Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-19-2023, 01:04 AM -
The Panthers latest presser is in the books.  They set up a Pre-Draft press Conference with Scott Fitterer, Dan Morgan, and Cole Spencer. It's an interesting situation. Not a lot of information that we didn't already know, but it's always good to hear SOMETHING from the upper echelon of Football Operations.

PANTHERS.COM:  Panthers Looking For And Finding "Clarity" Ahead Of The Draft

PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-19-2023, 09:34 AM -
Okay, look at the quarterbacks who have visited; Bryce Young and Anthony Richardson. When I hear Scott Fitterer say, "There has been some clarity" in their decision already, but he reiterates that there are two other guys who will be here this week (CJ Stroud and Will Levis) they have to workout. For me, when I hear someone say, "There has been some clarity", that means they have narrowed it down. If Richardson and Young were the ones who have already visited and clarity has been rendered, that tells me they will NOT draft Anthony Richardson, and that CJ Stroud and/or Will Levis had better come in like whirlwinds if they want to knock Bryce Young out of contention. Fitterer says that after the next two come in, they will get together with the coaching staff and make a decision. The decision should between whose "clarity" they discovered from the first two, and any further "clarity" that is revealed between Stroud and Levis (Which I predict is Stroud). Any "Decision" they have to make will be between Bryce Young and CJ Stroud, as we have all figured so far. Hope that makes sense, it did to me lol
This post was last modified: 04-19-2023, 09:37 AM by PantherFan007.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-19-2023, 09:59 AM -
(04-19-2023, 09:34 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Okay, look at the quarterbacks who have visited;  Bryce Young and Anthony Richardson.  When I hear Scott Fitterer say, "There has been some clarity" in their decision already, but he reiterates that there are two other guys who will be here this week (CJ Stroud and Will Levis) they have to workout.  For me, when I hear someone say, "There has been some clarity", that means they have narrowed it down.  If Richardson and Young were the ones who have already visited and clarity has been rendered, that tells me they will NOT draft Anthony Richardson, and that CJ Stroud and/or Will Levis had better come in like whirlwinds if they want to knock Bryce Young out of contention.  Fitterer says that after the next two come in, they will get together with the coaching staff and make a decision.  The decision should between whose "clarity" they discovered from the first two, and any further "clarity" that is revealed between Stroud and Levis (Which I predict is Stroud).    Any "Decision" they have to make will be between Bryce Young and CJ Stroud, as we have all figured so far.  Hope that makes sense, it did to me lol

I picked up on that as well, and agree.  The tone of the presser, without any certain words was Bryce is the favorite.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-19-2023, 10:47 AM -
(04-19-2023, 09:59 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote:
(04-19-2023, 09:34 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Okay, look at the quarterbacks who have visited;  Bryce Young and Anthony Richardson.  When I hear Scott Fitterer say, "There has been some clarity" in their decision already, but he reiterates that there are two other guys who will be here this week (CJ Stroud and Will Levis) they have to workout.  For me, when I hear someone say, "There has been some clarity", that means they have narrowed it down.  If Richardson and Young were the ones who have already visited and clarity has been rendered, that tells me they will NOT draft Anthony Richardson, and that CJ Stroud and/or Will Levis had better come in like whirlwinds if they want to knock Bryce Young out of contention.  Fitterer says that after the next two come in, they will get together with the coaching staff and make a decision.  The decision should between whose "clarity" they discovered from the first two, and any further "clarity" that is revealed between Stroud and Levis (Which I predict is Stroud).    Any "Decision" they have to make will be between Bryce Young and CJ Stroud, as we have all figured so far.  Hope that makes sense, it did to me lol

I picked up on that as well, and agree.  The tone of the presser, without any certain words was Bryce is the favorite.

I think he definitely is, was CJ's name even called? lol