Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,676 posts 493 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-12-2024, 08:08 PM -
Watch the "EYE" Caldwell gives John Adams in the Q/A segment. LOL... You think she is scared of Adams.??  He better run and hide before Caldwell decides to give him a 'lesson' in humility.!!

This post was last modified: 04-12-2024, 08:33 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

04-12-2024, 08:42 PM -
There is a LOT of material floating around the ether.... all in response to the Kim Caldwell hiring by Tennessee. With this HC job, Caldwell makes the jump into the SEC.  She is going to be a force to remember... May take a year or two, but Tennessee is on the way back up.!!

Pat Summit would be proud....

Ladypanther

422 posts 67 threads Joined: Oct 2023
04-12-2024, 10:17 PM -
(04-12-2024, 08:42 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: There is a LOT of material floating around the ether.... all in response to the Kim Caldwell hiring by Tennessee. With this HC job, Caldwell makes the jump into the SEC.  She is going to be a force to remember... May take a year or two, but Tennessee is on the way back up.!!

Pat Summit would be proud....

Enjoyed listening to that...thanks Hobs.  As someone who grew up in Tennessee I understand the importance of women's basketball and Pat Summit. Her illness was such a gut punch for fans and the sport.(And OMG how tragic)  She was so successful that UT tried to get her more than once to coach the men's team (took them a long long time to be competitive).  Women's BB is where it is today because of Pat. She was remarkable and deserves every statue. Tennessee has not been able to find it's way back since Pat's horrible illness.

I really like Kim Caldwell.  Given her story how could anyone not hope she is successful?  Of course at Tenn..the definition of success is different. I love that Caldwell seems to appreciate that.  I loved her statement that she would never be Pat Summit but she just wants to make her proud.  Who could ask for more?  I hope she does it and am looking forward to next season.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

04-13-2024, 07:29 AM -
(04-12-2024, 10:17 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: Enjoyed listening to that...thanks Hobs.  As someone who grew up in Tennessee I understand the importance of women's basketball and Pat Summit. Her illness was such a gut punch for fans and the sport.(And OMG how tragic)  She was so successful that UT tried to get her more than once to coach the men's team (took them a long long time to be competitive).  Women's BB is where it is today because of Pat. She was remarkable and deserves every statue. Tennessee has not been able to find it's way back since Pat's horrible illness.

I really like Kim Caldwell.  Given her story how could anyone not hope she is successful?  Of course at Tenn..the definition of success is different. I love that Caldwell seems to appreciate that.  I loved her statement that she would never be Pat Summit but she just wants to make her proud.  Who could ask for more?  I hope she does it and am looking forward to next season.

Yes, indeed...

Pat Summit's passing was a tragedy and a tremendous loss to both Tennessee and the whole of the sports world.

Greatly missed, but Pat Summit's legacy is 'etched in stone'. Now it's Kim Caldwell's time. She will do fine.
Clap3 Headbang