Started by Josh21

Rate this topic
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

3 posts in this topic
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-01-2020, 10:12 PM -
Cam says he's coming back.  Do we have enough to compete?  3 good targets for cam.  Ok OL.  D is a mess IMHO.  How far off are we? I know first, 5-6 years. Heh. He's done great when he's spreading the ball around. Run a lil here n there.

Fix the d somewhat. Find a lineman. Find a wr who plays big. Find a te. Brady may be able to steady the O, but Snow has an uphill battle.
This post was last modified: 02-01-2020, 10:24 PM by Josh21.
Scjimk

23 posts 0 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-02-2020, 11:41 AM -
We are doing a complete overhaul. We will have to see if/where Cam fits into the game plan.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,759 posts 502 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-04-2020, 01:27 PM -
OK.....  Let's get REAL here.

EVERYTHING depends on how Rhule wants it to go.  That's the bottom line. So, looking at possibilities is pretty much a lost cause, BUT, here ya go....

Cam says he wants to come back. But ... Do we want him back.??  I LIKE Cam. I supported Cam. And truthfully still do.....  HOWEVER, here is the reality of Cam Newton.
When we drafted Cam, everyone was on board. Cam played hot and daring. He was the greatest thing since sliced bread, and we all loved him for it.!!  For three or four years Cam was as good as HE could be. Running, Option, misdirection, everything  (except passing accuracy...). We still loved him though. It all came to a head in 2015. SUPER BOWL..!!! Yeah.!!!  And then Cam fizzled out. He signed a HUGE (for the times..) contract which we are still paying. Cam changed.... He bought himself a "hatter" and started to dress the part. It seemed the only thing that mattered was Cam and how he looked and how many headlines he could grab. Cam was at once, suave, debonaire, and the Panther's answer to GQ. Cam was EVERYTHING..... except a #1 QB. He makes a beautiful Little Red Riding Hood, and a fantastic Grandma, and an egomaniacal GQ stand-in with a big stogie and a glass of wine, kicked back and talking down to all of his peons.

Since 2015, Cam has been totally ineffectual. Vehicle accidents, injuries (shoulder, foot...), LOTS of excuses.... But for the past four years, very little as a #1 QB. If Cam had played this badly during his first four years when he came into the league, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Cam would be on his third or fourth team by now.!!!  Cam might come back....maybe.!! I hope he does, somewhere.  But seriously, truthfully, I wouldn't bet a dollar on it right now. Cam is too tightly wrapped into "the good life" to be a quality NFL quarterback.

If the Panthers hitch their future to Cam Newton as our QB.....we are in for a LONG, expensive rebuild.!!

You heard it here first.....  Think I'm wrong.??  Talk to me in a couple of years. We'll see where Cam is and how he is doing.....
Scjimk

23 posts 0 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-09-2020, 10:12 AM -
Bump cam and his distractions. We need a rock solid offensive line. We have enough QB talent on the roster as well as receivers to get the job done. Focus picks on the offensive line. All new money on offensive line.

Trade Cam or keep Cam; it doesn't matter. Give all of our QBs time to play their game and see where the dust settles. Currently the QBs are running for their lives. Panthers need to be famous for their offensive line.
This post was last modified: 02-09-2020, 10:19 AM by Scjimk.