personally, Tepper bought them team and can frankly do anything he wants, I can respect that.
However, I can see, sense, feel that he is hands on involved, even controlling.
With that, this team and franchise under his ownership will never to competitive much less successful..
My wish, is that he would be one of those owners who are for the most part hands off, limiting their activities to the large decisions and not the day to day operations. However, his money and he can do what he wants…He needs to allow football people to do football business, simple but true… again, in my opinion.

I believe we have Bryce Young as he was viewed by Tepper in being the next Tesla stock. Again, I respect his right. However, not all of Tepper’s stocks succeed ( but a Tepper clients pays win or lose, NFL doesn’t work that way). Bryce is like an IPO bust, so hyped by the “media” to maybe make money the first day, then it’s down 10% followed by another 10% and continuing until it down to 80% to its real value. ( see RIVN stock ).

Anyways, not trying to persuade anyone, it’s just my opinion. Been a Panthers fan before there was actually a team. As PSL owner from day one, grown to multiple times…one of my best “investments” was to actually sell them all!!! I want this team to do well, to be competitive week in week out. However, I feel we are the new improved Browns of old and Tepper has done so much damage already that if he actually would step back, allow people to do football who actually do football, that we are a minimum of 5 years out from that goal…unfortunately it will only get worse.

Now go Panthers, keep pounding (and may the tom cats improve their performance.)
This post was last modified: 10-15-2023, 07:28 AM by Firstchance.
PantherFan007
Administrator

10-15-2023, 07:27 AM -
(10-14-2023, 03:07 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: I was not a fan of Tepper in the 1st place.  A lot of people seemed to like the brass balls thing.  To me it smacked of arrogance, ego, bullying, and misogyny. He wanted to be a member of the rich boys club and the team was his trophy.  I wanted the guy from SC who was a panther fan...that was his motivation. NFL just wanted Tepper's money in the club and the Panthers have been the worse for it.

Can a guy with his ego change?  Not likely. But all we have now is hope.

My sentiments exactly. 

And now Tepper finds himself in a position where he can't "bully his way" to riches, and I have a bad feeling that we are going to have a lot of staff turnover, possibly even Frank Reich and company sooner rather than later.
Firstchance

10-15-2023, 07:35 AM -
Reich has received a bit of criticism recently here. However, both as a player and as a coach before coming here, he has won more games than he has lost. Maybe just maybe in his criticism of play calling, it may be that he is just having to work within the means he has. Not trying to defend him but he is a proven commodity, even proven can go wrong but what if it is personnel and their limitations? Of course it could also be that he has just forgotten everything he has experienced over the years and he is relearning the game and skill of football.
PantherFan007
Administrator

10-18-2023, 03:41 AM -
LIke Mike Tyson said, "Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face".  I'm sure Reich (and all) thought they had the early-up on coming in here and taking the NFL by storm.  But, unfortunately, that simply didn't happen.  Watching his pressers lately, even he is a bit punch-drunk at the moment.  I feel bad for him, but it's just been a bad set of circumstances all the way around.

"Nothing Ever Goes as Planned, it's One Helluva Notion" - Styx.
This post was last modified: 10-18-2023, 03:46 AM by PantherFan007.