Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-16-2023, 09:17 AM -
CJ Stroud.  Here's why, and I agree 100 percent

Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,765 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-16-2023, 10:46 AM -
I've always admired Bucky Brooks. Of all the "talking heads", he talks the least and says the most. That's the way it should be.

I agree with a lot of what he said. I am NOT sold on A Richardson. Will Levis is much more accomplished right now (initially). Richardson may turn out to be a good QB (That is what we call "upside" and is a gamble..), or he may turn out to be a mediocre player like he was at Florida.  But CJ Stroud is my pick now that the Panthers are ensconced at #1.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-16-2023, 10:48 AM -
Awesome video. I agree with his analysis as well, and this has been my stance on Richardson the whole time. We don’t need another “cam Newton” we need a complete QB
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

03-16-2023, 11:06 AM -
(03-16-2023, 10:48 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: Awesome video.  I agree with his analysis as well, and this has been my stance on Richardson the whole time.  We don’t need another “cam Newton” we need a complete QB

EXACTLY...
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-16-2023, 11:18 AM -
And here's the deal with Bryce Young; He does what he does (and it is a thing of beauty) against College Defenders, most of whom will never play in the NFL. The NFL is a HUGE step up and he'll have the largest assortment of HUGE players he's ever seen coming at him. Given his size, he will not be able to do all of the things in the NFL that he did in college. That's just fact.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

03-16-2023, 02:15 PM -
(03-16-2023, 11:18 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: And here's the deal with Bryce Young;  He does what he does (and it is a thing of beauty) against College Defenders, most of whom will never play in the NFL.  The NFL is a HUGE step up and he'll have the largest assortment of HUGE players he's ever seen coming at him.  Given his size, he will not be able to do all of the things in the NFL that he did in college.  That's just fact.

And THAT is the primary reason (fault..) that rookies have to overcome to succeed. Fans see them do good in college and think "Wow we need THAT guy". But there is a problem. Think about it like this..... A college player plays 12-15 games per year (OR however many..???). A L Tackle does good in 10 games and beats his opponent on almost every play. His effort is rewarded by him being called a "great" SEC (OR whatever..) Tackle and he is drafted high in the 1st round.  HOWEVER...In 2 or 3 games (???) HE gets soundly beat by the guy across from him. Or he wins half of the snaps against that guy. So, the tendency is to say "No Big Deal" he won 90% of his snaps.!!  The problem is...... Do you know what I'm going to say.??

The problem is, all those snaps he won in those 10 "good" games were against INFERIOR players. None of those guys he beat so bad are going to be in the NFL. When he gets to the NFL, EVERY PLAYER will be a mirror image of those other 2 or 3 games, the ones he had trouble with. Every player he goes against will be the equivalent of the ones who beat him in college. He will be facing his nightmare opponents every game. He'll have to play those tough games, every game. There will be no easy opponents to pad your statistics line. There are no bad players in the NFL.  Every game will be like his WORST games in college.

Rude Awakening..??  YES. It's a rude awakening for the fans too... the ones who thought he was so good because he wasn't playing against NFL caliber opponents.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,193 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-16-2023, 06:55 PM -
Good analysis guys.