Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

12 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,749 posts 502 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-14-2019, 04:46 PM -
Because this has been mentioned several times already this year, and NUMEROUS times in the past, I, Hobbit99, hearby offer up this location and THIS THREAD to discuss this topic.....

The discussion (and remarks in general..) seem to come down to the Panthers having nothing to gain at this point. "Play the games left on the schedule of course, but play rookies and developmental players." "It will give us a look at how well they can perform." "Don't risk unnecessary injury to front-line guys at this point in the season." "We shouldn't play hard to win a couple of games just to shoot ourselves in the foot for next year's draft."

There are lots of reasons given, these ^ are just some of them.

Soooo, here's your "bully pulpit." Time to sound off. Tell us what you REALLY think.!!
Firstchance

713 posts 80 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-14-2019, 07:08 PM -
I personally am not  believer in tanking and would be amazed if such instruction would come from the coaching staff or the front office. NFL is one of the most physical sports there are. I don’t see players hitting the field and not give 100%, that would probably sit one up to be injured. In addition you better be judging all your players on how they handle situations under all types of stressful situations including losing. Most of the guys are perform for tomorrow, next year etc. So everyone is always being evaluated at all times. So I guess you have my take of the situation.

However, I am not against playing players who don’t normally get into live game situations but I think you do that at the proper time, like when you are down 25 in the fourth quarter.

Lastly, if you are in the top half of the draft, regardless if you are picking 1st or 16th, there is plenty of talent to address needs. Plus 16 is cheaper than 1. There are no single players in any draft that you can be sure is the type players that can play 1 on 22.

Give it all you have, every day, every game, every play. Accept the results of what that may be and then make improvements.
This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 09:30 AM by Firstchance.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,749 posts 502 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-14-2019, 07:29 PM -
Well, we have our "first" official take on this issue.....
Good job, First.!!

Lots to say here.... Who is next.??
This post was last modified: 12-14-2019, 07:29 PM by Hobbit99.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,181 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-14-2019, 11:19 PM -
Firstchance Wrote:I personally am not  believer in tanking and would be amazed if such instruction would come from the coaching staff or the front office. NFL is one of the most physical sports there are. I don’t see players hitting to field and not give 100%, that would probably sit one up to be injured. In addition you better be judging all your players on how they handle situations under all types of stressful situations including losing. Most of the guys are perform for tomorrow, next year etc. So everyone is always being evaluated at all times. So I guess you have my take of the situation.

However, I am not against playing players who don’t normally get into live game situations but I think you do that at the proper time, like when you are down 25 in the fourth quarter.

Lastly, if you are in the top half of the draft, regard if you are licking 1st or 16th, there is plenty of talent to address needs. Plus 16 is cheaper than 1. There are no single players in any draft that you can be sure is the type players that can play 1 on 22.

Give it all you have, every day, every game, every play. Accept the results of what that may be and then make improvements.
Agreed.  Try ure best, if it gets out of hand in the second half play young guys.
Firstchance

12-15-2019, 09:31 AM -
Sorry, for all the typos. Hard to use a mobile device, at least for me. The majority should be corrected now.
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-15-2019, 05:12 PM -
As a team, I think we MUST play to win because we know almost nothing about this team:

We don't know who to keep/promote/fire on the current coaching staff.
We don't know where we are at QB/backup QB.
We don't know how run the current D effectively
etc. etc. etc.

We must end the season knowing SOMETHING about this team in order to pick a direction. That only happens by playing to win.

I, however, am hoping that we figure some things out while we (1) lose close games and (2) McCaffrey gets yards and records.
Josh21
Posting Freak

12-15-2019, 05:43 PM -
Coaching staff, gone.
Qb, big question.
Db/dl/ol help needed.
Other than that we are golden...

Also if Greir is to be a qb for us going forward he needs to play. Unless they are so scared of our ol getting him killed they are saving him (in which case poor Kyle).
This post was last modified: 12-15-2019, 05:47 PM by Josh21.
Firstchance

12-15-2019, 07:07 PM -
New head coach will probably replace 80% of the current coaching staff.

QB is a question mark. Personally playing behind this OL and with his limited experience, I think Kyle has done a very decent job, but has had his bad moments as well. I think after Cam somehow gets our man of the year representation, he will be the QB next year and Kyle will be here also. Grier as well but evidently he must really suck in practice not to have gotten any time last week.

Core of the defense is still for a 4-3 but we drafted this year for a 3-4 but then sign McCoy who is a better 4=3 fit??? Either way defense is still two years away. OL sucks still but we have been saying that since 15...and the center they signed this year was a waste.

Marty will be gone. However, regardless of what Tepper does this team is at least two and maybe three years away from being competitive...karma works in mysterious ways.
Josh21
Posting Freak

12-15-2019, 07:09 PM -
After a thinking session, we need all the things I mentioned, n a leader (no disrespect to Ron) who can get us prepared
Firstchance

12-16-2019, 11:04 AM -
(12-15-2019, 07:07 PM)Firstchance Wrote: New head coach will probably replace 80% of the current coaching staff.

QB is a question mark. Personally playing behind this OL and with his limited experience, I think Kyle has done a very decent job, but has had his bad moments as well. I think after Cam somehow gets our man of the year representation, he will be the QB next year and Kyle will be here also. Grier as well but evidently he must really suck in practice not to have gotten any time last week.

Core of the defense is still for a 4-3 but we drafted this year for a 3-4 but then sign McCoy who is a better 4=3 fit??? Either way defense is still two years away. OL sucks still but we have been saying that since 15...and the center they signed this year was a waste.

Marty will be gone. However, regardless of what Tepper does this team is at least two and maybe three years away from being competitive...karma works in mysterious ways.
While I now think that Cam stays, I think the focus on a new coach will be one of experience...aka, Mike McCarthy. ( I would rather see a young up and comer with successful assistant coaching history but a young coach can't handle a Cam and for that matter many on this team )