Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-16-2021, 06:29 PM -
ALRIGHT.... Serious question here.

WTH is going on.??  CMC is back on IR again after staying there almost all of last year. So far he has played four games ( 4..) and small parts of two others in the last two years (SO FAR...).  I can't seem to wrap my poor reptilian brain around this. McCaffrey has been a workhorse and virtually unstoppable for his time in the league. Until last year....and now, this year.

Is this for real..???  OR...... Is this another of Rhule's lightly disguised "management" techniques to divorce the team from it's highly rated talent.?? In other words, is Rhule starting the process of getting rid of a true talent because he didn't arrive here up through Rhule's college ranks.?? I HATE to think these things, but Rhule definitely is a HOMER. Players he coached in college are favored on this roster. There can be no doubt about that. If you didn't play for Rhule, you are NOT one of his fair-haired boys. Preferential treatment..??  Huh Huh  You tell me.....

I don't know..... Someone help me out here. I am NOT typically a "conspiracy theorist".. But, I don't like the 'writing on the wall'. This does not bode well for CMC or the Panthers.  WTH is happening.??
Fbmad
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-16-2021, 11:33 PM -
All really good questions. Who’s the rb? From rhule’s past? Cmc is hurt. Sucks, but happens. Go Chuba n royce n brown. Rb’s

Who’s better than cmc? Wish he were healthier.
This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 12:12 AM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-17-2021, 01:30 AM -
I DON'T KNOW...

CMC has a little 'twinge' in the 1st Qtr of week 3 game. He seems ok but walks on his own to the locker room. We're told he felt a little tweak and they decided to pull him for the rest of the game. Doesn't practice then misses the next game (*4**) then returns to practice the next week. Held out again in week 5. Still practicing though until Thursday. Then DNP on Thursday and Friday and off to the IR. So.... He's now missed 2 3/4 games since the 1st Qtr of week 3, AND will now miss at least three more
REALLY..??  A professional athlete in great shape with a supposedly very minor hamstring 'tweak'..... who has been practicing for the past 7-10 days. Will now miss at least six weeks and most of at least six games. AT LEAST ... SMFH... Never have I heard of a minor tweak acting like this. Athletes in great shape come back from surgeries quicker than that. Minor tweaks or pulls ...maybe a couple weeks, certainly no longer than three.

Something about this smells.  Oh well..... What do I know.. Maybe McCaffrey doesn't want to play anymore. Maybe he's gonna quit.. Maybe he's looking to be traded. Who the hell knows..??

Chuba + Royce + Brown.... nothing against those guys, but combined on their best days couldn't begin to make up for CMC. Not only for what he does, but for the attention he commands and the traffic he draws away from the rest of the offense. His true value is in making the opposing team account for him. Without CMC we are about half as good on offense as we are with him in the game. We will be LUCKY to win one of the next three games.

After week 8.... I see us at 4-4---and thereafter on a downhill slide if CMC doesn't "recover" (**wink, wink**) quickly.

(10-16-2021, 11:33 PM)Josh21 Wrote: All really good questions.  Who’s the rb?  From rhule’s past?  Cmc is hurt.  Sucks, but happens.  Go Chuba n royce n brown.  Rb’s

Who’s better than cmc?  Wish he were healthier.

Well... A RB from Rhule's past.?? That's EASY.!!!

You don't have to go back very far to remember this...  Remember after the draft in May. Rhule was laughing about his wife (julie..) telling him to "be sure to draft Chuba---or don't come home".... or words to that effect.

Naughty
This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 01:41 AM by Hobbit99.
Josh21
Posting Freak

10-17-2021, 04:10 PM -
I hope ur wrong. Can’t b sure. We are 3-0 w cmc. We are 0-3 without. Chuba is good, not cmc. I think hub holds on n cmc gets the lead in week 10 or so. Gotta hold on till then

I understand ure thoughts hobbit. I hope ure wrong. Cmc is a very impactful player. In any role. I do think he’s hurt.

Wives don’t give suggestions.
This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 04:12 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-17-2021, 05:57 PM -
(10-17-2021, 04:10 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I hope ur wrong.  Can’t b sure.  We are 3-0 w cmc.  We are 0-3 without.  Chuba is good, not cmc.  I think hub holds on n cmc gets the lead in week 10 or so.  Gotta hold on till then

I understand ure thoughts hobbit.  I hope ure wrong.  Cmc is a very impactful player.  In any role.  I do think he’s hurt.

Wives don’t give suggestions.

Oh, I agree. There's no doubt that CMC was hurting a little after that one play. He's not faking or laying down. He is just slowly 'winding down' after a couple of good years. My questions are mostly just....WHY.?? McCaffrey has been a true beast on the field. What is different now.??

Here is the video when CMC tweaked his hamstring. There's no doubt that he had a little twinge there. Notice the "hop" in the middle of the run.

Notice how he reacts after the run. Sure, he nicked it a little. So, maybe a couple of weeks....maybe even three..??? Who knows..??  But six weeks out and another stint on IR.???  Really..???

Things that make you go...."Hmmmm.."

I don't know buddy. Just seems really strange to me.  McCaffrey is not a wimp. I can't see him acting this way (in the video..) and then being held out for six weeks, or probably more to get back in playing shape......Unless he was "directed" to do so by the coaching staff. Possible of course, but for what purpose.??
This whole thing SMELLS of someone's manipulation.

So, "Tilting at windmills".??  Perhaps.... I've been wrong before.

