Almost Christmas, Green Bay week, random thoughts
Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

17 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
12-20-2023, 10:03 AM -
Quiet here so I thought I would start a thread.  Everyone's probably busy this week...some of you may be preparing to travel.  For those who are traveling-hope  the journey is easy and safe. My family lives in other states now and I am just going to stay put and enjoy a little extra time off.

Can't believe it is Dec 20 already.  After tomorrow the days start getting longer.  I am looking forward to that.

I now have renewed optimism about the Panthers:

-Tabor seemed to know what he was doing Sunday.  He had a plan for managing the game in very challenging weather.  He told Chuba not to score at the end.  He wanted to run the clock down and he had faith in Eddie.  The result is the AJC is full of stories about the Falcons losing to the worst team in the NFL and calling for the end of the Arthur Smith era in Atlanta.  Also, the Panthers now avoid the 1 win season.  Seifert is the sole owner of that record.  Next up is breaking Foxy's 2 win season. We can do this.

-Thomas Brown seeming to be feeling his way as a play caller.  He nailed that final drive and has his players executing.  Somehow he had the oline playing better.

-Bryce looked like an NFL QB on that last drive.  His teammates also upped their game.  Want to see more of that.

-Evero has that D playing well especially considering all the injuries.  Hope we can keep him.

-Green Bay comes in looking like they peaked too early and now questioning themselves after 2 bad losses.  Their D has some problems and there are calls for the DC's head.

-Loved the all black uni's and the black helmets.  Team looked bad ass. I want to see a lot more of that combo.

So.....I am thinking the Panthers have a chance against the Pack. Would love to see Bryce have his best game and get some positive press.

My family is having some excitement this week.  My nephew who lives in KY (as does my sister and her husband) is having a baby...their 1st......looks like day after tomorrow.  Little Hudson is already 8lbs 9oz as of Monday's check so I am thinking maybe future TE or LB.  There is nothing that basketball fans in KY hate more than Duke.  So I could not resist.  I sent Hudson a pair of Duke booties/slippers. My brother-in-law is still upset about that infamous Duke/UK game that Duke won with Laettner's last sec heroics.   lol

Hope everyone is having a good week.  MERRY CHRISTMAS  and GO PANTHERS!
This post was last modified: 12-20-2023, 06:19 PM by Ladypanther. Edit Reason: typo
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-20-2023, 12:33 PM -
LP… This is a wonderful idea. Thank you so much for doing this. I really appreciate your contributions to the forum. It's great having another opinion around here to keep us thinking. 
If it’s okay with you..??? Maybe we could all share a little holiday spirit in this thread. It would add a little “something” to the season.?? I don’t want to co-opt your thread.

Anyway, thanks again. And have a wonderful, happy, and blessed holiday.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

12-20-2023, 06:23 PM -
(12-20-2023, 12:33 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: LP… This is a wonderful idea. Thank you so much for doing this. I really appreciate your contributions to the forum. It's great having another opinion around here to keep us thinking. 
If it’s okay with you..??? Maybe we could all share a little holiday spirit in this thread. It would add a little “something” to the season.?? I don’t want to co-opt your thread.

Anyway, thanks again. And have a wonderful, happy, and blessed holiday.

Thanks for the kind words Hob...and yes...it is perfectly ok with me. Hearing about holiday spirit from others would be great.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-21-2023, 01:53 AM -
I despise Christmas for what it’s become. If that offends, JMPO.

My church put on the sign, “It’s about His presence, not ure presents.” I love that. I LOVE Christmas for what it truly is. Remember the reason for the season.

I hope all of u have a blessed holiday n a wonderful new year!

^JMHO

Hope that wasn’t too dark.
This post was last modified: 12-21-2023, 02:33 AM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

12-21-2023, 01:28 PM -
(12-21-2023, 01:53 AM)Josh21 Wrote: I despise Christmas for what it’s become.  If that offends, JMPO.

My church put on the sign, “It’s about His presence, not ure presents.”  I love that.  I LOVE Christmas for what it truly is.  Remember the reason for the season. 

^JMHO

You are correct my friend. Well said.
Nothing "dark" about that.
Wink

In the spirit of the season .....  

I've mentioned it previously, 9 Chickweed Lane is one of my favorite comic strips. It's hilarious, and so well done that I always end up laughing about almost anything. One of the strong points is relevancy. Here is one of the latest seasonal series about (you guessed it..) Christmas.  It's so funny and SO on point with respect to kids.....

