Started by Josh21

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-20-2022, 11:01 PM -
We didn’t get a first, or two.  2nd, 3rd, 4th this year, 5th next year.  Damn, what are we gonna look like Sunday?  Consider me oficcially worried…

Now we can see what CMC n Jimmy G can do, SMDH.
This post was last modified: 10-20-2022, 11:11 PM by Josh21.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-21-2022, 05:31 AM -
(10-20-2022, 11:01 PM)Josh21 Wrote: We didn’t get a first, or two.  2nd, 3rd, 4th this year, 5th next year.  Damn, what are we gonna look like Sunday?  Consider me oficcially worried…

We are going to look like the piece of hot garbage that this team has become under David Tepper.  Bag

So far this season, CMC has accounted for 70+ % of our Offense..... and we are STILL 1-5.  So, yeah, don't expect anything other than garbage time the rest of this season.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-21-2022, 05:34 AM -
(10-21-2022, 05:31 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(10-20-2022, 11:01 PM)Josh21 Wrote: We didn’t get a first, or two.  2nd, 3rd, 4th this year, 5th next year.  Damn, what are we gonna look like Sunday?  Consider me oficcially worried…

We are going to look like the piece of hot garbage that this team has become under David Tepper.  Bag

So far this season, CMC has accounted for 70+ % of our Offense..... and we are STILL 1-5.  So, yeah, don't expect anything other than garbage time the rest of this season.

I swear, I’ve never seen a franchise care less of what their fans think. Hope he does well there.  I wonder if we have any more future HOF to trade Fbmad
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-21-2022, 06:09 AM -
Maybe now everyone will be convinced that the rebuild has began.

I know this will make a few, a lot upset. But, it was the right thing to do. #1 CMC deserves the opportunity to play for a winner and we have been in a position to rebuild for over two years. Kinds like a bad marriage and you hope it gets better, this is long overdue. Even though the compensation was decent I still think it could have been slightly better.

This team, in my research had three players in the top half of their position. CMC, Burns and Chinn. Burns and Chinn have to be our foundation. I also expect Littleton and DJ to be traded. Even though I wish DJ would stay.

Now the bad news. As fans tou have to be patient. It will take 2 to 3 years to be competitive. 3 to 4 years to be a contender and IF this rebuild is done properly we can be in that mix for years and years to come.

In closing, unless we can get Stroud, who I consider the only QB with true first round potential, I otherwise hope we don’t make a reach and HOPE someone like a Bryce Young could be drafted at 2 or 3… it’s a reach at best and another HOPE… hope is not a solution…we have to make solid moves and have solid signings for the next two years.

Peace
PantherFan007
Administrator

10-21-2022, 07:47 AM -
If Tepper and company do not make an effort to seriously solidify our Offensive Line, there isn't a quarterback on the planet that could thrive here.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-21-2022, 07:55 AM -
(10-21-2022, 07:47 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: If Tepper and company do not make an effort to seriously solidify our Offensive Line, there isn't a quarterback on the planet that could thrive here.

I agree and will add, anytime you have a true rebuild you must have #1 a QB and #2 both an offensive and defensive line… those trenches make or break a team. 

And I want a QB but is stupid to draft a QB outside their value. With that said, something keeps telling me that we go after Daniel Jones.
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-21-2022, 09:46 AM -
Kinda glad we did this now. Unfortunately, there's no way CMC would still be the same guy by the time we become competitive. So this gives us probably the best "sell high" opportunity we'd have while also helping assure that we don't screw up the rebuild by winning too much this year.
PantherFan007
Administrator

10-21-2022, 09:59 AM -
(10-21-2022, 09:46 AM)coffee Wrote: Kinda glad we did this now.  Unfortunately, there's no way CMC would still be the same guy by the time we become competitive.  So this gives us probably the best "sell high" opportunity we'd have while also helping assure that we don't screw up the rebuild by winning too much this year.

As much as I hate this trade, and as bad as I hate to see him go, in all fairness he is about one trip to IR from losing any trade value at all.
PantherFan007
Administrator

10-21-2022, 10:04 AM -
(10-21-2022, 07:55 AM)Firstchance Wrote:
(10-21-2022, 07:47 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: If Tepper and company do not make an effort to seriously solidify our Offensive Line, there isn't a quarterback on the planet that could thrive here.

I agree and will add, anytime you have a true rebuild you must have #1 a QB and #2 both an offensive and defensive line… those trenches make or break a team. 

And I want a QB but is stupid to draft a QB outside their value. With that said, something keeps telling me that we go after Daniel Jones.

I don't think it would be a stretch at all to draft C.J. Stroud (Ohio State) with the first overall pick.  That kid is seriously something special.

Personally, I'm not real high on Daniel Jones.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-21-2022, 12:06 PM -
You know, thinking about this whole situation, it’s never been more obvious than now that Carolina panthers have truly lost their whole identity. After the 2022 season the only running back on our roster that’s worth anything even a little bit is Chuba Hubbard, the only quarterback on our roster is Matt corral, the only receiver worth anything currently is DJ Moore, most of our offense of line is here on a one-year deal. This team is going to be a top three draft pick for the next 2 to 3 years. That’s not doom and gloom, that’s just a fact. You can’t get rid of A top-tier running back like McCaffrey and not have a running back, nor a tight end, nor any receiver, basically no offense whatsoever and expect to be competitive in this league. If we honestly win another game this season I will be thoroughly surprised. I honestly will more than likely just catch the highlights because there is nothing really that I’m interested in watching. Sometimes this feels like a move by Tepper  to drive down public interest so he can move the team to where he wants. I have never seen our Fanbase at this much of a low, nor have our seen our team be this truly bad on paper. Say what you want about Scott Fitterer as GM, he has done nothing to actively build this team. Not fair I know due to Matt Rhule, but Scott Fitterer may not even be our GM after the season. We are full on rebuild, there’s no one on defense that can give us an identity, we’re not that good. Just a bunch of gray faces that will be forgotten in five years. I look at our roster and I don’t honestly see anybody that can carry this team to be exciting. You have Burns, who’s really good, but not yet Great.  You have Chinn, who’s good, Horn who’s good, but DEFENSE DOESNT BRING FANS not make you watch games.  Points make things worth watching.  I know there will be SOMEONE who’ll disagree and be like “I love watching a defensive game” and honestly, that’s fine.  I’m sure ya like watching grass grow and paint dry.  I like watching points be scored.  I like complementary football to be on the field.  I like an offense that can control the line of scrimmage and move the ball.  3&out isn’t my style of how I’d like to spend 4 hours on a Sunday.  My blood pressure can’t handle that sack of crap. 

Ok, last few statements was pure butthurt, but Kim sure we all feel this way a bit……….most of us.  

Also, I’d like to note, I am/was an advocate in the off-season to trade McCaffrey.  That doesn’t mean I like that we done it in the middle of an imploding season.  There’s 11 freaking games left… what are we going to watch?  Mcadoo’s incompetence?  Wilks’ inexperience with a clock?  Meh, I’d rather watch wheelchair racing.

(10-21-2022, 10:04 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(10-21-2022, 07:55 AM)Firstchance Wrote:

I don't think it would be a stretch at all to draft C.J. Stroud (Ohio State) with the first overall pick.  That kid is seriously something special.

Personally, I'm not real high on Daniel Jones.

I swear if we go after Daniel Jones…. Y’all think I’m salty now?
This post was last modified: 10-21-2022, 12:22 PM by BlackCatzFan.