Panthersfanz Forums
FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - Printable Version

+- Panthersfanz Forums (https://panthersfanz.com/board)
+-- Forum: Carolina Panthers Fanz Forum (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Carolina Panthers Talk (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES (/showthread.php?tid=1381)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - Ladypanther - 03-13-2024

(03-13-2024, 11:42 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: What I hate is that Dan Morgan said he wanted "Dawgs", but then turned around and let Frankie Luvu walk.  And Jeremy Chinn.

The Panthers offered Luvu more money than Wash did. Can't blame Dan  for that one.

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - Josh21 - 03-13-2024

Mike Williams anyone, or we just gonna draft a couple wr?

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - Hobbit99 - 03-13-2024

Upcoming News Breaks:

As the day closes down toward the start of the new league year today at 4:00 PM, there are a few more news items to report.

The Panthers have tendered a contract to RB Raheem Blackshear. Blackshear had some moments last year even though he was infrequently used on the  Offensive side of the ball. Blackshear was mostly a ST player as a kickoff returner where he excels. In 2022, while playing as a returner, Blackshear had several noteworthy games, including one in which he had over 200 return yards. Last year he had several returns of 40-50 yards.
PANTHERS.COM: Panthers Tender Blackshear

The Panthers have agreed to terms to bring back CB Troy Hill.  Hill is a solid veteran presence in the room at the age of 32. Playing both inside and outside, Hill was frequently seen as a Nickel defender as well as a supplement to the Outside CB guys. Last year Hill had one interception against the Dolphins which he returned 61 yards for a pick-6.
PANTHERS.COM: Panthers Agree To Bring Back Troy Hill

The Panthers have agreed to terms with Bills free agent CB Dane Jackson. Dane Jackson has some history with Dan Morgan as he was drafted in 2020 by the Bills when Dan was in the front office at Buffalo. Dane Jackson is set to compete for playing time in the Panthers Defensive backfield with the loss of Donte Jackson. We'll see how this works out, but I don't see DANE Jackson as a projected replacement for Donte Jackson. (IMHO).. Dane Jackson was a 7th round pick in 2020 and has been slow to break in to a regular playing spot.
PANTHERS.COM: Panthers Agree To Terms With Dane Jackson (Bills)...

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - Hobbit99 - 03-13-2024

IT'S OFFICIAL...

The Panthers have officially released three players effective 4:00 PM today.  As expected, Hayden Hurst was released after suffering a bad concussion that sidelined him for a long time. The concussion caused a form of amnesia which contributed to lack of playing time. 

Also released was Vonn Bell. Bell was a one year player who had limited success.... for whatever reason.

Bradley Bozeman was also released.  Hate to see Boze leave.

PANTHERS.COM:   Initial Releases At Start Of  New Contract Year

Five Acquisitions Are "Official"....

Effective 4:00 PM today today, five of the Panthers free agent acquisitions are "official".  Those players officially recognized are:  Robert Hunt; Damien Lewis; A'Shawn Robinson; Josey Jewell; and Dane Jackson.

I would assume the trade deal for Diontae Johnson is a go, but must pass physicals, etc. Trades of course are not subject to the same considerations as Free Agents.

PANTHERS.COM:  Panthers "Official" Free Agent Acquisitions

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - OceanPanther - 03-13-2024

(03-12-2024, 06:35 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: When is the last time the Panthers were this active this early in Free Agency?

NEVER !!!!     

For us this is like the wild wild west..     We'll need a program to know who our players are..

Bills CB   Dane Jackson signs with  Panthers according to Tom Pelissero ..   that's goood.

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - PantherFan007 - 03-13-2024

Sorry if I am posting things on their own thread that someone has already posted here, but it's a pain in my butt to have to scroll thru pages and pages of a single thread to see what is going on.  I'm old and my eyes are failing fast.   Bag

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - Josh21 - 03-13-2024

U good 007!

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - OceanPanther - 03-14-2024

(03-13-2024, 07:16 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Sorry if I am posting things on their own thread that someone has already posted here, but it's a pain in my butt to have to scroll thru pages and pages of a single thread to see what is going on.  I'm old and my eyes are failing fast.   Bag

Normally we sign one or two players and we're talking about other teams lol,,

So with the Panthers having  so much activity  this season we need individual topics for each player..    We're going to have a whole new team basicly so we need to get to know these guys lol..

Edge rushers  today maybe  ?

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - Hobbit99 - 03-14-2024

(03-14-2024, 09:30 AM)OceanPanther Wrote: Normally we sign one or two players and we're talking about other teams lol,,

So with the Panthers having  so much activity  this season we need individual topics for each player..    We're going to have a whole new team basicly so we need to get to know these guys lol..

Edge rushers  today maybe  ?

Looks as if we are going to take a look at several. Some "visits" are scheduled. Notable among them is Jadeveon Clowney. Clowney is aging some, but would represent an improvement over the "nothing" we currently have.

Also supposed to be visiting with Chase Young.... Wonder what it would take to grab him..??

RE: FREE AGENCY --- RETENTIONS - ACQUISITIONS - LOSSES - Hobbit99 - 03-15-2024

Word has it that the Panthers are signing another EDGE guy.  According to Rapoport....

Within the last hour... Announcements are indicating that K'Lavon Chaisson will be signing a one year deal. Chaisson is formerly a 1st rounder from Jacksonville. The Jags did not pick up a 5th year on him...

Chaisson was drafted at #20 overall by Jacksonville in 2020.