Panthersfanz Forums
FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - Printable Version

+- Panthersfanz Forums (https://panthersfanz.com/board)
+-- Forum: Carolina Panthers Fanz Forum (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Carolina Panthers Talk (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES (/showthread.php?tid=1381)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - Josh21 - 03-11-2024

We are severely lacking at wr, rb, edge, dl, lb, cb n s. Fix that in 1 off-season. Rebuild engage!

Build in ur own image I guess.

Any de/olb lookpromising in fa? We will need 2-3

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - Firstchance - 03-12-2024

Josh, I agree it is a full blown rebuild. But, Luvu and YGM are perfect players, examples whatever one wants to call them. Proven high quality and reasonably priced… not a freaking guard you pay 100 million for. Want to believe in Dan but this start to free agency IS NOT helping.

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - Ladypanther - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 05:34 AM)Firstchance Wrote: Josh, I agree it is a full blown rebuild. But, Luvu and YGM are perfect players, examples whatever one wants to call them. Proven high quality and reasonably priced… not a freaking guard you pay 100 million for. Want to believe in Dan but this start to free agency IS NOT helping.

What we don't know is if the Panthers did match the money but they players chose to move on.  YGM went to a very good team.    Word has been for a while that they were trying to sign Luvu.  

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - OceanPanther - 03-12-2024

Yup.. Full Rebuild. I'm not going to complain yet and see where we end up after free agency and draft.

We'll probably hear more about Luvu moving on.. Wondering if he tired of losing and all the constant changes.. But Washington doesn't seem like paradise .

Players left : https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/predicting-where-the-top-55-remaining-nfl-free-agents-will-sign/ss-BB1jIcio?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=4e65be78f25746a6ab63b5b655f49c7e&ei=9#image=4

We didn't get much for Burns ,, maybe that's all he was worth .

I like the offensive line help. Our O LINE was NOT NFL QUALITY.

Observations: CMC , Moore , Burns.. 3 first rounders gone. Our simi foundation is gone.

New sheriff in town

GOOO PANTHERS

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - Firstchance - 03-12-2024

Say what you want about the Burns trade but watch any of the sports channels and the panthers are the laughing stock of the league with what we received in return.

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - BlackCatzFan - 03-12-2024

Realistically now let’s be honest with ourselves. Who would want to play for an organization where the fans abandoned the team? Yeah, tepper drove us into the ground, but players feed off of our energy. We condemned the panthers, as a whole group. Don’t agree? Who bought a $10 ticket?

I don’t blame them from wanting to move on. I don’t care about being a “laughing stock” he didn’t want to be here. He DID NOT WANT TO BE HERE. Many reports said we offered him. +25-27 mil a year, which was a really good deal, he chose not to be here. We were going to have a rotten apple sitting on our roster holding a spot, holding 25mil in cap money, and NOT PLAYING. I say take what you get and cut your losses. Plain and simple. I like burns, but it was obvious he didn’t want to be here.

AND I DONT BLAME HIM.

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - BlackCatzFan - 03-12-2024

* OG Robert Hunt: Signing a five-year, $100 million deal that includes a $26.5 million signing bonus. (Mike Garafolo)
* OG Damien Lewis: Signing a four-year, $53 million deal with $26.2 million fully guaranteed. (Ian Rapoport)
* DT A'Shawn Robinson: Agreed to terms on a three-year, $22.5 million deal. (Mike Garafolo)
* LB Josey Jewell: Signing a three-year deal worth $22.75 million that includes a $7 million signing bonus and $10 million fully guaranteed. (Ian Rapoport)
* CB Troy Hill: Re-signing on a one-year deal. (Tom Pelissero)
* LS J.J. Jansen: Re-signing on a one-year deal. (Team)

Add Josey Jewell and A’Shawn Robinson to the group. They’re addressing, just not with the same people we are familiar with.

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - Josh21 - 03-12-2024

(03-12-2024, 04:56 PM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: * OG Robert Hunt: Signing a five-year, $100 million deal that includes a $26.5 million signing bonus. (Mike Garafolo)
* OG Damien Lewis: Signing a four-year, $53 million deal with $26.2 million fully guaranteed. (Ian Rapoport)
* DT A'Shawn Robinson: Agreed to terms on a three-year, $22.5 million deal. (Mike Garafolo)
* LB Josey Jewell: Signing a three-year deal worth $22.75 million that includes a $7 million signing bonus and $10 million fully guaranteed. (Ian Rapoport)

Add Josey Jewell and A’Shawn Robinson to the group.  They’re addressing, just not with the same people we are familiar with.

Maybe that’s a good thing?!?!  Not for next season, but the future.

(03-12-2024, 05:53 PM)Josh21 Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 04:56 PM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: * OG Robert Hunt: Signing a five-year, $100 million deal that includes a $26.5 million signing bonus. (Mike Garafolo)

Add Josey Jewell and A’Shawn Robinson to the group.  They’re addressing, just not with the same people we are familiar with.

Maybe that’s a good thing?!?!  Not for next season, but the future.

Both guys are familiar and have been coached in some capacity by Evero in the past.  There’s connections there.   Word is Jewell is a tackling machine, truth is our run defense just got much better.  Problem is, there’s no pass rush so all they have to do is throw the ball against our no name secondary.

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - Hobbit99 - 03-12-2024

NEXT..

Jeremy Chinn --- Signing with Washington.

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/news/jeremy-chinn-follows-luvu-to-commanders