Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,099 posts 690 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-02-2024, 07:17 PM -
Panthers reportedly make changes in front office (msn.com)

The Carolina Panthers have made a few changes to their front office following the 2024 NFL draft.

As first reported by CBS Sports lead NFL insider Jonathan Jones on Thursday, the team has parted ways with director of pro scouting Ron Hanrahan and assistant director of pro scouting Tyler Ramsey. The moves were later confirmed by Joe Person of The Athletic as well as Mike Kaye of The Charlotte Observer.

Hanrahan began his NFL journey as a media relations intern with the Buffalo Bills in 2001. He'd go on to spend 16 seasons there—serving as scouting assistant, pro personnel assistant, pro personnel coordinator, assistant director of pro personnel and director of pro personnel.

Carolina hired Hanrahan as a pro scout in 2017.
Ramsey, who came along in 2021, started as personnel intern for the Seattle Seahawks in 2009. He stayed in Seattle for a total of 12 seasons, where he also assumed the roles of scouting assistant and area scout.
This post was last modified: 05-02-2024, 07:19 PM by PantherFan007.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,698 posts 497 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-02-2024, 08:09 PM -
Hmmm...... Seems strange.??  Also, a strange bit of "timing". We're through the college scouting for this year and getting ready to  embark on next year's trials and tribulations.  But nothing hot there for awhile yet.  Not so with "pro-scouting".  Just getting cranked up for the new season and pro players are still widely available and moving around and making deals. And will be for awhile...

Must be a "back-story" here somewhere.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

451 posts 71 threads Joined: Oct 2023
05-02-2024, 08:36 PM -
These things tend to happen after the draft.  I expect some on the college scouting side to fall too.  Dan needs to get people he has confidence in.

Dan is more familiar with their work than most new GMs would be.  I always hate to see someone lose their job but for that department...'tis the season.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

05-03-2024, 12:04 AM -
(05-02-2024, 08:36 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: These things tend to happen after the draft.  I expect some on the college scouting side to fall too.  Dan needs to get people he has confidence in.

Dan is more familiar with their work than most new GMs would be.  I always hate to see someone lose their job but for that department...'tis the season.

College scouts, yes. But the pro scouts are ‘under the gun’ right now…. And will be until at least September. Seems strange to me. But, what do I know…??? I’m sure Dan had a reason.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,099 posts 690 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-03-2024, 07:13 AM -
Yeah, I found it a bit strange at this point, considering Pro Scouts really have nothing to do with the NFL Draft, other than recording information concerning current players and the particulars of their draft position, etc.

This kind of shows the basic differences between the two:

https://footballnextlevel.com/nfl-draft-...ro-scouts/

I kind of thought "maybe" they have other people in line to fill those positions, as free agency is still active thru Training Camp etc.
Ladypanther

451 posts 71 threads Joined: Oct 2023
05-03-2024, 08:17 AM -
The biggest part of free agency virtually done although as you mentioned it is always ongoing.  There is never a really quiet time to do this.  He has all the reports the scouts had on current players and likely thinks they can do better.  I am sure he has people in mind.  Not to mention...he grew up in the pro scouting side after his football career.

IAs I mentioned, I still think  the college side is up soon.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

05-03-2024, 07:16 PM -
(05-03-2024, 08:17 AM)Ladypanther Wrote: The biggest part of free agency virtually done although as you mentioned it is always ongoing.  There is never a really quiet time to do this.  He has all the reports the scouts had on current players and likely thinks they can do better.  I am sure he has people in mind.  Not to mention...he grew up in the pro scouting side after his football career.

IAs I mentioned, I still think  the college side is up soon.

I wouldn't be surprised to see changes on the college side of the house.  ¿Quien sabe?
Huh