Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
05-10-2024, 09:29 AM -
Here you go Hobs......

https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-m...ree-agents

The club signed 18 undrafted free agents, and they will make their debuts this weekend at rookie minicamp.

The group will be on the field Friday and Saturday for practice, along with the seven-man draft class, which includes first-round receiver Xavier Legette.

The full list of undrafted rookies is as follows:

DE Popo Aumavae, Oregon

WR Jalen Coker, Holy Cross

OT Jeremiah Crawford, Tennessee

CB Willie Drew, Virginia State

OT Christian Duffie, Kansas State

OLB Kenny Dyson, Bryant

TE Kevin Foelsch, New Haven

CB DeShawn Gaddie, Ole Miss

DE Darius Hodges, Tulane

S Clayton Isbell, Coastal Carolina

OLB Derrick McLendon, Colorado

K Harrison Mevis, Missouri

LB Jackson Mitchell, UConn

WR Sam Pinkney, Coastal Carolina

QB Jack Plummer, Louisville

C Andrew Raym, Oklahoma

S Demani Richardson, Texas A&M

RB Jaden Shirden, Monmouth

To make room for the undrafted rookie signings coming in for this weekend's rookie minicamp, the Panthers released seven players.

That list includes running backs Tarik Cohen and Spencer Brown, tight end Chris Pierce, wide receiver Jalen Camp, offensive lineman Ilm Manning, defensive tackle Raequan Williams, and cornerback AJ Parker.

All had been around on the roster or practice squad last season.

Cohen was attempting a comeback from a series of injuries that derailed his time as a Pro Bowl returner with the Bears. The North Carolina native and NC A&T product hadn't played in a regular season game since 2020.

The Panthers will also have four tryout players here, including Irish kicker Rory Beggan, who is part of the International Pathway Program. Also trying out this weekend are quarterback Sean Chambers (Montana State) and guards Justin Shaffer (a former sixth-round pick of the Falcons from Georgia) and Greg Anderson (Monmouth).
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-10-2024, 05:28 PM -
Thanks for this LP.... You dun did gud.!! Big Grin

Serious question here.... Have the Panthers EVER signed this many UDFAs before.??  Eighteen (18) seems like an awfully big number to me.  I haven't tried to research it, but I will say that I don't think that number has ever been signed before... at least in recent memory.

One prediction here.... One of the QBs, either Plummer or Chambers will stay around through cut-downs.... Unless we bring in another one as well. We WILL carry a 3rd QB -- probably on the practice squad.

I'm going to have to do a little study on these guys. There won't be much out there probably, but maybe a little something.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
05-10-2024, 06:33 PM -
So.........to answer your question I went back to 2010.  This is the most since then.  In 2020 & 2011 the Panthers signed 17 UDFAs.  The low was 3 in 2019.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-10-2024, 07:45 PM -
(05-10-2024, 06:33 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: So.........to answer your question I went back to 2010.  This is the most since then.  In 2020 & 2011 the Panthers signed 17 UDFAs.  The low was 3 in 2019

Thanks LP.!!

So.... If any of the tryout players get signed, that 18 number could increase. Twenty, twenty-one maybe....??  Seems ridiculously high.  The initial TC roster is going to be rife with unknowns.!!!
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-10-2024, 09:49 PM -
I was thinking this morning, eighteen seems like a LOT more UFAs than we usually sign. Love seeing the work done by the Front Office Staff so far.