Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-25-2022, 09:14 AM -
For responding to criticism by to ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky.  I have to agree with him.  But, when an NFL Coach bothers to respond to something so.... well... "petty", it makes you wonder how over-worried he is about his job?

Panthers great Charles Johnson calls Matt Rhule 'petty' for responding to Dan Orlovksy (msn.com)

Former Carolina Panthers defensive end Charles Johnson is almost as good of a tweeter as he was a football player. And considering he collected the second-most sacks in franchise history—behind only future Hall of Famer Julius Peppers—that’s saying something.

The latest instance of Johnson’s Twitter prowess came on Friday night, when he questioned current head coach Matt Rhule’s response to ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky. Orlovksy, in an NFL Live segment that quickly made its rounds this past week, lambasted the Panthers offense for supposedly tipping off their plays.

Rhule, who would later be asked about the harsh criticism, provided a detailed and lengthy rebuttal to the ex-quarterback—something Johnson obviously didn’t think too highly of . . .

[Image: 308373153_5886488591402151_4430651169862...e=633456CC]

Unfortunately for Rhule, this sentiment has been echoed far before Johnson hit that tweet button. Carolina’s 0-2 start to the 2022 campaign has not only pushed them to the league’s longest active losing streak (nine), but they’re also a miserable 10-25 under Rhule.

Point proven, Chuck.

ormer Carolina Panthers defensive end Charles Johnson is almost as good of a tweeter as he was a football player. And considering he collected the second-most sacks in franchise history—behind only future Hall of Famer Julius Peppers—that’s saying something.a tweeter as he was a football player. And considering he collected the second-most sacks in franchise history—behind only future Hall of Famer Julius Peppers—that’s saying something.

Dan Orlovsky
This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 09:15 AM by PantherFan007.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-25-2022, 10:16 AM -
Charles Johnson has a right to express himself...and he did...and he is at least somewhat correct.  

However..... Let's talk about the elephant in the room. ***** Dan Orlovsky.... Not a "prince among men".  Not a HOF member. Hung around for twelve years (and YES, I did have to look that up..) and accomplished so little that no-one knows his name. *****

And so I ask..... Who the hell CARES what Dan Orlovsky thinks.??  Seriously. another 'talking head'.

Quote:*** "Those who can ... Do.  Those who can't ... Talk about it." ***

So yes, it would have probably been best to ignore Dan Orlovsky.  I ignore him constantly.  You did good Charles....sort of..??
This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 10:33 PM by Hobbit99.
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-25-2022, 08:23 PM -
Sorry, I haven't watched it. Was Rhule asked about it and responded or did he just bring it up himself? That would make all of the difference to me. Yes, it's petty if he just brought up the comment himself and started defending himself.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-25-2022, 10:31 PM -
(09-25-2022, 08:23 PM)coffee Wrote: Sorry, I haven't watched it.  Was Rhule asked about it and responded or did he just bring it up himself?  That would make all of the difference to me.  Yes, it's petty if he just brought up the comment himself and started defending himself.

No.... Some reporter read the Orlovsky thing and decided to generate some "sound bites" by trapping Rhule if he could. Instead of ignoring the BS, Rhule got sucked into defending himself over nothing really.... Just some prognosticator "breaking wind". It was a "bad look" for Rhule defending himself over something that didn't need to be defended at all. He should have ignored it and ignored Orlovsky, AND ignored the stupid reporter too.  Just a bad look overall. Orlovsky is a donkey. What he knows (based on his career..) you could put in a thimble and have room left over...
coffee

09-26-2022, 05:17 AM -
OK, Thanks!
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-26-2022, 10:51 AM -
So.... This thread has regressed some, partially because of me I guess, but for those of you who care.....

Up until now, Dan Orlovsky has been famous for running out of the back of the end zone while being pressured by DE Jared Allen (before he came to the Panthers). This play causes a "Safety" and awards two points to your opponent. The play by Orlovsky was 'so famous' that it has been nick-named "an Orlovsky". As we know, the 49ers QB, Garoppolo, did "an Orlovsky" this week against the Broncos.

So HERE is "an Orlovsky": Enjoy...

You will have to watch on YouTube---SORRY---NFL blocks everything...
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-26-2022, 10:52 AM -

AND...Here is Garoppolo doing "an Orlovsky".

Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-26-2022, 10:54 AM -

AND NOW.... For your viewing enjoyment.  I am pleased to announce that Dan Orlovsky's personal "fame" is growing. Previously known only for his historic run away from Jared Allen and the ensuing ignominy..... Orlovsky now adds the homegrown 'title' of "Bark Whisperer". YES...you heard it here first.!!  Dan Orlovsky can now add this impressive display of talent to his resume.

NOW YOU KNOW..... why we should take Dan Orlovsky seriously when he tells us exactly what is wrong with the Panthers and HC Matt Rhule. Who knows better than a guy who was drafted in the 5th round; hung around for 12 years; played for 6 teams; passed for over 3000 yds (over his 12 year career..); threw for 15 TDs and 13 INTs (in 12 years..)......So, he's obviously an expert.

And....OH WAIT..... He can bark like a dog.  Yep, that clinches it.  Definitely a guy who knows everything there is to know about playing NFL football.
Bag Bag Joker Joker
coffee

09-26-2022, 03:27 PM -
Is his bark worse than his biting remarks?
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-27-2022, 05:04 AM -
(09-26-2022, 03:27 PM)coffee Wrote: Is his bark worse than his biting remarks?

Fblaugh Fblaugh Fblaugh 

Worship Joker