Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
06-11-2022, 05:48 PM -
So he says on Twitter.  Honestly, he's okay, and could arguably be a LOT better with the right quarterback, but that isn't where we're at right now.  Best wishes to him on whatever he decides to do.

NFL World Reacts To Saturday's Robby Anderson News (msn.com)

"Ain’t gone lie Thinking bout Retiring…" he wrote on Twitter Saturday.

The NFL world took to Twitter to react to this message from the veteran wideout.

Many fans referenced the fact that Anderson has played with QB Sam Darnold for the majority of his NFL career.

"Couldn’t handle another season with Darnold," one wrote.

"He saw the QB depth chart and Sam Darnold was the one on top," another added.

Anderson is coming off the least productive season of his NFL career. Through 17 games and 16 starts, the Panthers wideout reeled in 53 catches for a career-low 519 yards and five touchdowns.

The year prior in 2020 (his first season with Carolina), Anderson logged his best NFL season. With Teddy Bridgewater at the starting QB position, the former undrafted free agent snagged 95 receptions for a career-high 1,096 yards.

Earlier this offseason, Anderson made headlines when he openly opposed the idea of the Panthers signing Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield.

Anderson is slated to have a $1.035 million base salary for the 2022 season.
Firstchance

716 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
06-11-2022, 06:04 PM -
Oh how I would love to see him retire. Poor signing from the beginning.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
06-11-2022, 10:54 PM -
This announcement was in the form of a Twitter post by Anderson himself. Within just a very short time, he had deleted the post. There is now no evidence he actually intended (or intends..) to retire. In fact, he's only been in the league for six years and recently signed an extension. He would stand to LOSE a lot of money if he "retired" right now.

Probably just a non-thinking moment by Anderson who then quickly decided he might have been too hasty....  I don't see this happening.

Of course...... What do I know.??
PantherFan007
Administrator

06-12-2022, 07:44 AM -
(06-11-2022, 10:54 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: This announcement was in the form of a Twitter post by Anderson himself. Within just a very short time, he had deleted the post. There is now no evidence he actually intended (or intends..) to retire. In fact, he's only been in the league for six years and recently signed an extension. He would stand to LOSE a lot of money if he "retired" right now.

Probably just a non-thinking moment by Anderson who then quickly decided he might have been too hasty....  I don't see this happening.

Well, it lends credence that it is at least on his mind, rather it is from frustration or sincerity.

I have had jobs in the past where I said, "I swear, I think it's time to quit this job", and while I had not real intention of quitting, it showed my frustration with the status quo.
This post was last modified: 06-12-2022, 07:45 AM by PantherFan007.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
06-12-2022, 10:04 AM -
I mean, dude took plays off. He don’t fight for every yard and doesn’t play like he wants to win. Don’t think it’d hurt us much if he did., honestly.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

06-12-2022, 04:49 PM -
(06-12-2022, 07:44 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 10:54 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: This announcement was in the form of a Twitter post by Anderson himself. Within just a very short time, he had deleted the post. There is now no evidence he actually intended (or intends..) to retire. In fact, he's only been in the league for six years and recently signed an extension. He would stand to LOSE a lot of money if he "retired" right now.

Well, it lends credence that it is at least on his mind, rather it is from frustration or sincerity.

I have had jobs in the past where I said, "I swear, I think it's time to quit this job", and while I had not real intention of quitting, it showed my frustration with the status quo.

Yes, I guess that's right too.  So, the thought had to at least cross his mind or he wouldn't have posted it to start with. I don't know. It's hard to understand these guys. I think maybe you hit it on the nose. Frustration probably plays a big part in the 'day to day' of players lives. They're constantly under fire from the media, and to a lesser extent, from the fans as well. No matter how good they play, it's never good enough. Pretty sad commentary on how we (the fans..) treat our players,
PantherFan007
Administrator

06-13-2022, 02:56 PM -
Yeah, this isn't the first time Robbie has voice his frustrations on Twitter or other social media. It hasn't been too long since the thing about him not playing with Baker Mayfield. They need to check what they post, as many others can attest (Jack Del Rio?) lol
This post was last modified: 06-13-2022, 02:57 PM by PantherFan007.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

06-13-2022, 07:07 PM -
(06-13-2022, 02:56 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Yeah, this isn't the first time Robbie has voice his frustrations on Twitter or other social media.  It hasn't been too long since the thing about him not playing with Baker Mayfield.  They need to check what they post, as many others can attest (Jack Del Rio?) lol

Fblaugh Thumbsup
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

06-15-2022, 03:11 PM -
SO....

As we all know, Robbie tends to say what he's thinking right at the moment. As my grandpappy used to tell me many long years ago,  "Be sure brain is engaged BEFORE putting mouth into motion."

But, I don't really mind Robbie saying what he's thinking. Actually, it's sort of refreshing to hear something that hasn't been "spin-doctored" or run through the sterile vacuum of political correctness.

Here's Darin Gantt "quoting" Robbie Anderson about "The Tweet."  Yes... I know it's a 'thumbnail'..... Just click on it for full-size.