9 Chickweed Lane   by Brooke McEldowney

[Image: AA1lPL1I.img?w=1920&h=1080&q=60&m=2&f=jpg]

[Image: AA1lPDBJ.img?w=1920&h=1080&q=60&m=2&f=jpg]

[Image: AA1lPL1x.img?w=1920&h=1080&q=60&m=2&f=jpg]

[Image: AA1lPA4Z.img?w=1920&h=1080&q=60&m=2&f=jpg]

Tongue Thumbsup
This post was last modified: 12-21-2023, 02:04 PM by Hobbit99.
Ladypanther

12-21-2023, 06:27 PM -
(12-21-2023, 01:53 AM)Josh21 Wrote: I despise Christmas for what it’s become.  If that offends, JMPO.

My church put on the sign, “It’s about His presence, not ure presents.”  I love that.  I LOVE Christmas for what it truly is.  Remember the reason for the season. 

^JMHO

Josh I do not think that anyone should need to apologize for their beliefs.  I do feel strongly that no one should be disrespected or maligned for their belief as well. 

I also want to acknowledge that this time of year can be difficult for many people.  They have suffered a loss, have a serious illness or someone close to them does, feels alone, are economically challenged, or many other reasons.

I do wish the world was a kinder place right now and we took more time to reach out to people who are struggling and be more willing to lend a helping hand.

If anyone reading this is having a tough time...please pm me if you do not want to post about it.

My advise Josh (I know you did not ask for it) is to focus on what you can control and do good where you can. Let your faith be a comfort and inspiration.
Josh21
Posting Freak

12-21-2023, 09:11 PM -
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Lp, I aspire to do nothing less.

P.S. I’m only slightly mental. :)

Oh, good comic strip hob!
This post was last modified: 12-21-2023, 09:12 PM by Josh21.
Josh21
Posting Freak

12-22-2023, 12:24 AM -
(12-21-2023, 01:28 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:

^JMHO

Wink

I've mentioned it previously, 9 Chickweed Lane is one of my favorite comic strips. It's hilarious, and so well done that I always end up laughing about almost anything. One of the strong points is relevancy. Here is one of the latest seasonal series about (you guessed it..) Christmas.  It's so funny and SO on point with respect to kids.....

[Image: AA1lPL1I.img?w=1920&h=1080&q=60&m=2&f=jpg]

[Image: AA1lPDBJ.img?w=1920&h=1080&q=60&m=2&f=jpg]

[Image: AA1lPL1x.img?w=1920&h=1080&q=60&m=2&f=jpg]

[Image: AA1lPA4Z.img?w=1920&h=1080&q=60&m=2&f=jpg]

Tongue Thumbsup

Good stuff.  Cynicism, the gift that keeps on giving.  Hehe.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

12-22-2023, 04:28 AM -
(12-22-2023, 12:24 AM)Josh21 Wrote:

^JMHO

Wink

Tongue Thumbsup

Yes... I'm not much of a 'comics' guy, but I DO read some of them occasionally. This one is my favorite because the writer/illustrator is, without a doubt, a well-schooled individual who is not afraid to question the status quo. She (he.??) also writes at an adult level --- for those of us who enjoy classic humor, wish to be enlightened, and still want to feel like a grownup. I've been reading it, off and on, for twenty years or so.

And yes, cynicism is indeed a "gift". Done well, in a non-threatening manner, it can be hilarious as well. You just have to "get the point.".

Interestingly enough, the latest panel has another word entry for our "word" thread.  Never ceases to amaze...
Ladypanther

12-22-2023, 07:15 AM -
(12-22-2023, 04:28 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(12-22-2023, 12:24 AM)Josh21 Wrote:

^JMHO

Wink

Tongue Thumbsup

Yes... I'm not much of a 'comics' guy, but I DO read some of them occasionally. This one is my favorite because the writer/illustrator is, without a doubt, a well-schooled individual who is not afraid to question the status quo. She (he.??) also writes at an adult level --- for those of us who enjoy classic humor, wish to be enlightened, and still want to feel like a grownup. I've been reading it, off and on, for twenty years or so.

And yes, cynicism is indeed a "gift". Done well, in a non-threatening manner, it can be hilarious as well. You just have to "get the point.".

Interestingly enough, the latest panel has another word entry for our "word" thread.  Never ceases to amaze...

Never heard of that one before...where do you find it?