Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

611 posts 115 threads Joined: Oct 2023
08-12-2024, 02:46 PM -
https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/dave-can...g-jets-nfl

Carolina offense was so bad during their latest training camp practice that Panthers head coach Dave Canales resorted to collective punishment.

After a promising couple of days in a row, second-year quarterback Bryce Young regressed again, throwing an interception over the middle early on in 11-on-11 drills.

It didn't get better from there. Whatever else the first-string offensive unit got up to, it was bad enough to make first-year head coach Dave Canales resort to collective punishment.

Apparently after practice was over, Canales had the entire offensive unit running gassers in the August Carolina heat.

Conversation
Kassidy Hill
@KassidyGHill
This is the first I’ve seen at a Panthers practice. The entire offense is doing gassers afterwards.

So...Mr Nice Guy has a breaking point.  Good for him.  That was a big message coming from Canales.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,001 posts 559 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-12-2024, 06:26 PM -
Well, I was going to say that "We'll know more after the Jets leave town. One joint practice and one pre-season game ..."

But there is no guarantee that we'll know anything, really. The touchy-feely BS and the intentional avoidance of contact with the 1s and 2s leaves a LOT of room for unknowns going forward. It truly doesn't make a whit of difference how the Level 3 & 4 backup players perform if the 1s and 2s aren't in tune and playing the same symphony together.
Fbmad

And YES.... I'm pleased to hear that Canales MIGHT be cracking down a little. It is past time....
This post was last modified: 08-12-2024, 06:28 PM by Hobbit99.
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Firstchance
Posting Freak

756 posts 84 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-12-2024, 08:27 PM -
Offense may be running marathons by mid year?
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,290 posts 66 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-12-2024, 10:09 PM -
If it’s lackluster I’m all for consequences. I work n daycare. Consequences are what spark change. Kids or men.
OceanPanther

151 posts 17 threads Joined: Mar 2020
08-13-2024, 07:22 AM -
Ugh ....

The glass half full person.. ( many of us , till we see the ship going under ) Our defense is soooooooooooooo good , Our stellar offense looked bad .

Sadly , we've seen this team before and know better,

Can we hope our defense is as good as the 2000 Ravens, where their offense we so inept they averaged 16 pt a game.

Ugh .. I'm truly hoping we look like an NFL team against the Jets this week. We didn't look like an NFL team last week. I don't care if we lose. Just look better.
BlackCatzFan

391 posts 44 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-13-2024, 09:32 AM -
It’s hard to get excited when we don’t have a good system in place yet. Our team still like last year, has no identity.