Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

13 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-28-2021, 07:02 PM -
OKAY.... So here's the theme for this thread:

Young players we've purchased, selected, adopted... Must be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year players. Pick one player you are REALLY happy we have. Celebrate 
AND one player you are REALLY happy we DO NOT have.!!  Big Grin CoolDance Thumbsup

This ought to be interesting.!!

I'll go first..!!!!

I'm stepping away from 1st round picks. Everyone expects them to play. SO... I'm going...

I'm REALLY happy we drafted Tommy Tremble. Dude has lots going for him. Can really run and with power. Not scared of anything. Catches the ball too.!!  This dude is going to be a terrific ball player.  You heard it here first.!!

AND, I'm REALLY happy we DO NOT HAVE... Tua Tagovailoa.  Short, wrong handed, over-hyped, under-skilled. This guy makes every coach wince. O-lines are all backwards. Right tackles are not used to being "the blind side". Used to playing in college where EVERYTHING is spread.  Can't make the throws. The NFL is too big for this dude. NEVER going to be a high caliber QB.
This post was last modified: 10-28-2021, 09:54 PM by Hobbit99.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-28-2021, 08:03 PM -
I’ll go, I have a few in mind. JC horn. Keith Taylor, tremble, Chuba, from 21 class. Brown n Robinson for 20. I go with Jeremy chin. Big s/lb who runs well. Lots of tackles. Love that guy. He’s been great in the box. He’ll get tested Sunday w/ pitts.

I’m really happy we do not have Watson. Hate to bring it up.

From 3rd year totally Burns!
This post was last modified: 10-28-2021, 08:05 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-28-2021, 10:12 PM -
(10-28-2021, 08:03 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I’ll go, I have a few in mind.  JC horn.  Keith Taylor, tremble, Chuba, from 21 class.  Brown n Robinson for 20.  I go with Jeremy chin.  Big s/lb who runs well.  Lots of tackles.  Love that guy.  He’s been great in the box.  He’ll get tested Sunday w/ pitts.

I’m really happy we do not have Watson.  Hate to bring it up.

From 3rd year totally Burns!

Lots of good ones there. Of course, you only get to choose ONE.!! 

Jeremy Chinn is an excellent choice.!! He is my #2.  (Just because I like to say-- "Tremble".!!)

OH.... You forgot to follow the rules. Watson is too old. He was drafted back in 2017 I think.  You little rule breaker, you....  I'll bet you drive too fast too..!!
Big Grin
Josh21
Posting Freak

10-28-2021, 11:34 PM -
Sorry hobbit, I’m glad we don’t have fields. Good talent, just something off. Glad it was horn. That better?

Horn was better when on the field.

Oh, I drive a short bus, no speeding at all. Heh.
This post was last modified: 10-28-2021, 11:44 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-29-2021, 10:18 AM -
(10-28-2021, 11:34 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Sorry hobbit, I’m glad we don’t have fields.  Good talent, just something off.  Glad it was horn.  That better?

Horn was better when on the field.

Oh, I drive a short bus, no speeding at all.  Heh.

Ha ha..!!   I'm just raggin' on ya.!!  I actually like your choices.  Particularly Chinn. Horn looks good but it's really early to tell much. I also agree about Watson. Dude is trouble waiting to happen.

I'm also not sure about Trevor Lawrence. For being as hyped as he was (God's gift to QBs and NFL football..)........ Sure hasn't shown much.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-29-2021, 07:02 PM -
For me, and since I'm old as dirt I'll keep it to rookies and/or 2nd year players  Fblaugh

At the very TOP of my list is last year's rookie standout Jeremy Chinn.  Dude only gets better and better with time.  

I really liked Chuba Hubbard when we drafted him, but he has done an outstanding job filling in for CMC.

I like Tommy Tremble a lot. Kid is tough as nails, has good hands, and doesn't take "NO" for an answer on first contact.

My "Hidden Gem" is Keith Taylor, Jr.  He has seriously shown some flashes of things yet to come.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-29-2021, 07:15 PM -
(10-29-2021, 07:02 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: For me, and since I'm old as dirt I'll keep it to rookies and/or 2nd year players  Fblaugh

At the very TOP of my list is last year's rookie standout Jeremy Chinn.  Dude only gets better and better with time.  

I really liked Chuba Hubbard when we drafted him, but he has done an outstanding job filling in for CMC.

I like Tommy Tremble a lot. Kid is tough as nails, has good hands, and doesn't take "NO" for an answer on first contact.

My "Hidden Gem" is Keith Taylor, Jr.  He has seriously shown some flashes of things yet to come.

WELL alrighty then......  Good choices all

Uhh, Just one thing. You forgot to give us the one player out of the same group you are PLEASED that we DO NOT have.  Huh

Okay... Back to you James.!
Josh21
Posting Freak

10-29-2021, 11:14 PM -
Taylor is doing great so far! 5th rd pick. Nice selection.

We have a heck of a cb room. S tbd.
This post was last modified: 10-29-2021, 11:19 PM by Josh21.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-30-2021, 08:39 AM -
(10-29-2021, 07:15 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 07:02 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: For me, and since I'm old as dirt I'll keep it to rookies and/or 2nd year players  Fblaugh

Uhh, Just one thing. You forgot to give us the one player out of the same group you are PLEASED that we DO NOT have.  Huh

I told you I'm old lmao...  Tongue Fblaugh

Okay, the one player I am glad we don't have is Deshaun Watson.    I remember when we had Greg Hardy here and all that negative press was going on, it was such a distraction that, even though he was my favorite player at the time, I just wished that he would move on.

(I know you meant one player from HERE, but I couldn't think of one that I'm glad we don't have)
This post was last modified: 10-30-2021, 08:41 AM by PantherFan007.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-30-2021, 10:54 AM -
(10-30-2021, 08:39 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 07:15 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:

I told you I'm old lmao...  Tongue Fblaugh

Okay, the one player I am glad we don't have is Deshaun Watson.    I remember when we had Greg Hardy here and all that negative press was going on, it was such a distraction that, even though he was my favorite player at the time, I just wished that he would move on.

(I know you meant one player from HERE, but I couldn't think of one that I'm glad we don't have)

Actually, you got it right...  Happy we DON'T have them.!!  (Except Watson isn't in the 3 yr age group I mentioned...)

Josh picked Watson as well -- and Fields.  I picked Tua (because I think he is a POOR excuse for a NFL QB...)

SEE:  Now doesn't this make you feel better about .......... well, ALMOST everything.??