Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

17 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-19-2022, 09:19 PM -
Arriving at Week 7 means we are now just a little more than 1/3 of the way through the regular season. Of course, when the Panthers make the playoffs, the season will extend by a game or two or three..???   Fblaugh Big Grin Biggrin WootSign WootSign

OK, OK.... So I was stretching it a little.....

This initial 7 game stretch is as tough an opening run as I have ever seen for the Panthers.  If not for a game against the Saints and some luck, we would be 0-6 right now. As it is, I project the Panthers to be 1-6 after this game against the Bucs.  Then we face the Falcons twice and the Bengals once. Ordinarily, I would say that we had a decent chance against those guys. However, I don't want to OVERstate our capabilities or make it seem like we are better prepared than we are.

Actually, the Falcons have stepped up their game a little. Their "new" QB, Marcus Mariota, is starting to come alive. In fact, he was pronounced the NFC Offensive Player Of The Week.  So.....the Falcons are not going to be a walk-over. In fact, if we were to win ONE of those two games, I would be happy, and pleasantly surprised.  The Bengals are a bit of a quandary. They're 3-3 (like the Falcons..), and certainly have the capability to win some more games. I don't know where in the Power Rankings the Bengals reside, but they are WAY above us. I am hopeful, but my expectations (reality-based..) are such that the Panthers have but a VERY SLIM chance to prevail.

So after the next four games I believe we MIGHT have one more win (maybe..). If we do, it will be against the Falcons at home. So after the first 10 games are in the bag, I expect the Panthers to be 2-8 (or maybe 1-9..).

Haven't said much about the Bucs game this week. There's a reason for that.  Joker Fbcry

YOUR TURN.....
This post was last modified: 10-19-2022, 09:22 PM by Hobbit99.
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-20-2022, 11:15 AM -
Despite Tampa's struggles, I don't see us winning this week. But it would be ironic to be able to claim we're still undefeated in the division.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-20-2022, 11:59 AM -
Sorry guys. I don’t see another win this season based off the team we fielded last week. That may change based on any acquisitions but at this moment, we clearly are dysfunctional.

On a side note, Travis Kelce of the Chiefs restructured his contract. Just saying.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-20-2022, 12:22 PM -
(10-20-2022, 11:59 AM)Firstchance Wrote: Sorry guys. I don’t see another win this season based off the team we fielded last week. That may change based on any acquisitions but at this moment, we clearly are dysfunctional.

On a side note, Travis Kelce of the Chiefs restructured his contract.  Just saying.

I'm kinda with Firstchance on this one.  I don't see any "winnable" games for us the rest of this season based on what we have seen so far.  Bag
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-20-2022, 02:40 PM -
Hard to tell....

As I understand it, right now the Bucs and the Falcons are 'even up', as both teams are 3-3. Then the Saints are 2-4. Then the lowly Panthers are 1-5.  The NFC South is a little "down" this year.  Of course, The Bucs, sporting Tom Brady's "swan song" year after UN-retiring, was not expected to be "all that."  At least, my EARLY comments several months back thought they would have only a modicum of success this year.  I am forced to stand by what I said of course, although there is still plenty of time for them to make a run into the playoffs...... where anything could happen with Brady at QB.

AS far as the rest of the year goes..... There are some question marks in the schedule following the second Atlanta game. After the Falcons games, there are five non-division opponents, and one game with the Bucs and one with the Saints. The five non-division teams stack up like this.....

W-L RECORD CURRENTLY (As of this week..).

Baltimore Ravens are .... 3-3
Seattle Seahawks are .... 3-3
Denver Broncos are ........ 2-4
Pittsburg Steelers are .....2-4
Detroit Lions are ............... 1-4  (Because of their BYE week..)

All of these games COULD be tough games. The Ravens and Steelers probably WILL BE tough games.  I am NOT sold on Seattle. The Broncos could be tough, depending on how Seattle's QB plays. Detroit is a real question. Unknown...  Right now, they are pushing the Panthers for last place.

So, looking at the schedule as reflected by CURRENT W-L records, there are some winnable games there. Of course, the Panthers would have to avoid under-performing like they have so far this year.
This post was last modified: 10-20-2022, 04:00 PM by Hobbit99.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-20-2022, 04:39 PM -
Betting lines as of today shows the panthers a favorite in only one remaining game 12-24 verses the Lions and we are 3 point favorites. Next closest is the Steelers and we are a one point dog.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-20-2022, 05:43 PM -
(10-20-2022, 04:39 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Betting lines as of today shows the panthers a favorite in only one remaining game 12-24 verses the Lions and we are 3 point favorites. Next closest is the Steelers and we are a one point dog.

Thanks First.....  Interesting.!!

The Lions game line doesn't surprise me. Although it's early and a lot can change. The Steelers line DOES surprise me. I think the Steelers are worth at least 7 points over the Panthers. Although, as I said, it's very early to be betting.  Unless you just enjoy punishing yourself.! Big Grin

The rest of the stuff .....  ¿Quien sabe?  I agree with a lot of it. Although I still think the Panthers MIGHT sneak out one win against the Falcons.  My general impression would be a season total of maybe four wins.....MAYBE. And also....MAYBE NOT.!!

The betting lines will slowly clarify as we get closer to each game  (How's that for being obvious..??  Tongue )
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-21-2022, 06:51 AM -
(10-20-2022, 04:39 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Betting lines as of today shows the panthers a favorite in only one remaining game 12-24 verses the Lions and we are 3 point favorites. Next closest is the Steelers and we are a one point dog.

Bet we aren’t anymore.  1-17
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

10-22-2022, 04:25 PM -
Well.....

As BCF noted the "ODDS" --- They are a'changin.  With McCaffrey now in SF, the 49ers have an increased sense of worth and the poor hapless Panthers ---- well, that pony is slowly being ridden to a fall.

Taking a quick look backward to last week, the Panthers Offense was, well ---- offensive. The Panthers total Offense production was just a little over 200 yds. Of that, CMC accounted for approximately 160 yds on twenty touches.  The rest of the entire Offense accounted for 45 yds.  FOR THE WHOLE GAME..!!!

What does that say about this game..??  And by extension, the rest of the season..??  I would guess the Panthers opponents are getting ready to "tee off". They'll be lining up and "Bringing The House". Why wouldn't they.??  Without CMC, what else do they have to worry about or game-plan for..??

I expect this game to get UGLY....
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-22-2022, 09:56 PM -
As long as they play, competitively, I’ll b impressed. Would love to fluster Brady at least some. Got the d talent to do it. I’m an optimist today.

We will see tomorrow.
This post was last modified: 10-22-2022, 09:56 PM by Josh21.