ROBBY ANDERSON--What's The Real Story.???
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-06-2022, 12:27 AM -
This time of year there are always a LOT of rumors floating around. Now there appears to be on the visible horizon, a POSSIBLE trade rumor involving Robby Anderson. You can never tell anything for certain when these stories show up, but this one sounds like it could have some legs.

Before we signed Anderson, he was pursued by the Patriots. This according to Robby Anderson himself. In the end Anderson chose to come here instead of.....any other possible location. So, what's the deal NOW.??

Well, word on the street is.....The Patriots may still be interested in Anderson. Apparently (NOTE: I said "apparently"..), there have been some preliminary discussions between the Panthers and the Pats. True or False--- Fact or Fiction..???

No one is talking officially--- yet.  Here is one of the rumor sites, courtesy of PanthersWire.

ROBBY ANDERSON--Possible trade with  Patriots...
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-06-2022, 06:26 PM -
Following up on the Robby Anderson rumors.....

There have now been several more prognosticators jumping on this story.

The first of them is from PatsPulpit, which is (obviously..) a Patriots leaning website. They have a bit more information, and from a different perspective.
ROBBY ANDERSON--Patriots Indicate Some Interest

The second additional site is Heavy dot com, which is also a Patriots favored site.
ROBBY ANDERSON--Patriots Looking To Upgrade WR Corps

Next is a CBSSports site, which incidentally also carries the NFL shield (not certain what that means..??)
ROBBY ANDERSON--Possible Trade Interest ...Panthers/Patriots

So.... What all of this means is, exactly nothing (right now..). But if interest continues to develop, the Panthers may deal Anderson for some draft capital or...??? Would also generate some additional cap space.....
¿Quien sabe?
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-07-2022, 03:21 PM -
It sounds like it's off-season and they are looking for stories in the quagmire. That said, it would not hurt my feelings if the Panthers dealt him somewhere else. He has not impressed me as much as I had hoped when he first came here. I even felt the Panthers were a little premature in handing him a huge contract when they did. The next thing that happened was he had the worst season of his career.