Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-28-2023, 03:19 AM -
Now, here is something new (and exciting..).

Word on the street has a former Panther player interested in the HC job....  Surprised.??  I know I was.!!
Fbwow

So, according to NBC Sports, quoting The Athletic ....  Former Panthers star TE, and current #1 Color Analyst for Fox Sports, Greg Olsen, would be interested in the job if he were approached. 

NBC Sports:  Greg Olsen Interested In HC Job

It's not likely that Tepper would even interview him, but it is an interesting thing to think about..?? !!!
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-28-2023, 06:09 AM -
I would love to see Greg involved in any way or manner.

The only thing that concerns me is "WHO THE HECK" would even want the position now, seeing how Tepper and company treat new head coaches.

That having been said, I saw a report yesterday that the Colts still owe Frank Reich close to $40 Million and that the Panthers still owe him over $20 Million, so on the other hand its kinda hard for me to feel too bad for Coach Reich lol
Ladypanther

482 posts 77 threads Joined: Oct 2023
11-28-2023, 06:19 AM -
(11-28-2023, 03:19 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Now, here is something new (and exciting..).

Word on the street has a former Panther player interested in the HC job....  Surprised.??  I know I was.!!
Fbwow

So, according to NBC Sports, quoting The Athletic ....  Former Panthers star TE, and current #1 Color Analyst for Fox Sports, Greg Olsen, would be interested in the job if he were approached. 

It's not likely that Tepper would even interview him, but it is an interesting thing to think about..?? !!!

I read he was interested last year too.  He might be sending a message to Fox who is going to screw him with Brady (Greg losses a few mil if he is not on the #1 broadcast team).
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-28-2023, 06:38 AM -
Who’d want it? Heck, I’d want it!

Matt Rhuleis still getting his 40 million despite not coaching through his contract.

Frank Reich is getting 30 million, despite only coaching 11 games.

Dude, I’d do it for 10, fully guaranteed. Right now, show me where to sign.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

11-28-2023, 03:16 PM -
(11-28-2023, 06:19 AM)Ladypanther Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 03:19 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Now, here is something new (and exciting..).

Fbwow

I read he was interested last year too.  He might be sending a message to Fox who is going to screw him with Brady (Greg losses a few mil if he is not on the #1 broadcast team).

I hear you, LP.  If Olsen loses his job to Brady, that truly will be a huge disappointment and a great disservice to Olsen. He is a really good communicator.  Of course, anything that involves Tom Brady ends up screwing someone. SMDH...
Old
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

11-30-2023, 07:33 PM -
Sorry..... I intended to ADD-ON to this post, but started a new one for some reason....  I guess I could just delete the new one, but I'll probably just leave it.
Fumble

ANYWAY.... Check out Greg Olsen's responses to THE QUESTION...

FORUM THREAD: Olsen -- HC -- Following The Story
This post was last modified: 11-30-2023, 07:51 PM by Hobbit99.