Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-31-2021, 10:37 AM -
This is my opinion and my opinion only.

I have never been a fan of Divas. That was my biggest knock against Cam Newton. 

When a player has just signed a HUGE multi-year contract (Deshaun Watson) and at the end of the first contract season demands that he be traded, that goes against everything a Team Sport is about. 

When fans back and love a player, yet he goes on all his social media accounts and removes every single reference to his team, or any mention of anything he ever did as a member of that team, that makes me question his professionalism, maturity, team-mentality, and work ethic.

This guy is all about "ME, ME, ME". 

If he had been OUR quarterback and did what he has done in the past couple of weeks, fans and the media would have crucified him.

Please, for the love of all that is Holy, do NOT bring this man to the Carolina Panthers.  

Sick
This post was last modified: 01-31-2021, 10:38 AM by PantherFan007.
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-01-2021, 11:27 AM -
That very well could be the case but it's not the impression I've gotten.

First, I'll say it's extremely doubtful it would work out with the cost, but I'm not ready to put DW in the "diva" category yet.  He's been part of what appears to be a quite dysfunctional situation in Houston.  I don't know that for sure but here's what seems clearly visible:  They have certainly not been even close to the winning team a player of his calibre would want to be a part of.  As they desperately need to put more stars around him, they instead, inexplicably trade away one of the leagues best receivers.  Now they have him playing at an MVP level, yet they had a season that was even worse than ours.

Our BACKUP RB reached more than 1,000 rushing yards.  Their starter (that they traded DeAndre Hopkins for) didn't even make 700.  Everything was on DW's back and he came through.  All the rest of the team had to do was not throw it away and yet they did so poorly that JJ Watt actually apologized to Watson for wasting his incredible year.  Watt said they should have won 11 games.  I don't picture Watt seeking out that conversation with a diva.

Through all of this, DW stayed quiet.  It seems he allowed enough info to get out that he could let it be known he wanted a change of scenery.  Even this was "media speculation" for a very long time before he officially asked for a trade.  So, I don't know.  It just doesn't look like a diva situation to me.
This post was last modified: 02-01-2021, 11:30 AM by coffee.