Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
06-30-2020, 10:12 AM -
Wow. Reading that article is the first time something occurred to me. It says:

"His resume more than speaks for itself but here's a quick reminder of what a healthy Newton has done in his career: three-time Pro Bowler, 2011 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and numerous Panthers and NFL records in his name. He also led Carolina to its second Super Bowl berth in 2015, a year that saw them finish 15-1 and him win an MVP while earning Offensive Player of the Year and first-team All-Pro honors. His career win-loss record is 68-55-1 while his postseason record is 3-4."

2015 was spectacular, but that means his record for everything else is 53-54-1 and postseason 1-3. Not very impressive. If I had felt there was any chance of getting the 2015 Cam back for a few years, I'd have been for it, but I think, at best, we'd have been a 50-50 team as we watched his 30+ year old body slow with more beatings, and then we'd be right back here. But this is probably best for him. If he can handle their system (not allowing the antics, etc. and demanding perfection) this may be the perfect way for him to go forward. I don't think he'll stick in New England, but it will hopefully springboard him to one more decent contract somewhere.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cam Newton Agrees To One Year Deal with Patriots - by coffee - 06-30-2020, 10:12 AM