Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-07-2024, 08:38 PM -
Let's kick it off now.  Why wait?

We don't have a first round pick, and the Panthers (Dan Morgan) has already stated emphatically that the Panthers have zero interest in moving back into the 1st round.

So.  Here are two picks that I would take, NOT NECESSARILY in this order, with the 33rd Pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.   Yes, we need O-LINE badly, but nobody is "right there" when we pick at #33 except these guys, and either of them COULD be gone by then and nobody would be mad.  

The rush for Quarterbacks in the first round of this draft will be kind to us when looking for STAR MATERIAL Wide Receivers early in the 2nd round.

Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State

And the FASTEST and most ATHLETIC "taller than 6'2" Wide Receivers in all of College Football.

My boy, Xavier Legette, WR, South Carolina.  Listen, Yes, I am a Gamecocks fan, but I watched Deebo Samuel from scratch to finish at South Carolina, and he has nothing on this guy.  In the right hands, Legette is going to be a STAR in the NFL.  He has a Stiff Arm like Jonathan Stewart, he is physical at the line, not afraid to go after the ball in traffic, and boy can he outrun defenders in the open field.

Big Grin

Your thoughts?  Your picks?

Let's discuss. 

Cool
This post was last modified: 02-07-2024, 08:50 PM by PantherFan007.
OceanPanther

107 posts 12 threads Joined: Mar 2020
02-08-2024, 11:01 AM -
I like your Keon Coleman FSU . In my best wish scenario.. I'd like Rome Odunze out of Washington , Troy Franklin out of Oregon

Tight Ends. The dream would be Brock Bowers out of Georgia,, but he'll probably be a top 10 pick,, SO maybe Ja'Tavion out of Texas. but would rather have a WR instead of a Tight End,

Like you 007 , I'd rather look at a WR at 33 pick than an desperately needed O lineman .

Hopefully a Good O line through free agency
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-08-2024, 05:27 PM -
I’d go O-Line through FA, and Xavier Lanette at 33 if he is available. It’s a relatively deep WR draft, so he can go at 15 or 45
This post was last modified: 02-10-2024, 09:52 AM by BlackCatzFan.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-08-2024, 07:15 PM -
There are possibly up to six Quarterbacks going in the 1st Round of the Draft, so that bodes well for us.  Not picking a Quarterback, it in essence moves us "up" in the draft, not counting quarterbacks.  We'll have possibly up to six extra first round talents available to pick at #33 than if there were no quarterbacks in the mix.  Remove any other positions we would not be drafting, and then see who's the best on the board at that pick.

You can get talented O-Linemen later in the draft and in Free Agency, but those rare talents, those come in the early picks.
This post was last modified: 02-08-2024, 07:16 PM by PantherFan007.