Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-22-2024, 07:31 PM -
Worship Worship Worship

BREAKING: Panthers Hire Dan Morgan as GM (msn.com)

And apparently President of Football Operations, too!

Dan Morgan named President of Football Operations/General Manager (panthers.com)

CHARLOTTE — The Panthers are bringing a new approach to their front office, even if it has a familiar face.

The Panthers named Dan Morgan the team's President of Football Operations/General Manager on Monday, as part of a restructuring of the front office that sees the former linebacker take over the personnel operation.

By putting Morgan in this position, it allows them to tap into his football background and capitalize on his relationships with players, coaches, and agents throughout the league, with the context of the toughness he brought to the game.

While his playing credentials are pristine, he's also been a part of multiple successful scouting departments, beginning as an intern with the Seahawks in 2010 and moving up the ranks throughout their Super Bowl run and eventually becoming their director of pro personnel. He moved to Buffalo in 2018 as director of player personnel, giving him insight into multiple organizations that have built consistent winners.

With that perspective, he can build on a defense (featuring Pro Bowl defensive tackle Derrick Brown) that finished fourth in the league last season and also has 2023 No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young at quarterback.

"Dan has a thorough knowledge of our football personnel and a clear vision to take us where we all want to go," Panthers owner David Tepper said. "We know he will attack this opportunity with the same intensity he did as a Panthers player."

The team's first-round pick in 2001 out of Miami, Morgan helped form the foundation of the defense that rose quickly and had the team in its first Super Bowl two seasons later. As their middle linebacker, he was a part of a lineage at the position that has defined Panthers football for generations. From playing for Sam Mills to passing the baton to players such as Jon Beason and Luke Kuechly, that kind of leadership in the middle has defined the organization on the field.

Morgan played here for seven seasons and was known for his recognition and instincts on the field. He also showed up in the biggest moments, as evidenced by the game-record 25 tackles in Super Bowl XXXVIII.
This post was last modified: 01-22-2024, 07:37 PM by PantherFan007.
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
01-22-2024, 08:03 PM -
Great for Dan!!  I hope the best for him and of course hope he is a great success here.

Just a thought...Evero seems like a Dan type of head coach.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-22-2024, 08:13 PM -
(01-22-2024, 08:03 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: Great for Dan!!  I hope the best for him and of course hope he is a great success here.

Just a thought...Evero seems like a Dan type of head coach.

I honestly wouldn’t be mad at it.  Our team needs discipline more than anything else.  Discipline.  Penalties and bad fundamentals are in need of strong discipline.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-23-2024, 01:27 AM -
It's going to be difficult to strike a balance between discipline and an anxiety-ridden offense. But, it has to be done. I like Dan Morgan. Always have. He now has the "bona-fides" to move forward. With three different teams over the past fourteen years, it is hard to argue against his readiness. Evero might be the "ideal" type of HC candidate. It won't speak effectively to the anxieties of an Offensive mindset among the fanbase though.  Frankly, I don't care. I would MUCH rather have a firm hand in control, and I like Dan for that reason.

Thumbsup Headbang
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
01-23-2024, 08:37 AM -
Al Wallace played with Morgan on the Panthers’ defense for five years. He was there for Super Bowl XXXVIII when Morgan set an unofficial record with all those tackles. Wallace believes his former teammate has the right temperament to handle Tepper, especially in a restructured front office.

“I think Dan’s personality is built for this. If there’s a guy that is in that room that’ll step up and say, ‘This is how we’re gonna do it. You hired me for a specific reason. Let me do my job,’ I’ve seen him do that,” Wallace added. “I’ve seen him do that as a player, and I can’t imagine with the maturity and the experience now that he won’t do it in this new role.”

https://theathletic.com/5220667/2024/01/...an-morgan/
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-23-2024, 09:27 PM -
I like the move to Dan. A lil continuity. DB n Burns earned new contracts. Luvu, Chinn, YGM. List goes on, but that’s who I’d bring back. Gotta get great guys this draft.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-24-2024, 08:26 AM -
(01-23-2024, 08:37 AM)Ladypanther Wrote: Al Wallace played with Morgan on the Panthers’ defense for five years. He was there for Super Bowl XXXVIII when Morgan set an unofficial record with all those tackles. Wallace believes his former teammate has the right temperament to handle Tepper, especially in a restructured front office.

“I think Dan’s personality is built for this. If there’s a guy that is in that room that’ll step up and say, ‘This is how we’re gonna do it. You hired me for a specific reason. Let me do my job,’ I’ve seen him do that,” Wallace added. “I’ve seen him do that as a player, and I can’t imagine with the maturity and the experience now that he won’t do it in this new role.”

https://theathletic.com/5220667/2024/01/...an-morgan/

That's great stuff, and exactly what we need when dealing with Tepper's meddling.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-24-2024, 11:04 AM -
Of course I like what Al Wallace is saying but let’s be honest, right now it mean nothing, nothing whatsoever. Proof will be in the pudding. Dan is going to have to stand up and Tepper along with Nicole MUST get out.