Panthersfanz Forums
TE JORDAN MATTHEWS -- BACK ON 53 ROSTER.!! - Printable Version

+- Panthersfanz Forums (https://panthersfanz.com/board)
+-- Forum: Carolina Panthers Fanz Forum (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Carolina Panthers Talk (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: TE JORDAN MATTHEWS -- BACK ON 53 ROSTER.!! (/showthread.php?tid=1631)

TE JORDAN MATTHEWS -- BACK ON 53 ROSTER.!! - Hobbit99 - 08-29-2024

Jordan Matthews arrived here as a TE converted from a WR. He showed out during pre-season and I thought was a "lock" for a spot on the 53. Then came cut-downs and Matthews was cut. As a free agent vested-veteran he was not subject to waivers, so he went unsigned for a couple of days. Then the Panthers signed him back to the Practice Squad. I was happy to have him back..!!

NOW ... He is back on the 53 roster after being promoted today.  SMDH -- What the he**.??  Don't misunderstand, I am HAPPY to have him back. I didn't want him to leave the first time.  But talk about musical chairs.!!
Celebrate

To make room for him on the 53, the Panthers sent DL Jaden Crumedy to IR. He will now miss at least four weeks....

PANTHERS.COM: TE Jordan Matthews Returns To  53

RE: TE JORDAN MATTHEWS -- BACK ON 53 ROSTER.!! - Ladypanther - 08-29-2024

Morgan playing

[Image: phpeaxGid.jpeg]

Glad Matthews is back.

RE: TE JORDAN MATTHEWS -- BACK ON 53 ROSTER.!! - Hobbit99 - 08-29-2024

(08-29-2024, 11:07 AM)Ladypanther Wrote: Morgan playing

[Image: phpeaxGid.jpeg]

Glad Matthews is back.

LOL... Funny.!! NO ONE should have to play against Spock... Let's hope Morgan is just half as good.!!
Headbang

RE: TE JORDAN MATTHEWS -- BACK ON 53 ROSTER.!! - Firstchance - 08-29-2024

(08-29-2024, 10:42 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Jordan Matthews arrived here as a TE converted from a WR. He showed out during pre-season and I thought was a "lock" for a spot on the 53. Then came cut-downs and Matthews was cut. As a free agent vested-veteran he was not subject to waivers, so he went unsigned for a couple of days. Then the Panthers signed him back to the Practice Squad. I was happy to have him back..!!

NOW ... He is back on the 53 roster after being promoted today.  SMDH -- What the he**.??  Don't misunderstand, I am HAPPY to have him back. I didn't want him to leave the first time.  But talk about musical chairs.!!
Celebrate

smh also. It’s almost like…we are trying to figure out this whole professional football league. Geez. 

To make room for him on the 53, the Panthers sent DL Jaden Crumedy to IR. He will now miss at least four weeks....

PANTHERS.COM: TE Jordan Matthews Returns To  53

Or........they told him this is what they were going to do.  He is a vet so could not be claimed.  Could choose who he signed with.  He knew he was coming back so just played  out the process. In that case great move by Dan.

RE: TE JORDAN MATTHEWS -- BACK ON 53 ROSTER.!! - Hobbit99 - 08-29-2024

(08-29-2024, 12:25 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: Or........they told him this is what they were going to do.  He is a vet so could not be claimed.  Could choose who he signed with.  He knew he was coming back so just played  out the process. In that case great move by Dan.

Hmm ... Never considered that. Sounds like something that Dan could have done. And, Jordan Matthews is trusting enough, I assume, to go along with it. Actually, it makes good sense.
Thumbsup

(08-29-2024, 12:41 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(08-29-2024, 12:25 PM)Ladypanther Wrote: Or........they told him this is what they were going to do.  He is a vet so could not be claimed.  Could choose who he signed with.  He knew he was coming back so just played  out the process. In that case great move by Dan.

Hmm ... Never considered that. Sounds like something that Dan could have done. And, Jordan Matthews is trusting enough, I assume, to go along with it. Actually, it makes good sense.
Thumbsup

I would think that is Dan looks you in the eye and tells you something....you can absolutely believe it!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6f7woX8iUIoXFgFPSiBF...SUTHJ-GA&s]

RE: TE JORDAN MATTHEWS -- BACK ON 53 ROSTER.!! - PantherFan007 - 08-30-2024

Great move by the Panthers to bring him back, and I'm glad he's on the 53 man roster. Curious, though, and I know it has been discussed, but we haven't heard much of anything about Ian Thomas lately.

RE: TE JORDAN MATTHEWS -- BACK ON 53 ROSTER.!! - PantherFan007 - 08-30-2024

(08-29-2024, 01:24 PM)Ladypanther Wrote:
(08-29-2024, 12:41 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:

Thumbsup

I would think that is Dan looks you in the eye and tells you something....you can absolutely believe it!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6f7woX8iUIoXFgFPSiBF...SUTHJ-GA&s]

Big Grin Naughty

[Image: tumblr_nbkkvo8m6G1qz9wlpo1_540.gifv]