Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
05-20-2024, 06:00 PM -
https://www.panthers.com/news/for-bryce-...on-details\

Canales may be the best teacher we have had.  Many times throughout the years we have talked about developing players.  Fingers crossed...this group can actually do it.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-20-2024, 11:59 PM -
I hope so lp. I love the level of calm from the hc. Hoping for a good season, 5-12, - 7-10. Get more n I’m impressed. I bet Bryce breaks out. No offense first.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-21-2024, 10:47 AM -
(05-20-2024, 06:00 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: https://www.panthers.com/news/for-bryce-...on-details\

Canales may be the best teacher we have had.  Many times throughout the years we have talked about developing players.  Fingers crossed...this group can actually do it.

Good article.  I'm wishing them all the best.

That having been said, this one's for Firstchance lol Tongue

[Image: 444497096_8049548691762786_3479778541780...e=6652AF19]
PantherFan007
Administrator

05-21-2024, 10:51 AM -
Oh, and like the video I posted last week of Bryce "flipping the script" on the reporters, I liked his video here as well where he started doing the same thing.
Firstchance

716 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-21-2024, 11:33 AM -
(05-20-2024, 11:59 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I hope so lp.  I love the level of calm from the hc.  Hoping for a good season, 5-12, - 7-10. Get more  n I’m impressed.  I bet Bryce breaks out.  No offense first.

Absolutely none taken. Ever. We all have opinions and I respect all … well most. lol.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-21-2024, 12:54 PM -
(05-21-2024, 10:47 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(05-20-2024, 06:00 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: https://www.panthers.com/news/for-bryce-...on-details\

U made a funny!
PantherFan007
Administrator

05-21-2024, 03:55 PM -
(05-21-2024, 12:54 PM)Josh21 Wrote:
(05-21-2024, 10:47 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote:

U made a funny!

I do my best lol

Fblaugh Tongue
Ladypanther

481 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
05-21-2024, 08:43 PM -
Bryce Young took a snap during the first day of organized team activities and launched the ball down the field roughly 40 yards. The ball glided through the air as wide receiver Adam Thielen broke free from a defensive back and eventually hit the wideout in the hands as he moved toward the end zone during 7-on-7 drills on Monday. Last season, Young rarely threw deep as he finished the season with 2,877 passing yards, 11 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. But during Dave Canales’ first OTA session in Charlotte, Young took the opportunity to toss the ball for big gains, including a pair of heaves to veteran tight end Ian Thomas, who made impressive catches on both targets. Young, 22, is coming off a disappointing rookie season. After completing just 59.8% of his passes in Year 1, Young — with Canales as his mentor — will look to make huge strides in 2024. Canales already sees Young’s accuracy and footwork are on point. “Deep balls, short, intermediate — he’s a really accurate passer,” Canales said. “One of the things that I love is: I can really focus in on his footwork and his base and the mechanics of where his eyes are at when I know the ball is hitting the receivers. So for the last couple weeks, as we’ve been throwing on air, I don’t have to worry about where the ball’s going. “He’s very accurate. Andy (Dalton) the same thing. I know, they’re pros, so people have this expectation that quarterbacks are accurate. But I know that some guys are more accurate than others, so I think it’s the ability of Bryce to be able to throw to different body types, different speeds, different quicknesses at the top of routes. So I’m really impressed with that part of it.”

With those offseason chores out of the way, he was ready to embrace Canales’ system and his new grouping of offensive weapons. On Monday, he showed a strong command of the offense, according to Canales, though the head coach said he would prefer the tempo of communication in-and-out of the huddle was a bit more swift. Young, who showed off his arm strength during the first of 10 workouts, said this phase of the offseason program is about learning the new offense and putting it in motion. “Right now, it’s been a great learning experience for me, learning all these new concepts, learning the footwork that we have with it, learning reads,” Young said. “The football is very similar — you do a lot of the same things. But we definitely have some new stuff. For me, it’s just been a good opportunity to learn and step back and look at things from a different perspective. “You look at football through one lens for a long time. And you get super locked in with whatever the way (you are taught). And with this new coaching staff, this is a new energy, a lot of new philosophy. So for me it’s just about taking all that coaching, and I trust him, I’ve learned from him, so working to get better.” With Canales focused on Young’s footwork, the quarterback said he has been making subtle changes to his approach, which is a common part of the process with a new coaching staff..

