Panthersfanz Forums
2020 Draft--Panthers Go 100% Defense - Printable Version

+- Panthersfanz Forums (https://panthersfanz.com/board)
+-- Forum: Carolina Panthers Fanz Forum (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Carolina Panthers Talk (https://panthersfanz.com/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2020 Draft--Panthers Go 100% Defense (/showthread.php?tid=165)

Pages: 1 2

2020 Draft--Panthers Go 100% Defense - Hobbit99 - 04-25-2020

After day one and then followed by day two we all thought the Panthers had made quite a splash with their first three picks.  NOW--- It has become obvious just how much importance has been placed on the Defense side of the game.!!

I KNOW there have been a couple of comments (guess who.!!!) about a massive defensive draft being "crazy" or "ridiculous" or something like that...  Still, it should now be obvious just how important a role the Coach and F.O. think Defense will play in this "rebuild" of the Panthers.!!!

1) Derrick Brown -- DT
2) Yetur Gross-Matos -- DE
3) Jeremy Chinn -- S
4) Troy Pride Jr. -- CB
5) Kenny Robinson -- S
6) Bravvion Roy -- DT
7) Stantley Thomas-Oliver III -- CB

PANTHERS PICK A 100% DEFENSIVE SLATE IN 2020....

RE: 2020 Draft--Panthers Go 100% Defense - Josh21 - 04-25-2020

I love that infusion of talent. Needed after the exodus this off season. Think the ol is ok, better than last year in pass pro I hope!

RE: 2020 Draft--Panthers Go 100% Defense - Hobbit99 - 04-25-2020

(04-25-2020, 05:08 PM)Josh21 Wrote: I love that infusion of talent.  Needed after the exodus this off season.  Think the ol is ok, better than last year in pass pro I hope!

Agreed... Our O-line will fare better this year for several reasons....Not the least of which is Bridgewater's quickness with reads and his quick delivery. He is MUCH faster getting the ball out than anyone we've had in the past 10 years.!!

He's good, but it's up to our coach to put the best 5 ol on the field. We've got 7 starters, just where u put em?

RE: 2020 Draft--Panthers Go 100% Defense - Hobbit99 - 04-25-2020

I think there is going to be a battle for position and playing time.!! A GOOD thing, I'd say. I think we'll see some sort of a rotation across the line. Not necessarily all positions, but there will be a lot of cross-training and potential availability. I'm sort of pleased overall. Good opportunity to evaluate talent and get ready for the next draft sequence. I expect the Panthers to do some evaluating, shopping, trading, etc., etc.
Going to be an interesting season.!!

RE: 2020 Draft--Panthers Go 100% Defense - iiwii - 04-25-2020

Man I'm excited over this draft. I felt good about every single pick, and even finding value in round 6 with Bravvion Roy.

Somebody called a d only draft, got laughed at. That guy was pretty smart after the fact. Too much depth to deviate. Hope it works... We did it. Love our 7 picks. 3-4 starters, n role players for the future. Great draft!

RE: 2020 Draft--Panthers Go 100% Defense - Hobbit99 - 04-26-2020

Interestingly, Hurney said in his post-draft interview that an all-defense draft was NOT the intent. Apparently there were a couple of Offensive picks that were not available when we were on the clock. He mentioned specifically a OL guy and a TE. When our turn came we just slipped to the next BPA on our board. Pretty much what I had envisioned before the draft. I guessed at 5 D picks and 2-3 O picks. Ended up all 7 as D picks, but could have gone 5 to 2.

RE: 2020 Draft--Panthers Go 100% Defense - PantherFan007 - 04-26-2020

(04-25-2020, 07:58 PM)iiwii Wrote: Man I'm excited over this draft.  I felt good about every single pick, and even finding value in round 6 with Bravvion Roy.

I was thinking last night, to take an Undrafted Quarterback, trade him for a 5th round pick, and then parlay that into a 2nd rounder is pretty slick. 

The fact that Rhule and Hurney were determined to fix what was left of our Defense was exemplary, and I feel good about the picks myself.

RE: 2020 Draft--Panthers Go 100% Defense - iiwii - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 06:18 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Interestingly, Hurney said in his post-draft interview that an all-defense draft was NOT the intent. Apparently there were a couple of Offensive picks that were not available when we were on the clock. He mentioned specifically a OL guy and a TE. When our turn came we just slipped to the next BPA on our board. Pretty much what I had envisioned before the draft. I guessed at 5 D picks and 2-3 O picks. Ended up all 7 as D picks, but could have gone 5 to 2.

I was hoping we could grab Adam Trautman in the 4th round, but the Saints took him at the bottom of the 3rd.