Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

15 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-11-2022, 05:55 AM -
I am excited to see game 1 finally here, but I don't particularly have a warm and fuzzy feeling about this game.  Not trying to be a debbie downer, but due to past experience, I'm not getting my hopes up until I see the team play. 

GO PANTHERS!!!

Worship Worship Worship
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-11-2022, 08:59 AM -
I’m so unsure about the game, but excitement is there. I feel that ekwonu is going to get handled, Mike’s Garrett is no joke. Baker’s biggest chance there is CMC and a quick release. Our defense has a chance to have a field day as well. I don’t see more than 40 points being scored.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-11-2022, 11:47 AM -
Go fellas!
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-11-2022, 05:40 PM -
When you show no faith in your players, your players will have no faith in you.

The number of touches your best player on the entire team has.

Rhule as I predicted will be 0-3 and then fired. And then maybe a true rebuild will take place. But we need to prepare ourselves panther fans, it will be a three year process.
This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 06:31 PM by Firstchance.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-12-2022, 08:13 AM -
LOTS of issues with this game. The score was close, but the game wasn't.  We were beaten badly. The score is NOT indicative of how poorly we played.

I've watched it twice (DVR..) and I'll watch it once more. You notice things every time you watch it.  I commented several weeks back about Ekwonu needing some time. This was proof. He is big and tough.....but he is not yet ready to take on the speed rushers like Garrett. When he got beat, he was always at least a full step behind the action. He is reacting, but he is still too slow in doing so.

Mayfield --- Where do I start....   Five or six passes deflected at the LOS.  Four fumbles (one or two on shotgun snaps where the ball would have hit him in the chest if he hadn't batted it away..). You can't blame that on the Center. Poor, poor form.  And THIS is supposed to be better than Darnold.??  The one long pass to Robbie looked good, but, really...... he just wound up and threw it in the general area. Robbie did all the work, changing direction and running it down.  I'll give him credit for throwing it where Robbie could get to it though. It was a good play.

McCaffrey was NOT used at all.... 14 touches and about five of those were passes. NOT effective use of your most prolific and best offensive weapon. If he (McCaffrey..) hadn't jumped on that fumble and escaped with it..who knows how it would have turned out.

OVERALL....A p*ss-poor showing on offense.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-12-2022, 10:51 AM -
I'm just glad Desaun Watson wasn't playing for them. He would have lit us up for 50+ points.

WTH was the RUN GAME??? Baker Mayfield looked LOST..... Literally LOST. I'm not sure he knows the playbook at all, it was like he wasn't sure where his receivers were. He had a bunch of open opportunities downfield but went to the wrong checkdown. He just looked bad, bad, bad.

And I cannot remember ANY game...... ever... in my entire 61 year life, where a quarterback muffed four snaps, had five passes batted, an interception, and went into the fetal position on at least two occasions.

Coaching was probably the WORST I have ever seen it on the Offensive side of the ball. Terrible, simply TERRIBLE.

I was embarassed FOR them.

Did anyone see when they showed Mr Tepper shaking his head up in the booth. I was expecting to come in this morning and see Matt Rhule and company packing their desks and leaving town. I'll say it right now, if they aren't much improved by Game 3, I'd put money on us seeing that.

Downright shameful.
This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 04:37 PM by PantherFan007.
BlackCatzFan

09-12-2022, 11:10 AM -
Who thought it was a good idea to draft a SUPERIOR runblocker/meh pass blocker and proceed to pass the ball against one of the best DE in the game? I love the Ickey pick, I really do. I think he can be a staple in the years to come. But dude, he’s a rookie in his first game showing signs of strain against OK pass rushers. And you have CMC in the backfield. Yet you proceed to pass the ball. This game was on Coaching. Plain and simple. Baker looked horrible, yes. But the coaches NEVER established a rhythm. They only ran the ball some 5ish times in the first half. REALLY? Coaching is piss poor. Our team is too talented to be squandered by less than mediocre coaching. Let’s go Sean Payton or Eric Beiniemy. (EB is who I was wanting when we got Rhule)
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-12-2022, 12:08 PM -
(09-12-2022, 11:10 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: Who thought it was a good idea to draft a SUPERIOR runblocker/meh pass blocker and proceed to pass the ball against one of the best DE in the game?  I love the Ickey pick, I really do.  I think he can be a staple in the years to come.  But dude, he’s a rookie in his first game showing signs of strain against OK pass rushers.  And you have CMC in the backfield.  Yet you proceed to pass the ball.  This game was on Coaching.  Plain and simple.  Baker looked horrible, yes.  But the coaches NEVER established a rhythm.  They only ran the ball some 5ish times in the first half.  REALLY?  Coaching is piss poor.  Our team is too talented to be squandered by less than mediocre coaching.  Let’s go  Sean Payton or Eric Beiniemy.  (EB is who I was wanting when we got Rhule)

Agreed for the most part. This kind of mess along with ‘prevent’ zone defenses lose more games by far than they win. Want to see another ‘disaster’ …. Just watch the Falcons lose to the Saints after having a 16 point lead in the 4th quarter. Soft zone ‘prevent’ defense allowed the Saints to score 17 unanswered and win by one(1) point.
What a joke.!!

