A Little Oops I Enjoyed
Started by coffee

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-01-2022, 07:40 AM -
Carolina Panthers: Coach Matt Rhule is trying to get his team to cut down on mistakes, so it was no surprise he called the team together and "lost it'' after a penalty was called following safety Jeremy Chinn's interception of a Sam Darnold pass. Turns out that wasn't the only mistake in front of fans at Wofford's Gibbs Stadium. "Here's what happened,'' Rhule said with a laugh. "So Chinn picked the ball off and the official said offsides on the defense. I brought everybody in and lost it about, 'Hey, you lined up offsides!' Then after I was finished giving my Knute Rockney speech, he came over and said, 'I meant to say the offense false started.' So I retracted my statement. I'd like to say it's not my fault, but when you're the head coach, everything is on you.'' -- David Newton

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3431...aints-jets

I had watched a video of that event.  I was a bit frustrated at how much it looked like everyone messed up and was having to be chewed out.  This just makes it a bit more understandable and humorous.

I will add that this play was not a horrible pass by Darnold. It was a wonderful play by Chinn.
This post was last modified: 08-01-2022, 07:42 AM by coffee.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-01-2022, 01:53 PM -
LOL... Yep, things like this show off the "human" element of the game.  Someone makes a great play. Someone screws up and gets a penalty. Official makes the wrong penalty call. Coach "goes off" because of the penalty on the defense. Official corrects the call to the offense. Coach shakes his head...laughs...tells the defense  "Nevermind.." Coach laughs... Fans laugh.  Offense just 'shrugs'.  Defense 'glowers' and 'mutters'.

Fblaugh Taunt Fumble Bag Bag
This post was last modified: 08-01-2022, 01:56 PM by Hobbit99.