Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

14 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-13-2023, 06:19 PM -
I just heard on WBTV that the Carolina Panthers tickets have dropped to a record low price.  There are still tickets available to this weekend's game for as low as $9.00.  

That's NINE BIG OLE GEORGE WASHINGTONS.  That's less than they charge for a beer, folks. lol

True story!

Worship Rolleyes Blush
This post was last modified: 12-13-2023, 06:20 PM by PantherFan007.
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
12-13-2023, 07:48 PM -
(12-13-2023, 06:19 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: I just heard on WBTV that the Carolina Panthers tickets have dropped to a record low price.  There are still tickets available to this weekend's game for as low as $9.00.  

That's NINE BIG OLE GEORGE WASHINGTONS.  That's less than they charge for a beer, folks. lol

True story!

Worship Rolleyes Blush

This team will not get any better until Tepper hits rock bottom.  Something like this shoud do it but it seems that Tepper has a big tolerance for embarrassment and a huge denial system.  I think the everyone else is at rock bottom but Tepper is a different [insanely rich] dude.  Thanks NFL...you wanted his money and how has that turned out?

And yes, that is cheaper than beer.  If it was not so sad it would be funny.
PantherFan007
Administrator

12-14-2023, 05:18 PM -
(12-13-2023, 07:48 PM)Ladypanther Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 06:19 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: I just heard on WBTV that the Carolina Panthers tickets have dropped to a record low price.  There are still tickets available to this weekend's game for as low as $9.00.  

True story!

Worship Rolleyes Blush

This team will not get any better until Tepper hits rock bottom.  Something like this shoud do it but it seems that Tepper has a big tolerance for embarrassment and a huge denial system.  I think the everyone else is at rock bottom but Tepper is a different [insanely rich] dude.  Thanks NFL...you wanted his money and how has that turned out?

Maybe he's doing it on purpose.  Maybe.... just maybe... Tepper wants to move the team to a bigger city to make more money, and thinks he has to cleave the fanbase away from the team so that he doesn't get much resistance.  Just food for thought  Dodgy
Ladypanther

12-14-2023, 08:55 PM -
(12-14-2023, 05:18 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 07:48 PM)Ladypanther Wrote:

True story!

Worship Rolleyes Blush

Maybe he's doing it on purpose.  Maybe.... just maybe... Tepper wants to move the team to a bigger city to make more money, and thinks he has to cleave the fanbase away from the team so that he doesn't get much resistance.  Just food for thought  Dodgy

Doubt a move would happen because:

1) Who wants this shitty team with an owner who is the joke of the FL

2)Doubt the NFL would approve it because.  It iis obvious the problem is not he fans.

I don't think he is doing it on purpose.  I think he is incompetent.
Firstchance

716 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-15-2023, 03:09 PM -
Tepper has already sold them and at full price. This is simply no more than the fans trying to resale and cut their losses. Most of next year tickets will be sold early as well, unless someone gives their psl back and then Tepper will simply sell it again. PSL locked in this team from day one… never goes away.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-15-2023, 11:21 PM -
(12-15-2023, 03:09 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Tepper has already sold them and at full price. This is simply no more than the fans trying to resale and cut their losses. Most of next year tickets will be sold early as well, unless someone gives their psl back and then Tepper will simply sell it again. PSL locked in this team from day one… never goes away.

Hey FIRST.!!  You disappeared for awhile.! Glad you're back...

PSLs --- Every team does "season tickets" of some sort. Nothing strange about that. But, make no mistake, PSLs mean little, really. Truth is, every fan who goes to a game  PAYS for the ticket. If the fans decide that the team isn't worth watching, or there is TOO much drama, then the tickets don't sell. Owning the PSL means little. It's just a guarantee, a "license to buy". If the fans are TOO unhappy, they won't buy tickets and they won't buy PSLs either.!! Sure, PSLs represent "sold tickets" over a season. But, unhappy fans mean the PSLs themselves won't sell.

(ASK ME how I know...).

You're right about the absurdly low ticket prices.  THAT is simply fans reselling tickets already purchased (probably). The prices are simply a way to show a ticket owner's displeasure and frustration.  I can't believe those $9.00 tickets are normal "gameday" unsold tickets....

I went to the TicketMaster site to look at the Sunday game with the Falcons..... There are a LOT of tickets available for "RESALE". LOTS of "red" seats. There are always quite a few before a game, but not this many...
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

12-16-2023, 08:46 AM -
The stadium attendance should be an enormous embarrassment to Tepper.  However, It seems there is supposed to be terrible weather.  I am sure he will use that as an excuse. But, if he remembers his Steeler days.  Fans some out in any kind of weather unless the owner has ruined the team.

I sat through the last monsoon game. Stadium was full. Fans were very enthusiastic.  As I remember, during one of those monsoon games, we were playing NO for the South title.  NO has Brees, Panthers has Stew and DWill.  Early in the 3rd qtr when the sky broke loose that fans sheered.  Running trumps passing in that kind of weather.  Panthers won that game IIRC.

With the PSL's the team can announce a sellout at every game. Just wondering, now that the stadium is actually half empty (or worse), do they still announce that?
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-16-2023, 09:05 AM -
(12-16-2023, 08:46 AM)Ladypanther Wrote: The stadium attendance should be an enormous embarrassment to Tepper.  However, It seems there is supposed to be terrible weather.  I am sure he will use that as an excuse. But, if he remembers his Steeler days.  Fans some out in any kind of weather unless the owner has ruined the team.

I sat through the last monsoon game. Stadium was full. Fans were very enthusiastic.  As I remember, during one of those monsoon games, we were playing NO for the South title.  NO has Brees, Panthers has Stew and DWill.  Early in the 3rd qtr when the sky broke loose that fans sheered.  Running trumps passing in that kind of weather.  Panthers won that game IIRC.

With the PSL's the team can announce a sellout at every game. Just wondering, now that the stadium is actually half empty (or worse), do they still announce that?

In 2014 007 and I were at that on.  Man we had a great time.
This post was last modified: 12-16-2023, 09:06 AM by BlackCatzFan.
Ladypanther

12-16-2023, 10:51 AM -
[quote pid="6612" dateline="1702735502"]

In 2014 007 and I were at that on.  Man we had a great time.
[/quote]
Me too.
PantherFan007
Administrator

12-17-2023, 06:55 PM -
An hour before the game, tickets were going for as low as .49 cents per ticket. True story. :(