As far as Julies statement..... Believe me when I tell you, women (wives..) have a L O T of input into any decision. Any man that is, or has been married knows that what I say is true. In this case, I think Rhule probably chose Chuba separate from Julie's statement. I only brought it up because you asked "who" (RB..) was in Rhule's past. The answer is obvious. Chuba, of course. You can tell that Rhule is totally 'enthralled' with Chuba for some reason by what he says every week. Rhule is trying to 'control the conversation' around this rookie draft pick, to make it seem like he was a magnificent 'find' in the draft and to rally "support" around him. It's just like he intends to replace CMC with this guy. Also, you know we also have Royce Freeman, a KNOWN quantity and a very decent RB. Royce hasn't had a chance at all to play for more than a single play or two. Rhule wants Chuba to play.....

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. There's nothing anyone can do except 'wait and see'.

¿Quien Sabe?
This post was last modified: 10-17-2021, 06:04 PM by Hobbit99.
Josh21
Posting Freak

10-17-2021, 06:37 PM -
I meant it as wives don’t give suggestions, they give ultimatums.

I love Royce! Think he n cmc would make a heck of a Rz tandem.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-17-2021, 10:20 PM -
(10-17-2021, 06:37 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I meant it as wives don’t give suggestions, they give ultimatums. 

I love Royce!  Think he n cmc would make a heck of a Rz tandem.

Yeah... I'd love to see Royce get some decent work. He's a tough guy and built a little.... They would make a good tandem.
Josh21
Posting Freak

10-18-2021, 11:43 PM -
Ruhle wants to run the ball more…us too.

Do it.
This post was last modified: 10-18-2021, 11:45 PM by Josh21.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-19-2021, 11:09 AM -
First and foremost, I love CMC, but the knock on him prior to being drafted was people saying he would not be able to hold up to the physical demands of being an every down back. From the way it looks, they are unfortunately correct.

Secondly, I'm about to fall off the Sam Darnold bandwagon. He seriously ISN'T that good. He "could" be good, but he isn't. He can't see downfield. There were several opportunities to hit a WR wide open downfield when he threw the ball away, or checked it down to somebody behind the line of scrimmage. Just not a good decision maker at all so far.

And what's worse is Robbie Anderson. It looks like he couldn't catch a cold if he was buck naked in January in a swimming pool full of covid patients. Give him a huge contract and he suddenly can't catch a football.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-22-2021, 10:09 AM -
(10-19-2021, 11:09 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: First and foremost, I love CMC, but the knock on him prior to being drafted was people saying he would not be able to hold up to the physical demands of being an every down back.  From the way it looks, they are unfortunately correct.

Secondly, I'm about to fall off the Sam Darnold bandwagon.  He seriously ISN'T that good.  He "could" be good, but he isn't.  He can't see downfield.  There were several opportunities to hit a WR wide open downfield when he threw the ball away, or checked it down to somebody behind the line of scrimmage.  Just not a good decision maker at all so far.

And what's worse is Robbie Anderson.  It looks like he couldn't catch a cold if he was buck naked in January in a swimming pool full of covid patients.  Give him a huge contract and he suddenly can't catch a football.

WELL.....  Let me say This about That..

I too love CMC  (and you know I luv you too, BUT...)  The "knock" on CMC was not his "holding up". It was all about his size and not being able to "run between the tackles."  And yes, that DOES correlate (somewhat..) to physicality. However, CMC proved himself (and the naysayers wrong...). He can and DOES run just about wherever he wants to, whenever he wants to.!! He's incredibly smart and incredibly agile and the workload is only a minor issue that the COACHING staff should be able to manage. At this point in this epic post, I will take the time to remind you (everyone..) about another player who was doubted. Remember TD (Thomas Davis..) who was thought to be 'history', 'done', 'WASHED UP' after not one, not two, but THREE ACL injuries and operations. He came back and finished out his time playing the best football of his career.!! CMC's injuries have been minor. He has a LOT of miles and a LOT of yardage left in his game. We just need a coaching staff who knows how to manage, monitor and regulate playing reps.

Now, about Sam Darnold.... Sam was (and still is..) our best opportunity at the position. He was drafted third (3rd..) OVERALL in 2018. You don't get that draft position for no reason.!! Sam has a terrific arm and an really quick release. His early career has been a real mess. NO chance to learn anything with the Jets. Just like they manage all their draft picks. Darnold has a LOT of upside. He will be a really good QB given a little time to mature in OUR system. Truthfully, he's had a lot of things working against him. New coaching staff and team (thankfully..), new playbook, new supporting players, new receivers..... I didn't really expect him to come out burning things down. I WAS hopeful, and still am. The biggest part of the 'problem" he's having is the play calling forcing him to hold the ball longer than is wise. Remember back at the end of last year and this spring and early part of this season..... Everyone was 'talking' and "calling for' long plays downfield. "Taking a shot" so to speak. The talk was everywhere.!! SURE... it looks good to the fans.!!  But those plays take time to develop. You just can't get receivers 30-40 yards downfield after being 'tagged', 'bumped' at the LOS, within a "normal" window of time. ANYTIME we call plays that take a long time to develop or routes that have "double moves" or change of direction.... well, there is a SIGNIFICANTLY increased chance of getting your QB hit, sacked, mauled.....  Sure those plays LOOK good for the fans and TV, but they are not good for QBs. QB needs to deliver the ball in three seconds or less. The really "GOOD" ones average around 2.5 seconds or less. You can't do that and wait on deep routes or receivers against 'man' coverage getting held up at the LOS. It just isn't going to happen. 

The last "remembrance" I'll mention here is last year and this year after the draft. ALL of you guys were saying it'll take three to four years to become viably competitive. Maybe the playoffs in three, a "deep run" in four.  Here we are in year TWO and everyone is complaining because we don't have a team full of pro-bowlers and we lose a few games.!! It WILL take a little time. Better get used to it.!