As a matter of interest though…. Sean Payton is now part of Fox Sports team. Would he come back.?? I doubt he would want to.!!!
BlackCatzFan

09-12-2022, 12:36 PM -
(09-12-2022, 12:08 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 11:10 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: Who thought it was a good idea to draft a SUPERIOR runblocker/meh pass blocker and proceed to pass the ball against one of the best DE in the game?  I love the Ickey pick, I really do.  I think he can be a staple in the years to come.  But dude, he’s a rookie in his first game showing signs of strain against OK pass rushers.  And you have CMC in the backfield.  Yet you proceed to pass the ball.  This game was on Coaching.  Plain and simple.  Baker looked horrible, yes.  But the coaches NEVER established a rhythm.  They only ran the ball some 5ish times in the first half.  REALLY?  Coaching is piss poor.  Our team is too talented to be squandered by less than mediocre coaching.  Let’s go  Sean Payton or Eric Beiniemy.  (EB is who I was wanting when we got Rhule)

Agreed for the most part. This kind of mess along with ‘prevent’ zone defenses lose more games by far than they win. Want to see another ‘disaster’ …. Just watch the Falcons lose to the Saints after having a 16 point lead in the 4th quarter. Soft zone ‘prevent’ defense allowed the Saints to score 17 unanswered and win by one(1) point.
What a joke.!!

As a matter of interest though…. Sean Payton is now part of Fox Sports team. Would he come back.?? I doubt he would want to.!!!

Nah, he wouldn’t come back for the Panthers.  It’s just wishful thinking.  Our defensive scheme is another thing that gets my blood boiling.  I can understand if we’re beat by the pass.  That kind of thing happens.  But to allow 200+ yards a game on the ground, that’s INSANE.  Stop the freaking run, at the very least.  FORCE the ball to be in open air, there mistakes can happen.  INT’s happen a lot more than fumbles.  There’s more variables in the pass game for O and D to consider, than there is the run game.  Our defensive issues are once again an issue of coaching, not players.  Stop the damn run, no elite defense allows this many rushing yards.  We have to be committed to stopping the run first, and disrupting the pass second.  An Incomplete pass stops the clock.  I haven’t seen a running back YET who can take a 10 yard step.  So stop the run, force the pass.  Geez, why even get angry… ASU could beat that team fielded yesterday.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-13-2022, 10:11 AM -
(09-12-2022, 12:36 PM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: As a matter of interest though…. Sean Payton is now part of Fox Sports team. Would he come back.?? I doubt he would want to.!!!

Nah, he wouldn’t come back for the Panthers.  It’s just wishful thinking.  Our defensive scheme is another thing that gets my blood boiling.  I can understand if we’re beat by the pass.  That kind of thing happens.  But to allow 200+ yards a game on the ground, that’s INSANE.  Stop the freaking run, at the very least.  FORCE the ball to be in open air, there mistakes can happen.  INT’s happen a lot more than fumbles.  There’s more variables in the pass game for O and D to consider, than there is the run game.  Our defensive issues are once again an issue of coaching, not players.  Stop the damn run, no elite defense allows this many rushing yards.  We have to be committed to stopping the run first, and disrupting the pass second.  An Incomplete pass stops the clock.  I haven’t seen a running back YET who can take a 10 yard step.  So stop the run, force the pass.  Geez, why even get angry… ASU could beat that team fielded yesterday.

As a matter of interest.... Derrick Henry and the Titans got handed their asses when they took on the Giants.  The Giants and new HC Daboll went to Tennessee and took on Derrick Henry and shut him down. The game WAS close and in fact was decided in the last minute on a missed Tennessee Field Goal. But ..... here's the thing..... The Giants beat them at their own game. Using Saquon Barkley as the hammer, they drove the nail into the Titan coffin with a 2-point conversion by, you guessed it, Saquan Barkley. The Giants and Barkley led the league in rushing in week one (1).  YEP, more than the Browns against the Panthers..... Giants TEAM rushing = 238 yds on 32 attempts = 7.2 YPC.!!  Barkley = 164 yds on 18 attempts = 9.1 YPC.

AND THAT..^^^^, is what we face next week..... AT NY..!!!  Sick Fbcry
This post was last modified: 09-13-2022, 10:13 AM by Hobbit99.