PANTHERS DID GOOD -- (IN COMPARISON TO....)
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,765 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-11-2023, 05:58 AM -
Keeping it all in perspective....

You just have to smile a little, or as the old comic strip used to say ..... "Grin And Bear It"

So accordingly, the Panthers loss wasn't really that bad.  Sunday proved to be a real "disaster waiting to happen" for the NY Giants. In their season opener, the Giants took on "America's Team", the Dallas Cowboys. I'll bet the Giants wish they had stayed home in bed. The Cowboys started the 'traveling show' by taking a blocked Field Goal back 50+ yards for the first TD of the game. By the time 60 min, 4 Qtrs, 2 Halves had been played, the annihilation was complete.

COWBOYS - 40  GIANTS - 0

ASSOCIATED PRESS:  Cowboys Destroy Giants

***See What I Mean.???   The Panthers Didn't Do So Badly After All.  CoolDance Thumbsup
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-11-2023, 02:09 PM -
It's difficult for me to be upbeat in any scenario. We were playing against a quarterback who had a total of four NFL starts prior to that game. Defense did good (for a while), and Burns was in Beastmode. The offense (intentionally spelled with a small "s") did better than the preseason, but even Bryce looked very uninspired. None of the offense seemed to be engaged in the game to me. Very lackadaisical and never once got in a "hurry up" offense. I've seen more exciting games of Golf than that one.