Wilks......
Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

451 posts 71 threads Joined: Oct 2023
10-25-2023, 09:32 AM -
....who many wanted here as the HC (he was a very good temporary anti-Rhule) is coming under a lot of fire in San Fran. His defense is badly underperforming.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,698 posts 497 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-25-2023, 11:22 AM -
(10-25-2023, 09:32 AM)Ladypanther Wrote: ....who many wanted here as the HC (he was a very good temporary anti-Rhule) is coming under a lot of fire in San Fran. His defense is badly underperforming.

Interesting...

Wilks is a "Defensive Style" of coach. Of that there is no doubt. But I am not certain where in the hierarchy of a coaching staff he belongs. He definitely was a players favorite and to some extent a "fan favorite" as well. That may have had more to do with who he replaced than his actual pedigree for the job. I think most of his "likability" was due to a small run of wins (6-6) when the "out-of-favor" HC had a 1-4 start to the season. In no team franchise anywhere in the NFL is a 6-6 record something to be proud of, yet Wilks accepted the adulation as his due and acted out a little when he didn't get the nod as the new HC.

I would contend that Wilks is more of a "consensus builder" or "collaborator" than he is a true leader. Although I have no first-hand knowledge of the man, so I could be WAY off-base here.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"