Changes to coaching staff
Started by Firstchance

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-07-2022, 08:16 AM -
And no, Wilks didn’t fire himself. Probably has a gala to attend this week?

https://www.panthers.com/news/steve-wilk...bJ3ERGI-JE
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-07-2022, 09:17 AM -
He just about had to do something. The pitiful Offense didn't allow 42 points on us, the Defense (or lack thereof) did.

But I believe we are going to see a Jerry Lee Lewis happen after the season; I think we'll see a "Whole lotta shaking going on" from top to bottom.

I like Wilks and believe he has great potential, but I'm unsure if he is the answer as Head Coach.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-07-2022, 04:12 PM -
(11-07-2022, 09:17 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: He just about had to do something.  The pitiful Offense didn't allow 42 points on us, the Defense (or lack thereof) did. 

But I believe we are going to see a Jerry Lee Lewis happen after the season;  I think we'll see a "Whole lotta shaking going on" from top to bottom.

I like Wilks and believe he has great potential, but I'm unsure if he is the answer as Head Coach.

I too like Steve Wilks. He was placed in an untenable position when Rhule left. I think he has gathered the team as well as anyone could have. It was a no-win situation.

So, both of these guys were holdovers from the Matt Rhule era. The "purge" is still ongoing. How much it will help is unknown.  Right now the Panthers need to "circle the wagons" and play "team" football. Play for the team, and play for each other. All of the "ME" stuff can't help a thing with 22 guys on the field thinking about themselves and pulling in different directions.

It's time to do away with the "hang-dog" look, hold your head up, and play smash-mouth TEAM football. It's the only thing that will help.