2 posts in this topic
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,193 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-20-2022, 09:54 PM -
Articl coming.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2022/0...ee-agency/

Second lb signing. Don’t mind it.
This post was last modified: 03-20-2022, 09:57 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,765 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-21-2022, 01:13 AM -
The Panthers are continuing to build depth ahead of the draft. Littleton appears to be an effective tackler. The balance of his qualifications are still in question I think. He's been in the league for six years, the last two with the Raiders where he hasn't been as effective as he was earlier in his career. He has the pedigree in his past time with the Rams, but lately...Not so much. Anyway, it's a one-year deal. So.... a "prove it" thing.

The Panthers have plenty of "bodies" to play LB. Just no 'standout' INSIDE Backer. Sooo.... With Shaq Thompson, Frankie Luvu, and Chinn who has proven himself and could move up to LB if we wanted him to, we have some guys who can do the job. In addition, we have another new addition, Damien Wilson, and Julian Stanford, a true veteran, and now Littleton, as well as several others of lesser KNOWN ability. Depending on how the defense is called, we have several more guys who play the edge as combo DE/OLBs.  So, I would contend that our LB situation is OK for now. The ONLY real question is in the middle. Hopefully one of the veteran additions can handle it, although I think adding a new MLB in the draft could definitely happen.

BUT..... What do I know..??? Bag Huh
This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 01:15 AM by Hobbit99.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-21-2022, 07:13 PM -
I like it when we take not-so-known players and let them have a huge impact here. I just hope that pans out with these guys. We signed a few last season about whom I was excited, but we cut or traded them before the season got started good.