Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-28-2022, 01:48 AM -
WELL, after this week we will be almost 1/4 -- 25% of the way through the schedule. Our first seven games include five "home" games at B of A.  AND, I have to admit that this year is a tough schedule.  This week-4 game against the Cardinals is a bit of a "trap."  We have always played well against them and have a decent record doing so. We are 14-5 all-time including 2-1 in the playoffs.. The numbers are pretty similar at "home" and "road". We are 8-3 at home and 6-2 on the road.  So why the concern..??

I don't know. It just seems like this game is being taken too lightly.  We will see, but I have a feeling this will NOT be a walk-over.  My gut reaction is we'll come up short in a low-scoring game.  Over-Under = less than 40.

Of course, I'm frequently wrong. So, there's that...
This post was last modified: 10-02-2022, 06:30 PM by Hobbit99.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-29-2022, 11:58 AM -
Does Baker lose his job after this week?
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-29-2022, 01:19 PM -
(09-29-2022, 11:58 AM)Firstchance Wrote: Does Baker lose his job after this week?

Wow---good question.

I think probably not.  But not because he doesn't deserve to lose it.  It's more because of the 'control' factor. The upstairs guys (mostly Rhule..) would not want to admit their mistake. So, he will probably be given every opportunity possible. Even if we wanted to change QBs, Darnold will not be ready for a couple of weeks at least. And Walker is....well, who knows.?? There is a reason he wasn't drafted and ended up playing in the PB&J League. Besides that, I have had my fill of 'little, short, pee-wee league" QBs. 

I would LOVE to see Jacob Eason play a few snaps. 6' 6" -- 230.  Bet he wouldn't have many passes batted down at the LOS.!!
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-30-2022, 06:38 PM -
IAN.... How will it impact the game.? Or will it at all.?

Initially, I was worried that the game might be postponed. Now, it almost assuredly will NOT be. I wonder about drainage under the new field. Especially since the guys are playing on "turf" instead of grass. Slippery stuff, that....
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-01-2022, 07:56 PM -
Baker is on borrowed time. He *probably* won't lose his job until Sam Darnold comes back, but I don't see him finishing the season as our starting quarterback barring some huge turnaround in the next several weeks.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-05-2022, 01:02 AM -
I started to write my "after" game thoughts several times this week, but nothing seemed appropriate to say, that wasn't at the same time ambiguous or disingenuous.....OR, just plain foul-mouthed or inappropriate.  So I held off hoping my attitude would improve or I could find something hopeful to say.  Sadly that has not been the case.

So, I'll just say this..... So far, this season has been one of the most disheartening, inexplicable times in Panthers history....as far as I'm concerned.  For a team with so much talent, so many good skill-position players, and such a strong Defense, the Panthers ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory is unparalleled since the beginning of Panthers football.  I mean, we've had bad starts. We've had bad finishes. We've had bad seasons...... But always they were sort of expected, .... or understandable at least.  This season was full of hope. We have a strong team with GOOD players. Smiling, hopeful fans in the stadium....perhaps even LOFTY expectations. Was all of that hope and excitement...misplaced.??

I don't know guys.  There's a saying among capitalists and spokespeople for monetary expansionism.... "Expenses will always rise to meet income."  Well, I propose a football corollary......  'This Panthers team will always play down below expectations.'

I propose two questions:
1) WHY is this happening??
and
2) WHAT can we do about it??

After working in the US Army; the manufacturing sector; the retail sector; and Public Education, I learned one very important lesson and always required that lesson be heeded among my hires and employees. The lesson I learned was.. "If you are not part of the solution, You are part of the problem."

So, understanding that lesson, I proposed the two questions up there ^^^.  The lesson requires that you can't answer the first question, without answering the second question.   In other words.... Tell us about the problems, but only if you have a reasoned solution. Complaining about a problem without providing a solution (reasoned and reasonable..) is a waste of time and energy.

Thanks for listening.  Color me a disheartened Panthers fan.
This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 01:07 AM by Hobbit99.