“It’s not foreign at all,” Young said. “Really little tweaks. It’s just there are certain things. If it’s this concept, we’re doing this footwork, which is what it’s always been. Very similar. It’s been little tweaks which has been great for me, but also great knowing their ‘why.’ And that’s another great thing about them: In teaching, they do a great job of not just telling you, ‘Hey do this.’ It’s, ‘Do this because of this. This is the reason why we’re doing this.’ “For me, it’s easy for me to buy in knowing the ‘why,’ knowing the details behind it and having that conversation. So that’s really all it is.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports...rylink=cpy
PantherFan007
Administrator

05-22-2024, 02:59 PM -
(05-21-2024, 08:43 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: Bryce Young took a snap during the first day of organized team activities and launched the ball down the field roughly 40 yards. The ball glided through the air as wide receiver Adam Thielen broke free from a defensive back and eventually hit the wideout in the hands as he moved toward the end zone during 7-on-7 drills on Monday. Last season, Young rarely threw deep as he finished the season with 2,877 passing yards, 11 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. But during Dave Canales’ first OTA session in Charlotte, Young took the opportunity to toss the ball for big gains, including a pair of heaves to veteran tight end Ian Thomas, who made impressive catches on both targets. Young, 22, is coming off a disappointing rookie season. After completing just 59.8% of his passes in Year 1, Young — with Canales as his mentor — will look to make huge strides in 2024. Canales already sees Young’s accuracy and footwork are on point. “Deep balls, short, intermediate — he’s a really accurate passer,” Canales said. “One of the things that I love is: I can really focus in on his footwork and his base and the mechanics of where his eyes are at when I know the ball is hitting the receivers. So for the last couple weeks, as we’ve been throwing on air, I don’t have to worry about where the ball’s going. “He’s very accurate. Andy (Dalton) the same thing. I know, they’re pros, so people have this expectation that quarterbacks are accurate. But I know that some guys are more accurate than others, so I think it’s the ability of Bryce to be able to throw to different body types, different speeds, different quicknesses at the top of routes. So I’m really impressed with that part of it.”

With those offseason chores out of the way, he was ready to embrace Canales’ system and his new grouping of offensive weapons. On Monday, he showed a strong command of the offense, according to Canales, though the head coach said he would prefer the tempo of communication in-and-out of the huddle was a bit more swift. Young, who showed off his arm strength during the first of 10 workouts, said this phase of the offseason program is about learning the new offense and putting it in motion. “Right now, it’s been a great learning experience for me, learning all these new concepts, learning the footwork that we have with it, learning reads,” Young said. “The football is very similar — you do a lot of the same things. But we definitely have some new stuff. For me, it’s just been a good opportunity to learn and step back and look at things from a different perspective. “You look at football through one lens for a long time. And you get super locked in with whatever the way (you are taught). And with this new coaching staff, this is a new energy, a lot of new philosophy. So for me it’s just about taking all that coaching, and I trust him, I’ve learned from him, so working to get better.” With Canales focused on Young’s footwork, the quarterback said he has been making subtle changes to his approach, which is a common part of the process with a new coaching staff..

“It’s not foreign at all,” Young said. “Really little tweaks. It’s just there are certain things. If it’s this concept, we’re doing this footwork, which is what it’s always been. Very similar. It’s been little tweaks which has been great for me, but also great knowing their ‘why.’ And that’s another great thing about them: In teaching, they do a great job of not just telling you, ‘Hey do this.’ It’s, ‘Do this because of this. This is the reason why we’re doing this.’ “For me, it’s easy for me to buy in knowing the ‘why,’ knowing the details behind it and having that conversation. So that’s really all it is.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports...rylink=cpy

Good read!  Thanks for posting.

You know, last season I said it over and over, it was on the coaching staff.  Coach Reich even stated they were "trying to keep things simple" for Bryce.  I truly believe it was the terrible offensive playcalling that limited him, and the lack of wide receivers.

That being said, Terrace Marshall, Jr hardly saw the field last season, and just about everytime he was targeted, he caught the ball.  I've read people talking trash about him "not showing up", but you can't show up if you're not on the field.  I remember TMjr asking to be traded last season.  Never heard what that was all about, but I remember he was angry that he wasn't playing on Sundays.
OceanPanther

108 posts 12 threads Joined: Mar 2020
05-23-2024, 08:58 AM -
(05-22-2024, 02:59 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Good read!  Thanks for posting.

You know, last season I said it over and over, it was on the coaching staff.  Coach Reich even stated they were "trying to keep things simple" for Bryce.  I truly believe it was the terrible offensive playcalling that limited him, and the lack of wide receivers.

That being said, Terrace Marshall, Jr hardly saw the field last season, and just about everytime he was targeted, he caught the ball.  I've read people talking trash about him "not showing up", but you can't show up if you're not on the field.  I remember TMjr asking to be traded last season.  Never heard what that was all about, but I remember he was angry that he wasn't playing on Sundays.

This is where many ( ME )  were fooled last preseason.  So many were concerned that they weren't letting Bryce do anything but take snaps in the preseason..  and Reich kept saying ,  we don't want to show too much offense in the preseason..  only to discover Reich didn't show anything in the regular season as well.  Reich might have thought Bryce a complete failure in training camp for all we know..    But he never gave Bryce a chance either.  

I currently don't think Bryce a flop...  but I hope we see signs of greatness ( average at times )  early in the season.  

I think Trevor Lawrence was hampered by poor coaching his rookie year,,  and I think Bryce was as well.