• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

28 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-11-2024, 06:01 AM -
Fbwow

https://sportsnaut.com/carolina-panthers...ejlxaFHP6U

Sometimes, the best way to make sure you get arguably the biggest hire of your life right, is by focusing on the top dog in the business. Who’s bigger and better than Bill Belichick?

According to Josina Anderson of CBS Sports, the Panthers “at a high level” have already made “informal inquiries” into the potential hiring of Coach Belichick this offseason.

The “at a high level” part seems to indicate this work may have been done by Tepper himself or possibly the consulting firm he’s hired. We know general manager Scott Fitterer has been relieved of his duties, so it wasn’t him.

So far, there’s been no indication either way whether Belichick will or won’t become available this offseason. Some believe Patriots owner Robert Kraft would never be able to fire arguably the greatest coach of all time after delivering six Super Bowl rings to New England. Whereas, others don’t see any way the stubborn head coach would go along with a trade to a new destination, knowing it could cost his next team valuable players or draft picks.

Either way, it appears Tepper is aiming high in his search for the next Panthers head coach, and that could be a good sign of what’s to come this offseason as he looks to get the team back on track.
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
01-11-2024, 08:36 AM -
He would be a terrible hire.  He is a paranoid  control freak who recently has made questionable decision...kind of crazy ones.  exhibit A is making Matt Patricia and  Joe Judge co OC's last year.  I suggested a competency exam when he did that!
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-11-2024, 11:34 AM -
I agree, would be freaking stupid, 10 years ago? Great hire, now? Not so much.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-11-2024, 12:09 PM -
It would be a bad day in Carolina if they hired Belichick. I can't stand him. I can't even stand looking at him
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-11-2024, 12:36 PM -
(01-11-2024, 08:36 AM)Ladypanther Wrote: He would be a terrible hire.  He is a paranoid  control freak who recently has made questionable decision...kind of crazy ones.  exhibit A is making Matt Patricia and  Joe Judge co OC's last year.  I suggested a competency exam when he did that!

(01-11-2024, 11:34 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: I agree, would be freaking stupid, 10 years ago? Great hire, now? Not so much.

Trés interessant...  In a battle of egocentric coaches, I would prefer Jim Harbaugh.

However..... JIC it hasn't been mentioned, If the Panthers "bought into" the Belichick miasma.... they probably would get by with ONE hire.  Belichick would probably want to be his own GM.....

Hmm. I wonder.....
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-11-2024, 10:56 PM -
Please no Bill, please

Harbaugh over bill, don’t see either. I’m wrong a lot. Even w/ limited predictions.

Hobbit, very interesting? That right? Didn’t look it up, love words. Origin?

Latin?
This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 11:04 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

01-12-2024, 12:53 PM -
(01-11-2024, 10:56 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Please no Bill, please

Harbaugh over bill, don’t see either.  I’m wrong a lot.  Even w/ limited predictions.

Hobbit, very interesting?  That right?  Didn’t look it up, love words.  Origin?

Latin?

I looked back at the post... I guess you're asking about "miasma" ...???  Anyway, it's a little strange I guess, although it's fairly common usage. "A poisonous influence or atmosphere. Noxious emanations. Considered to be infectious or otherwise injurious." I haven't looked up the etymology.  I'll post it in the "words" thread.

And, 'Yes'. I agree, that there is little chance for either of them. However, I won't 'rule them out' because we have seen a LOT of strange things happen around here. Either one of them would be a very powerful HC. There would be no doubt "who" was in charge. I think both of them will be HCs in the NFL next year.  Why not here..?  Why not, indeed........
Huh
The fact that Belichick operates as GM as well as HC makes it all the more interesting.  One hire. No dissension between them. Only one person to blame.... UNDERSTAND:  I am NOT advocating for Belichick. It would be a terrible idea, I think.  But Harbaugh .... that's a different matter. I think he would straighten out this mess. With the right GM he would be a "force" to be reckoned with.
This post was last modified: 01-12-2024, 01:03 PM by Hobbit99.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-12-2024, 07:29 PM -
I hate to say this, not really because it is truth.
Belichick is the exact kind of person that a Tepper needs at this point of his ownership experience. At both HC or GM… why not both.
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
01-12-2024, 07:48 PM -
(01-12-2024, 07:29 PM)Firstchance Wrote: I hate to say this, not really because it is truth.
Belichick is the exact kind of person that a Tepper needs at this point of his ownership experience. At both HC or GM… why not both.

He had Matt Patricia and Joe Douglas as co-offensive coordinators. If that does not speak to paranoia and incompetence, I do not know what does.  Can't see that there is a defense for that. BB is done.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

01-12-2024, 09:06 PM -
(01-12-2024, 07:48 PM)Ladypanther Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 07:29 PM)Firstchance Wrote: I hate to say this, not really because it is truth.

He had Matt Patricia and Joe Douglas as co-offensive coordinators. If that does not speak to paranoia and incompetence, I do not know what does.  Can't see that there is a defense for that. BB is done.

You're probably right. Belichick is NOT well liked. Respected = yes. And he's getting up there in age. He's 70+ Y.O.  He doesn't have a lot left in the tank, I wouldn't think.  Pete Carroll is much the same. 70+ and winding down...