Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-08-2023, 11:39 AM -
With just under three weeks left before the draft..... Let's talk about the 30 pre-draft visits allowed (Sometimes known as the "Top 30" visits...).

Of course, not all of them have been scheduled yet.... And some may miss for some reason.... And the Panthers may not use all 30... etc., etc.
Also, I haven't found a reliable source (yet...) that has a list of the ones already completed. So we'll start from here, and use the following list as the ones that have been "scheduled".

This list is VERY similar to several others. It purports to show the visits that are currently "scheduled" to happen over the the next 2-3 weeks.

PANTHERS WIRE:  Panthers  Pre-Draft Visits (30 Allowed..)

Because we are most interested in the QBs, here is the first QB visit on the schedule. Starts tomorrow (Sunday), ends on Monday.

Anthony Richardson -- "Top 30 Visit"
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

04-10-2023, 11:16 AM -
Well.... It's Monday, so the Pre-Draft visit with Anthony Richardson is supposed to happen today. And, if the article from NFl.com proves correct, then Bryce Young will visit tomorrow.

I've been seriously looking, but so far have been unable to source a reliable list of Pre-Draft visits. In other words, a schedule of visits by player and date. There are a couple of "lists" floating around, but no indication of prospective dates for the visits, or which ones have been completed.  So, maybe, we will just have to wait to see if some source drops a name or two ahead of a visit.

If any of you guys know of, or see a list of visits coming up...... PLEASE post a link or source or something...

Worship
This post was last modified: 04-10-2023, 11:17 AM by Hobbit99.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-11-2023, 08:48 AM -
(04-10-2023, 11:16 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Well.... It's Monday, so the Pre-Draft visit with Anthony Richardson is supposed to happen today. And, if the article from NFl.com proves correct, then Bryce Young will visit tomorrow.

I've been seriously looking, but so far have been unable to source a reliable list of Pre-Draft visits. In other words, a schedule of visits by player and date. There are a couple of "lists" floating around, but no indication of prospective dates for the visits, or which ones have been completed.  So, maybe, we will just have to wait to see if some source drops a name or two ahead of a visit.

If any of you guys know of, or see a list of visits coming up...... PLEASE post a link or source or something...

Worship

I never heard anything about Richardson's visit.  Did it happen?
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

04-11-2023, 12:44 PM -
While continuing some research into this subject..... I discovered some "facts" that help with understanding this process.

1) NFL clubs are allowed thirty (30) Pre-draft Official Visits with players "who are eligible for the draft". These are "Private" visits and are almost always scheduled at the club facility. This number does NOT include meetings or "lightning-round" style interviews like those at the Combine, or public get-togethers or dinners or "chance" meetings. 

2) "Official Visits" are for walk-throughs, presentations, introductions, meetings and interviews. MEDICAL examinations are also supposed to be part of the process. On-Field or Facility workouts of any kind are NOT permitted.

3) These "Official Visits" are for NON-local players. "Local" players are NOT included in the thirty (30) Official Visits. "LOCAL" is defined as being within the clubs MMA -- Major Metropolitan Area, and can include Other Colleges and Universities that are so designated by the League.  "Local" players who visit do NOT have to be reported and CAN include On-Field and Facility workouts.

4) These Pre-draft visits MUST be reported to the League Office. --- But are NOT required to be released to the public or to other teams.

5) Clubs are also allowed three (3) On-Line or "Virtual" meetings that can be up to 1 hour in length. (THIS can vary a little, because of COVID, etc...).

6) FOR 2023--- "Pre-Draft Official Visits" must be completed by April 19th (Next Wednesday). "Virtual Meetings" can continue up until the 26th (The day before the Draft..).

OKAY --- That's all I have. I hope this clarified some of the questions. I know it did for me..... Old
This post was last modified: 04-12-2023, 10:30 AM by Hobbit99.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-11-2023, 09:57 PM -
Thanks hobbit!
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

04-12-2023, 10:37 AM -
(04-11-2023, 08:48 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: I never heard anything about Richardson's visit.  Did it happen?

I am assuming it DID happen. Since the team is not required to identify "Official Visits" to the public or other teams, ONLY to the League, there is no real way to know for certain.....

Unless the team just comes out and tells us.

Huh  Bag