Rhule
Started by Firstchance

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-26-2021, 02:00 PM -
Do you STILL think this college coach belongs in the nfl?
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-26-2021, 03:35 PM -
Don’t know. Heard he’s getting another year.

I do think darnold is the better option right now(surprisingly). We just flat cannot protect the qb.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-27-2021, 12:57 PM -
I had my doubts from the start, but my doubts packed their bags and left town several months ago.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-27-2021, 12:59 PM -
I just don't understand how someone (Tepper) would think that taking someone from a collegiate team and expecting them to succeed in the NFL as a head football coach would be a good idea. None of it makes any sense to me.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-27-2021, 04:10 PM -
Interesting question, First....

There are a lot of ways to look at this. None of them shine a particularly good light on the Panthers right now. There are many problems, and the coaching staff is just one of them.

Any 'fair' or 'decent' coach can have success with a team full of high-performing players. And any 'good' or 'exceptional' coach WILL fail if the team is staffed with a bunch of rookies or also-rans. First and foremost, you need to field a TEAM with good positional talent. THAT is NOT easy to do. The issues with the Panthers are mostly player issues. WE have (or HAD..) a nice group of positional talent to start the season. Once injuries started to happen and Covid hit hard, the wheels came off the bus.  The coaches, "coach". The players, "play". What happens 'on the field' is largely the province of the players...

Let me give you one example. Go back a couple of years...not long. Look back at Tampa Bay. They were the laughing stock of the NFC South. Remember we had a Bucs guy here on the forum (GoBucs..??). He was a solitary dude that supported his team and he took a lot of flack here.  So what happened at Tampa Bay.? Did they just suddenly get 'good' overnight.? NO-- they didn't. Did they change the whole coaching staff.? Nope, don't think so. What happened was a slowly evolving metamorphosis. They built their personnel slowly then added a #1 QB (even if he is old..). The result is what you see today.  You have to have a vision for getting to your goal. The end result is what counts. It doesn't happen overnight.

Now, I'm not saying that Rhule is the answer. I don't agree with some of what he does. He shows a lot of nepotism which I think is counter-productive. However, I am not the decision maker. People get paid a lot of money to make those decisions. They are undoubtedly better advised than I am, and make much better decisions than I would.

To close this note, please remember there are a significant number of NFL teams who haven't won a Super Bowl. AND... there are a few that have never even made it TO a Super Bowl. For instance, the Bills and the Vikings have each played in four (4) Super Bowls and never won. Add in the Cardinals, Chargers, Bengals, Falcons, Titans and the Panthers who have all played in at least one Super Bowl but never won. Then add in the Texans, Jaguars, Lions, and Browns..... all of whom have NEVER even made it TO a Super Bowl.......... Well... You get the picture. Thirty two (32..) teams all vying for a limited amount of talent. Players...Home Office...Admin...Managers...Coaches...etc., etc.

You not only have to be 'good', you have to be 'lucky' as well.