Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

0 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-21-2022, 08:27 PM -
So, here we are with three games left to play. We lost a terrible "exhibition" against the Steelers last week. Hmmm.... although, who here could say it was a surprise..?? The Panthers have  A L W A Y S  'failed' against the Steelers. We have a terrible record against them. Anytime we face them, it's almost a guaranteed loss.  Anyway, forward, onward, to the next battle. This week the Panthers face the Detroit Lions. Twelve to fifteen weeks ago EVERYONE thought this MIGHT be a singular bright spot for the Panthers this year. And twelve to fifteen weeks ago they would have been correct in thinking that.  BUT.... That was Then, and This is Now.

After a cataclysmic start to the season, the Lions have righted their foundering ship and have run off a string of victories that has them battling with bared claws for a spot in the playoffs. The Lions started off 1-6 after seven games. Looked like an unmitigated disaster. Since then they have REVERSED their situation and have gone 6-1. So, after 14 games they are 7-7. During that last seven game stretch they have lost ONE game... That to the Buffalo Bills. Everyone else has fallen victim to the Lions with a renewed sense of purpose.

Right now, the Lions are on a tear. So, let's get reality based. Are the Lions playing inspired football..??  YES, they are.  Can the Lions be beat..??  Of course...Any given gameday, you know.  Can the Panthers beat them on Saturday..??  Uhh.....Hmmm....  I don't know. Right now, I would say the odds favor the Lions. By Friday we should have a better view of the injuries on both teams. AND... we will have a better view of the glorious OUTDOOR weather which will impact the game in BofA.  I would like to believe that the Panthers can beat the Lions, especially at home, on Christmas Eve. Whether or not it will happen is another thing entirely.

Currently (early..) the "book" on the game has the Panthers as a slight underdog. Most lines show the Lions as 2.5--3.0 point favorites. The Over/Under currently sits around 43 to 44 depending on who you're reading.  I think BofA and the weather gives the Panthers just enough room to pull this one out of the hat...... Maybe.??
Bag