Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,760 posts 502 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-25-2020, 11:59 AM -
Apparently, Robbie Anderson is now a Panther. Recently from the Jets, Anderson showed some skill even with a very UN-great offense there. Contract is for 20 Mil for two years (supposedly..) with about 12 Mil of that in the first year.  Anderson looks good most of the time, and should be a boon to our WR room.

As reported here by CSR:

https://www.catscratchreader.com/2020/3/...cam-newton
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-25-2020, 04:53 PM -
Wasn't this on another thread? Either way, it's a solid signing. An article I read on NFL.com said that he was an "upgrade" over Curtis Samuel. He was also a wide receiver for Rhule at Temple.

On a side note, I wonder if Rhule is "getting the band back together"? lol
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,760 posts 502 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-25-2020, 05:43 PM -
(03-25-2020, 04:53 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Wasn't this on another thread?  Either way, it's a solid signing.  An article I read on NFL.com said that he was an "upgrade" over Curtis Samuel.    He was also a wide receiver for Rhule at Temple. 

On a side note, I wonder if Rhule is "getting the band back together"?  lol

I don't think it's been mentioned, 007..... First I've seen of it.  I did a search on the forum, don't see it anywhere.  There have been several mentions of former Rhule 'guys', but Anderson is "new". Just announced late yesterday afternoon...

I think Rhule has a tendency to lean toward talent he's familiar with.....As all HCs do. In this case it is probably a very good thing. Anderson has proven himself with a sub-par offense. (Ought to feel right at home here.!!) An upgrade over C Samuel.??  Don't know about that.....  From an experience level, definitely 'yes'. I'm not certain otherwise. Samuel is quick and has good hands.... good in the slot and out of the backfield. I see Anderson as more of an outside guy.  Although, what do I know...???
This post was last modified: 03-25-2020, 05:45 PM by Hobbit99.