Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

452 posts 71 threads Joined: Oct 2023
11-19-2023, 06:03 PM -
Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter Passes Away at Age 96

ATLANTA (Nov. 19, 2023) — Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter, a passionate champion of mental health, caregiving, and women’s rights, passed away Sunday, Nov. 19, at 2:10 p.m. at her home in Plains, Georgia, at the age of 96. She died peacefully, with family by her side.

Mrs. Carter was married for 77 years to Jimmy Carter, the 39th president of the United States and the 2002 Nobel Peace Prize recipient, who is now 99 years old.

“Rosalynn was my equal partner in everything I ever accomplished,” President Carter said. “She gave me wise guidance and encouragement when I needed it. As long as Rosalynn was in the world, I always knew somebody loved and supported me.”

She is survived by her children — Jack, Chip, Jeff, and Amy — and 11 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren. A grandson died in 2015.

“Besides being a loving mother and extraordinary First Lady, my mother was a great humanitarian in her own right,” said Chip Carter. “Her life of service and compassion was an example for all Americans. She will be sorely missed not only by our family but by the many people who have better mental health care and access to resources for caregiving today.”

https://www.cartercenter.org/news/pr/202...11923.html

Politics aside....Rosalynn and Jimmy may have been the best people...genuine humanitarians, to ever occupy the White House.  What they did post White House is unequaled. They dedicated their life, their time, their labor to help those who needed a helping hand. We need more people in the world like her. She used her celebrity for good...gave of herself for those less fortunate. We should all be inspired by her example and saddened by her loss.

[Image: jimmy-carter-rosalynn-building-cwp_0.jpg]
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,158 posts 61 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-19-2023, 06:50 PM -
Great read, great article, great lady.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,698 posts 497 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-19-2023, 09:48 PM -
The Carter presidency took place at a sort of strange time in American history. He was loved by some folks and reviled by some. But the truth is, his presidency was fine. It was OK. He was well liked, especially in the south, but less so in "middle America". It may be difficult to understand, but his presidency languished because it was a calm time (relatively speaking). There was little in the way of strife and there was little to do on the international scene. He suffered from lower ratings largely because he was relatively invisible.

After he left office (only one term..), his visibility increased and he was rated a lot higher due to his and Rosalynn's efforts on the social scene. Rosalynn stood behind President Carter without flinching. She supported him unequivocally. They were 'good people'. It's a sad time when a nation loses an historical figure. Rosalynn was such a person. Quiet, unassuming, but strong of spirit. Women of today have a lot to be thankful for. And part of that thankfulness is a debt due to Rosalynn Carter.

Rest In Peace, Rosalynn. Your family loves you and misses you. America will mourn with them.
This post was last modified: 11-20-2023, 04:27 AM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

452 posts 71 threads Joined: Oct 2023
11-19-2023, 10:29 PM -
Well said Hob.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,099 posts 690 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-20-2023, 06:10 AM -
(11-19-2023, 09:48 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: The Carter presidency took place at a sort of strange time in American history. He was loved by some folks and reviled by some. But the truth is, his presidency was fine. It was OK. He was well liked, especially in the south, but less so in "middle America". It may be difficult to understand, but his presidency languished because it was a calm time (relatively speaking). There was little in the way of strife and there was little to do on the international scene. He suffered from lower ratings largely because he was relatively invisible.

After he left office (only one term..), his visibility increased and he was rated a lot higher due to his and Rosalynn's efforts on the social scene. Rosalynn stood behind President Carter without flinching. She supported him unequivocally. They were 'good people'. It's a sad time when a nation loses an historical figure. Rosalynn was such a person. Quiet, unassuming, but strong of spirit. Women of today have a lot to be thankful for. And part of that thankfulness is a debt due to Rosalynn Carter.

Rest In Peace, Rosalynn. Your family loves you and misses you. America will mourn with them.

Amen!