Multiple Reports: Brad Idzik to become OC
Started by BlackCatzFan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-30-2024, 03:02 PM -
Perhaps the most talked about candidate for OC has been reported to be hired by the panthers, but Will not call plays.  Sources are from ESPN, PFF, Cat scratch reader, panthers wire, and the Charlotte Observer.  As per usual, my phone wacks out when I post links on here, so I’ll leave it up to y’all. 

I haven’t visited this site on a PC in nearly 10 years.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-30-2024, 05:55 PM -
Well, I guess we'll know more before too long...

Here are some of the links to the articles BCF mentioned.....

CSR:  Brad Idzik EXPECTED To Be OC For Panthers

PANTHERS WIRE:  Panthers Expected To Hire Brad Idzik

ESPN:  "Sources" Claim Idzik Will Be Hired By Panthers

BLEACHER REPORT:  NFL RUMORS - Idzik Expected To Be OC; Canales Will Call Plays

This seems to be a likely scenario. I expect we'll hear something from the Panthers before too long.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-31-2024, 09:18 AM -
I'm serious, we are becoming Tampa North. lol
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
01-31-2024, 10:22 AM -
Interesting resume:

The 32-year-old Idzik has a strong football lineage and an academic background suitable for a position at Appaloosa Management, Panthers owner David Tepper’s hedge fund. Idzik graduated in 2014 from Wake Forest, where he was a receiver and a mathematical business major, with a minor in global trade and commerce. Idzik also had a sabbatical term during which he studied politics and economics at Cambridge.

Idzik’s father, John, was the New York Jets general manager after spending six seasons in the front office in Seattle, a span that overlapped with Canales and Morgan’s tenures with the Seahawks. Idzik’s grandfather was the head coach at the University of Detroit in the 1960s and was an assistant in the NFL and CFL.

https://theathletic.com/5239689/2024/01/...ing-staff/
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-31-2024, 01:47 PM -
(01-31-2024, 10:22 AM)Ladypanther Wrote: Interesting resume:

The 32-year-old Idzik has a strong football lineage and an academic background suitable for a position at Appaloosa Management, Panthers owner David Tepper’s hedge fund. Idzik graduated in 2014 from Wake Forest, where he was a receiver and a mathematical business major, with a minor in global trade and commerce. Idzik also had a sabbatical term during which he studied politics and economics at Cambridge.

Idzik’s father, John, was the New York Jets general manager after spending six seasons in the front office in Seattle, a span that overlapped with Canales and Morgan’s tenures with the Seahawks. Idzik’s grandfather was the head coach at the University of Detroit in the 1960s and was an assistant in the NFL and CFL.

https://theathletic.com/5239689/2024/01/...ing-staff/

Hmm... Interesting indeed.  Sounds like he should be with an international corporation or maybe a foreign policy "think tank".
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"